Astra is a popular WordPress theme that offers customization choices, style and speed for website owners. It can be used for restaurants, blogs, business sites, WooCommerce storefronts and many other niche purposes. Astra theme is free but you can add more features via Astra Pro and Astra Agency plans (now called Essential and Growth Bundles).
Astra includes pre-built template pages whichs saves time when designing website. You can quicky customize demo designs without having to touch any code. Astra’s customization options are impressive.
You can craft a site in any way you want. You can alter page width or remove sidebars and page titles. Astra’s speed is what differentiates it from the competition. Its lightweight speed is ahead of all other similar themes on the market today.
You can manage layouts for your headers, footers, blogs, posts, archives, pages, sidebars, set your meta, content, colors and fonts, etc.
NOTE: I have compared Astra free vs Astra pro plan as well as Astra vs GeneratePress theme, and Astra s OceanWP theme, so be sure to check those to see how they are different.
Astra Pro vs Astra Agency Bundle Comparison
You can purchase Astra Pro or any of Agency bundles (now called Essential and Growth Bundles) either as annual or lifetime payment.
- Astra Pro Addon
- WP Portfolio
- Ultimate Addons for Elementor
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder
- Schema Pro
- Convert Pro
- SkillJet Academy
- Free Starter Templates
- Agency Starter Templates
- Access to Future Plugins
- ASTRA PRO
- $49 annual or $239 lifetime
- 20+ Free Starter Templates
- ESSENTIAL BUNDLE
- $169 annual or $499 lifetime
- You choose either Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder or Ultimate Addons for Elementor. You can't get both with this plan.
- You choose either Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder or Ultimate Addons for Elementor. You can't get both with this plan.
- 55+ Agency Starter Templates
- GROWTH BUNDLE
- $249 annual or $699 lifetime
- 20+ Free Starter Templates
- 55+ Agency Starter Templates
What Is Astra Pro?
Astra is a free WordPress theme. You can download it from WordPress repository. While there are many available options in free version, pro version brings even more features. Astra Pro is the premium add-on for Astra theme which adds several additional convenient customization optins.
Astra Sites is an additional plugin that compliments Astra Pro. Astra Sites includes big selection of pre-built templates. These templates have graphics and pages that are fully functional and ready to use at any time.
Astra is a lightweight, fast WordPress theme which offers several customization features in the free version. Astra Pro is a plugin that is installed separately. It provides access to custom layouts, transparent headers and other additional theme options. It has many more features that you can use to customize websites. The best part is that you don’t have to touch any code. Each advanced feature is provided as individual module.
You can decide which features you want to enable or disable. This saves time and makes things easier. Using fewer features can enhance site’s performance.
Some of the functions that be performed with Astra Pro include:
- Embedd Typekit fonts
- Embedd custom font files in Astra theme
- Place “hooks” on custom content
- Use customizer interface to reset Astra theme customizer settings
- Change Astra Meta settings on multiple pages or posts simultaneously
- Create new sidebars that you can show on certain pages of site once certain conditions have been met
What’s The Difference Between Astra Free & Astra Pro?
There are two versions of the Astra theme. You can download the free version from the WordPress repository which is limited in functions it offers. And you have the pro version. The Astra Pro addon adds extra modules and features. You can use the premium edition to customize site however you want.
- Transparent HeaderUse the transparent header that sets a transparent header background and pulls the page up, merging both of them.
- Sticky HeaderThis is a header that sticks on top of the page even when the user scrolls. It allows quick access to the menu from any part of the page.
- Mobile HeadersWith this, you can customize and adjust header breakpoints, set a different logo, menu styles, colors, etc. for a mobile device.
- Page HeadersYou can add custom page headers and set display rules to show them up on specific pages and posts of your website.
- Mega MenuCreate beautiful templates with your favorite page builder or drop in a shortcode to include a layout within a mega menu on your website.
- Colors & TypographyYou can set colors and fonts that integrate well with your brand, and easily manage the colors and typography of the entire website.
- Dedicated SidebarCreate page specific sidebars that can override the settings and customizations of the default sidebar on your website.
- WooCommerce Ready
- Boxed LayoutDisplay your primary content in a boxed layout to distinguish it from the other content seen on the page.
- Full Width LayoutFull width layout that lets you use the entire width of the primary content on your website.
- Padded LayoutYou can insert specific margins on the edges of the content to give it a padded look.
- Fluid LayoutFluid layout that lets you stretch the entire website till the ends of the screen.
- Spacing ControlManage the margins and paddings around all the elements and overrides the default space settings.
- Default ContainerDefault container, called the primary container with its own specific layout and settings within the customizer itself.
- Google FontsSelect from as many as 700+ Google fonts to make sure you get the best typography for your website.
- Custom FontsWish to use a custom font on your website? With the free Custom Fonts plugin, you can import and use any custom font you like.
- Responsive Font SizeControl your typography size according to the device it will be viewed on. You can select different font sizes for different devices.
- Paragraph Margin OptionOption to manage the spacing between paragraphs and around them using the paragraph margin option.
- Font Size PX, EMWish to use your favorite unit to determine the font size? Astra lets you set them in PX or EM.
- Text TransformText transforms for your heading tags. You can select a uniform text format for a particular heading tag.
- Primary Header ColorsSeries of options to control the colors and background within the primary header on your website. You can change them for mobile and desktop.
- Above Header ColorsManage the colors and background on your above header. Set different colors and backgrounds for a mobile device.
- Below Header ColorsChange the color and background in your below header
- Transparent Header ColorsSet different colors and modify them easily on the transparent header
- Sticky Header ColorsSeries of options to control the colors and background within the sticky header on your website.
- Content ColorsEasy interface to manage the colors of different types of content from a single place. You can control colors for heading tags and more.
- Blog / Archive ColorsManage the colors on your blog or archive pages
- Single Page ColorsManage colors and background on the single pages of your website
- Sidebar ColorsCustomize the colors and background of your sidebar
- Footer ColorsVarious options to manage colors on the footer
- Grid LayoutShowcase all your blog posts in a grid layout on your blog page
- List LayoutSet your blog page to display your blog posts in a list layout that will place every post one after the other.
- Masonary LayoutDisplay your blog posts in a trendy masonry layout
- Highlight First PostHighlight the first post in your list.
- Date BoxDisplay a trendy date box for every post element that you add on your blog page.
- Excerpt CountThe excerpts act as a summary of the post. You can fetch respective excerpts to be displayed with every post on the blog page.
- Blog Structure ControlYou can manage how individual posts are shown on a blog page. Control the structure by placing the feature image, title and meta text in order.
- Blog Content WidthYou can manage the content width of your blog page using the Blog content width option. This option changes the container width of this page
- Post PaginationAdd stylish pagination to distribute your blog posts within several pages
- Infinite LoadingYou can select the infinite loading option that keeps loading blog posts on the same blog page as the user continues scrolling below.
- Logo AlignAlign logo left, right or center
- Mobile Header DesignsAdd breakpoints and display flyouts, the hamburger menu and more according to your needs of your website.
- Above Header ContentAdd all types of content within your website’s above header.
- Below Header ContentAdd different widgets, HTML content, shortcodes and more to manage the content within your website’s Below header.
- Above Header LayoutManage and control the layout of your above header along with the content on it.
- Below Header LayoutManage the below header layout along with its content.
- Flexible Footer LayoutsSelect a flexible footer layout to contain different types of content such as widgets. Text, HTML code, shortcodes, etc.
- Footer Bar LayoutSelect the right layout you want to display with the Footer bar on your website. You can select and manage content within it.
- WooCommerce Grid SettingsAllows you to display your products in a grid layout that you can customize as per your needs.
- WooCommerce Infinite ScrollDo you wish to load all the products on a single page? You can do so my choosing infinite loading that loads products when the users scroll down
- WooCommerce Off-Canvas SidebarAdd an off canvas sidebar on the Shop page. This sidebar remains out of screen initially and can be triggered through a button or link.
- WooCommerce Quick ViewEnable the quick view option that lets users take a closer look at the product without opening it in a new page.
- WooCommerce Gallery OptionsDisplay all your products in a product gallery on your Shop page. You can set the layout as grid or list and customize it further.
- WooCommerce Dropdown CartShow a dropdown cart that lets users see the products that have been added to the cart or add one through it.
- WooCommerce Sales Bubble StyleYou can display trendy and attractive sales bubbles on your products that encourage quick purchase and boost sales.
- LifterLMS IntegrationIntegrates seamlessly with LifterLMS to help you build an attractive and distraction free online course website.
- LearnDash IntegrationIntegrates seamlessly with LearnDash to help you build a user-friendly and attractive website to offer online courses.
- Schema IntegratedComes with the basic schema markup implementation that is needed to help search engines understand your website better.
- SEO Optimized
- Address WidgetsAllows you to frame and display your business address anywhere on the page without a line of code.
- Info List WidgetsAdd an info list anywhere on the page. Use various icons and create a good looking informative list on your page
- Social Icons WidgetsAdd social icons.
- Custom HeaderYou can create custom headers using your favorite page builder. Build your own custom header and enable it on the entire website or specific pages.
- Custom FooterBuild custom footers with your favorite page builder and use them on the entire website or particular pages you wish to show it on.
- Custom 404 PageDesign an attractive custom 404 page with content of your choice
- Custom Layout – HooksWith hooks you can inject custom code and content anywhere you wish to add them.
- Display ConditionsYou can choose to display a custom layout across the entire website or select specific pages you wish to show them up on.
- Gutenberg ready
- ASTRA FREE THEME
- ASTRA PRO
Astra Agency Bundle ( Now Essential & Growth Bundles)
The price for an annual Astra Pro subscription is $49. The lifetime package is available for $239. Astra also offers two additional bundle packages: the Essential bundle and the Growth Bundle.
The Essential Bundle includes all of the features of the Astra Pro plan, access to over 180+ different prebuilt starter websites along with WP Portfolio plugin, and either Ultimate Addons for Elementor (check best Elementor addons) or Ultimate Addons for Beaver Bulder (check best Beaver Builder addons). The Essential Bundle can be purchased for $169 per year. There’s also a lifetime option that sells for $499.
The Growth Bundle plan includes everything from previously mentioned plans (along with Ultimate Addons for Elementor and Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder and a WP Portfolio plugin). It also includes Schema Pro, Convert Pro and all future plugins made. You can buy the Growth plan for $249 per year or go with lifetime plan priced at $699.
With Astra’s pro plan you get over 20 different free starter templates. But with any of Astra Growth plans you get 180+ templates. SkillJet Academy is also included in the Growth Bundle plan. This is library of online training courses. All of the courses are provided by experts in many major industries.
Tools Included In Growth Bundle Package
The Agency Bundle has powerful resources to help you create unique, effective websites. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Astra Theme Pro Addon – This is an extension that adds more customization options and features to free Astra Theme. The addon costs $59/year, but it’s included for free in Growth Bundle.
- Pre-built Starter Templates – You can use a wide variety of impressive pre-made sites.
- WP Portfolio – Create amazing website teasers and custom portfolios. It sells for $49/year by itself, but it’s included free of charge in this bundle. Check WP Portfolio review for more info.
- Ultimate Addons for Elementor – The Elementor widget library can help improve your design skills. The addon retails for $69/year, but is included for free here.
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder – Get over 300 different page and row templates, along with more than 60 custom modules. The plugin sells for $69/year, but you don’t have to pay a cent for it when you buy the Growth Bundle.
- Schema Pro – Allows you to markup thousands of pages in a short period. It costs $79/year as a stand-alone product, but you get it for free when the Gorwth Bundle is purchased. For more info check Schema Pro review.
- Convert Pro – Powerful tool for converting site visitors. You can create info bars, slide ins, exit intent popups and other eye-catching call to action elements. It sells for $99/year, but is included for free as a part of the Growth Bundle. For more info check Convert Pro review.
- SkillJet Academy – Courses which will help you improve understanding of what it takes to create and manage successful web design companies. You’ll learn how to build your own site, create and implement proper marketing strategies, develop good customer relationships, build your customer base and a lot more.
Astra Plans FAQ
1. Are Beaver Builder Pro and Elementor Pro included in the Bundles?
Elementor Pro (check Elementor free vs pro differences) and Beaver Builder pro (check Beaver Builder free vs pro comparison) are not included in the Astra plans. They were created by other developers, so they can’t be included in Astra pricing plans.
The pre-made Astra site demos were created using free editions of Elementor or Beaver Builder. If you want to use those site demos, you don’t need to buy the Pro version of the page builder.
2. What is the difference between Astra Pro and Bundles?
The Astra Pro Addon can be used in conjunction with the free edition of Astra. It provides additional features and functionality.
There are two bundles. The Essential Bundle package includes Astra Pro, WP Portfolio plugin and Starter Templates. You also have option to choose either Ultimated Addons for Beaver Builder or Ultimate Addons for Elementor plugin. But not both.
The Growth Bundle brings pre-built sites. You also get everything from previously mentioned Mini Agency plan plus Schema Pro, Convert Pro, SkillJet Academy and all future plugins made.
The Astra Pro Addon is ideal for anyone who wants a solid theme that’s easy to customize. The Growth Package works well for those who want pre-designed websites and all the necessary tools to create and deliver websites.
The Essential Bundle is a good choice for people who are satisfied with a single page builder, but want additional resources to help them use pre-made site templates and improve their existing sites.
3. What is the difference between Essential Bundle vs Growth Bundle?
The Growth Bundle has all you need to create appealing websites for every industry and niche. It allows you to use Astra Pro Addon, Astra Premium Sites, Schema Pro, Convert Pro, WP Portfolio Plugin, Ultimate Addons for Elementor and Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder plus SkillJet Academy.
The Essential Bundle concentrates on the particular page builder that you prefer. The Essential Bundle provides access to the Astra Pro Addon, Astra Premium Sites, the WP Portfolio Plugin and the Ultimate Addon for either Beaver Builder or Elementor.
4. Can I upgrade if I already own one of the Astra plans?
Absolutely. All you need to do is just pay the difference of what you’ve already paid.
5. Can I downgrade from Growth Bundle to Essential Bundle?
Unfortunately not. There aren’t any downgrade options for any of packages or products.
6. Are there going to be more plugins added to the Growth Bundle?
Astra’s developers are always working on more ways to improve the overall user experience. The majority of future plugins they create and release will be made available for existing Astra Agency customers at no extra charge.
7. Can I use bundled plugins on other websites without Astra?
Yes. All plugins that are included will be in your account so that you can download them after you’ve purchased the Essential Bundle or the Growth Bundle. Each plugin has its own individual license key, so that they can be used on any sites that you want, no matter whether they have the Astra theme or not.
8. Will we receive separate license keys for every bundled plugin?
Yes. Each bundled plugin has its own separate purchase key/license key. You can use those plugins on any site, even if the particular site doesn’t have Astra.
Astra Pro vs Essential & Growth Bundle Conclusion
Astra is an intuitive WordPress theme that’s very customizable. It integrates with many popular page builders and is ideal for search engine optimization. If you don’t want to worry about advanced site building, this is an excellent theme.
The Astra theme provides much more than most users will ever need. You can change backgrounds and colors, toggle between various header choices, change your layouts and make many other changes.
The theme works very well with widgets. It has four areas where widgets can be placed. The theme connects with Toolset to provide additional customization. More options can be accessed with the premium addon. Its compatibility with WooCommerce and many other well-known plugins can take the stress out of site creation for you.
Astra’s loading speed is about half a second. It’s one of the quickest themes in the industry. Astra is incredibly easy to use and has plenty of appealing customization choices to help make any website unique.
The Astra Starter Sites plugin lets you use pre-built templates that can be altered to meet your business needs. It integrates with popular page builders, so you can complete tasks faster without having to know much about HTML.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.