It is standard practice that the customer receives a transactional email after he places an order online. If someone buys something from your website, then both you and your customer receive one of these emails. WooCommerce default emails are dull and boring, so using the WooCommerce email customizer plugin will add a level of professionalism to your emails.
Every aspect of your e-commerce store needs to work well and look good. From shipping features, the security of WooCommerce store, payment gateways, store analytics (see gow to track conversions in WooCommerce), inventory management, follow-up emails (check best WooCommerce follow-up emails plugins) to transactional emails.
Transactional emails contain details about the order that has been placed and include features that are personal to that customer. They are different from promotional emails that contain generic details and are sent to everyone on your mailing list.
Transactional emails include information about a completed order, processing order, refunded order, or new order.
A transactional email must appear professional because this will help give your customers confidence in your business. The design used in the email needs to correspond with the design of your website. There is a danger that your business will appear disorganized and unreliable if your transactional email is not presented in this way.
When it comes to customer emails, WooCommerce offers pretty standard and generic templates that do the job but are limited when it comes to design customization.
You will need to have experience in coding to create a unique transactional email. This can be a disadvantage as the standard emails that the plugin provides are very simple.
Customization requires going into the code and editing the PHP template files, which isn’t really an option for a non-programmer. Even if you are a competent coder, then you may find that the process of customizing the email is still long and challenging.
However, you can get around this as there are many excellent paid and free email customizer plugins for WooCommerce.
Why Use WooCommerce Email Customizer Plugin?
There are many online stores using default WooCommerce emails, so if you just add any customization to your emails, you are going to stand out from the competition.
To be successful in business, you need to have something that makes your business instantly recognizable. Your branding needs to be consistent across all the channels that you use to communicate with your customers.
Transactional emails are not there only to confirm the order a customer has just made, they also have a number of other uses. The first email that a customer receives when they have signed up to your mailing list could persuade them to make a purchase.
When a purchase has been made, the email confirming purchase can give details of other products that the customer may be interested in. This way, you are providing the customer a look at your products without even directing him to your site.
Advantages of customized emails:
- Your emails will be visually appealing and impressive
- The emails can be designed so that they meet your needs
- Conversions and engagement will increase
- The emails can be made interactive
- Your business will appear professional, and this will increase consumer confidence
Best WooCommerce Email Customizer Plugins
There are several WooCommerce email customizer plugins available, and it can be hard to know which one is going to be best for your circumstances. Some of the best plugins are listed below with a description of their features so you can easily make your decision which one best fits your needs.
1. YayMail – WooCommerce Email Customizer
YayMail made by YayCommerce comes with a drag and drop interface similar to Elementor’s in which you have a left-hand option bar to hold all elements, a drop-down top menu to choose a particular email to edit, and a live preview display.
YayMail helps you to make all transactional emails a much more bespoke end result for your customers with branding details like logo, header greetings, custom color, social icons, footer, and so on.
With YayMail customizer, you can also copy a single block or a full template to another WooCommerce email so that you don’t have to design it over and over again.
If you’re using YayMail on multiple sites and you want to have that store brand consistency, you can easily export and import the designs and layouts. It saves lots of time and you will love it.
Notable features of the plugin include:
- Drag and drop blocks
- Live preview editor
- Tons of shortcodes
- Copy & paste element block
- Multiple columns
- Import & export templates
2. Email Customizer for WooCommerce with Drag and Drop Email Builder
Email Customizer with Drag and Drop Email Builder is a straightforward plugin to use due to the drag and drop functionality. You just need to select the email sample you want to use, and you can begin the customization process.
The types of things that you can add to an email using this plugin include logos, images, and social media icons. You are also able to edit the header and the footer of the email.
This plugin differs from a lot of others as it allows you to edit the body of the email, not just the header and footer. The drag and drop builder is straightforward to use and can help you create professional emails.
Email Customizer for WooCommerce plugin has several other elements that can be added to emails, which will help your business get the most out of any emails sent. One example of these elements is the ability to add a coupon to an email (check how to create coupon code in WooCommerce).
Coupons can be used by the customer to get a discount on the next purchase or any other type of discount that you want to offer. These types of offers can be very effective at encouraging customer loyalty.
All default emails that are available through the WooCommerce platform can be edited using this plugin. You can design and customize all the default emails like New order, Cancelled order, Failed order, Order On-hold, Processing order, Completed order, Refunded order, Customer Invoice / Order Details, Customer note, Reset Password, and New account.
3. WooCommerce Email Customizer
The WooCommerce team designed this Email Customizer plugin, so it is one of the better options in terms of functionality. If you want to customize your emails but still fit with the WooCommerce style, then this plugin is a good choice.
WooCommerce aims to keep things simple for customers and businesses that use their platform. This simplicity can also be found in the WooCommerce Email Customizer plugin, and so it may not be suitable if you want to make a lot of changes to the default emails. However, if you are looking to keep things simple, then this is a perfect choice.
Some of the notable features of this plugin are:
- All default emails can be customized with their own design
- The customizer makes use of drag and drop
- You do not need any coding knowledge
4. Email Customizer Pro
This WooCommerce Email Customizer Pro plugin transforms your default WooCommerce order emails into unique, fully-branded messages. Customize email templates – text, colors, header, footer, and others. Make your emails stand out, and provide clear content and calls to action.
Email Customizer Pro gives you professionally designed ready-made templates and flexibility to customize these templates using the WordPress Customizer. No coding required whatsoever.
Some of the notable features of this plugin are:
- Customize WooCommerce emails and all eleven WooCommerce email templates.
- Add your own content – text, image, video, links, etc.
- Customize using HTML/CSS.
- Show product recommendations within the emails and boost your sales.
- Send test emails to see how the emails will look on the customer’s end, and tweak as needed.
- Live preview.
- Mobile responsive.
- Compatible with the Smart Coupons extension, WordPress, and all the WordPress themes that support WooCommerce.
5. WP HTML Mail – Email Designer
WP HTML Mail is a free plugin that will allow you to design your emails so they can be used as you want them to be. The text and images in the email can easily be changed, and you can add and edit pictures.
The alignment of the email can also be altered. The plugin has a live preview feature which you can use to see what your changes will look as you make them.
6. Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer
You can make changes to WooCommerce default emails with Kadence Email Designer without needing any knowledge of coding. Kadence comes with several additional styling options.
There are pre-built templates within this plugin that can be imported to WooCommerce. Once the template is imported, then you can make further changes to the layout if needed.
The customizer is used to select the email that you want to edit, and then you can make changes from there.
Notable features of the plugin include:
- Live editing of WooCommerce emails
- Importing of pre-built templates
- The font, text, color and other aspects can all be customized
- Customized settings can easily be imported and exported
- Inbox email testing
7. Email Customizer for WooCommerce
WooCommerce emails can be fully customized using Email Customizer for the WooCommerce plugin. This includes every aspect of the email, such as headers, footers, colors, social media links, text, and images. You will need to use a shortcode with this plugin and makes use of WordPress customizer.
The plugin also contains a live editor, which means that you can see these changes as you make them. You can check everything is in place before it is sent out to your customers.
This plugin works particularly well for:
- Offering a completely customized email with your own social media links and being able to change the message within the email
- Being able to see what the customer will see before the email is sent so you can make any necessary changes
- Being able to preview the changes that are made to any template
- Resending certain emails such as invoices from orders
UPDATE: This plugin is no longer available.
8. YITH WooCommerce Email Templates
YITH WooCommerce Email Templates plugin includes templates for emails that can be sent when customers register on your site and when they purchase a product. These emails can be customized so that you can create something professional that customers will associate with your brand.
You can add your own logo to the email as well as change the typography, font, and colors. This allows you to match your emails to the design of your website. You can also use some of the pre-set designs which have been created by UX designers with the needs of business owners in mind.
Features of this plugin include:
- All WooCommence emails can be stylized
- All WordPress emails can be stylized
- Set a default logo that can be used in all templates
- Place a logo in the header of emails
- Show a preview of the email that you have created
- Set up different templates for different types of email
- The choice of four available templates – default, informal, elegant and casual
- Advanced style options can be used to change the colors and the typography of the email
- Customized links can be added to the header of the email
- Add the links to all the social media sites
- The product image can be deleted from the content of the email
- Add different footers for different emails.
9. Visual Email Designer for WooCommerce
Visual Email Designer for WooCommerce plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress repository for free. You can use it to send customized emails to your customers.
You can create templates for each of the default emails that WooCommerce offers, and these emails can be grouped according to the products that they are being sent for.
There is also a premium version of the plugin that gives even more functionality than the standard version.
One advantage that this plugin has over others is that it includes a template for an additional email called Product Delivered so that customers can be notified when their product arrives.
When it comes to designing, there are three templates category that you can go with:
- Order based template
- Product-based template
- Category based template
To create a template that is order based, you will need to add a new template and then give it a name. There will be a drop-down menu where you can find the option to create a new order based template. When the template has been completed, you can click on the Update button, and this will save the changes that you have made.
If you want to create a different order email for every product that you sell, then this is something you can do with this plugin. You can choose the product as the Design Template Type and add that specific product to the template. When you have finished designing the template, then it can be saved.
If you have too many products in your store to create individual emails for, then you can create a template for product categories instead. This is done in the same way as above, but you will need to select the category as the template type instead of the product.
You can use this plugin for free or go with a premium version for $99.
10. WooMail – WooCommerce Email Customizer
There are more than ten predesigned email templates included in the WooMail plugin that can be used with WooCommerce.
The customization process is straightforward, and once completed, you can preview the email as customers will see it. You can even send a test email to make sure that everything is working.
One of the biggest advantages of using WooMail WooCommerce Email Customizer plugin is that it has a recommended products feature. This will include other products that may interest the customer in the email, which can increase sales.
There is a good chance that you are going to find what you are looking for with this plugin as the templates are designed specifically for WooCommerce. If you do want to make changes, then you can use these templates as a starting point, which can potentially save you a lot of time.
Notable features of this plugin include:
- Extensive options for customization
- Visualization of changes as they are made
- More than ten predesigned templates
- Testing emails before they are sent to customers
- Unlimited use of shortcode
- Recommended products feature
11. WooCommerce Email Customizer by Themehigh
WooCommerce Email Customizer by Themehigh is not a drag and drop builder, but it has functions that work similarly. It is a live builder so you can see the changes you are making to the emails in real-time.
There are more than fifteen creative elements in this plugin, and this will allow you to customize the templates as you like.
Every type of template can be changed using this plugin, which is one of the reasons it is so popular. The templates tab makes it easy for you to assign your customized emails to the email type that it will be used for.
Notable features of this plugin include:
- Customizations are shown in real-time
- Over fifteen different design elements
- Templates can be easily assigned
- Hooks from WooCommerce emails can be added
- Dynamic data is included along with placeholders
12. Email Candy Pro – Email customizer for WooCommerce
Are you interested in creating customized emails instead of using the default design of WooCommerce emails? Check out Email Candy Pro!
This superb WooCommerce email template customizer plugin empowers you to create professional-looking WooCommerce emails with a simple and intuitive interface.
Here you can get tons of options to set up amazing WooCommerce custom email templates that perfectly resonate with your brand style. Whether you want to apply the same customization settings to all email templates or personalize each template with your unique touch, both will be possible if you use this great plugin!
That’s not all; there is a live preview available where you can see all the changes in real-time.
What Email Candy Pro offers:
- Pre-built email templates for various types of emails (New Order Email, Cancelled Order Email, Reset Password Email, New Account Email and many more)
- Live preview option to see all the changes in real-time.
- Build your WooCommerce email template’s header, content, and footer individually.
- Showcase social icons on the footer.
- Multiple style choices available, including text, color, background, border, margin, padding, and many others.
- No coding knowledge required for customization.
MailPoet is a complete email marketing solution for WordPress and WooCommerce. In addition to their WooCommerce email customizer, you can also use the plugin to send your regular newsletters, last post notifications, and WooCommerce follow-up emails.
The plugin is free if you have less than 1,000 subscribers, or if you connect it to your own email sending service. Beyond that, plans start at €13/month.
MailPoet’s built-in WooCommerce email customizer allows you to quickly and easily add logos, columns, buttons, additional text areas, social icons, and images to your transactional emails using a drag-and-drop editor. You can also change the font and color styles used throughout your WooCommerce templates.
If you’re concerned about WooCommerce emails being delivered, MailPoet also offers its own transactional email sending service.
Notable features of this plugin include:
- Easy to use drag-and-drop editor
- Visualize the changes as you make them
- Enables you to add extra content areas and manage their layout
- Transactional email sending included
- Full suite of other email marketing features included, such as abandoned cart emails and automated purchase follow-up campaigns.
14. Email Customizer Plus for WooCommerce
The Email Customizer Plus for WooCommerce by Flycart allows you to customize WooCommerce transactional emails with a visual drag-and-drop editor. The Email customizer is a live customize builder that lets you look at and preview the emails in real time.
After installing this plugin, as a store owner, you’ll have many features like adding images, logos, a footer, social icons, images, and more. Encourage customers to buy more and enhance customer relationships and engagement by creating transactional emails.
Notable Features of the plugin include:
- Readymade email templates
- WPML support
- Export templates in a single click
- Test emails before going live
- MJML email framework
- List of dynamic shortcodes
- Built-in support for WooCommerce subscription and Booking emails
The plugin starts at $49 per year with 1 year of support, update, and access to PRO downloads.
Customizing Your WooCommerce Emails Conclusion
Customers will expect your business to be professional when they make a purchase, and they will expect to see this professionalism in any emails that they receive from you.
There is more to customizing emails than just including your logo somewhere in the header. You also need to make your text stand out, and the plugins that have been discussed above can really help you with this.
Making the right first impression is crucial in business, and you don’t want to let yourself down by sending generic emails.
If you have a well-crafted email, it will help you in strengthening the relationship with the customer. You do not want to leave the reputation of your business in the hands of generic and dull email.
And for even better customer service, consider adding tracking number to your emails. You can do this using WooCommerce shipment tracking plugin. Be noted that WordPress by default uses PHP mail() function to send emails. Because of that your WooCommerce emails might not end in the inbox of the receiver, so it is best that you set sending emails using SMTP.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.