Failure to optimize your store for search engines can negatively impact your sales and traffic. That is why it is important to use one of the WooCommerce SEO plugins.
Most WooCommerce site owners understand how important search engine optimization is, and that is essential to examine every aspect of your website.
Description, URL optimization, and everything else in between needs to be optimized. The ultimate goal is to make every possible potential customer aware of your website and the goods and services that you offer.
The thought of tackling WooCommerce SEO alone can be intimidating. Thankfully there are several WooCommerce SEO plugins that can simplify things and help you with the optimization process.
Table of Contents
WooCommerce SEO Plugins
Your store can be optimized more effectively with a good SEO tool. This article was written to help you find the SEO plugin that best meets your needs.
One of the newer SEO plugins is Rank Math. The veteran developers at MyThemeShop created this plugin which comes in a free and paid version and has continued to increase in popularity since its initial release.
Some of the features included in the Rank Math free version are:
- Meta descriptions and titles – Optimize titles and descriptions manually for content published. You can also use automatically applied templates.
- Social media descriptions – Optimize how your content and images will be displayed on social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Focus keyword analysis (for multiple keywords) – You can optimze content for one or more targeted keywords.
- XML sitemap – WordPress provides a sitemap by default, but you don’t have to use it. You can create your own unique, customizable XML sitemap.
- Structured data/schema – Configure schema for your entire website. Schema can also be added and managed for various content sections.
- Search console – Submit sitemaps automatically once you link Google Search Console and your site. You can also use your WordPress dashboard’s Search Console analytics to see relevant information.
- Knowledge graph and local SEO – You can optimize your site for local search results.
- Image SEO – To improve image SEO, image alt and title tags can be automatically added.
- Internal link suggestions – Rank Math will suggest content you published in the post to which you can link from the current post/page.
- Breadcrumbs – Add breadcrumbs to the site for improved navigation.
- Link counter – See how many internal and external links each post or page has.
- Redirects – Manage and add 301 and 302 redirects.
- 404 monitor – Keep tabs on any 404 errors when they show up on your site.
- Google Analytics – You can see Google Analytics statistics from your WordPress dashboard and easily add Google Analytics tracking code to the site.
- Basic WooCommerce SEO – Basic WooCommerce SEO optimization features like adding descriptions and titles for shop and products.
Premium version features:
- Keyword rank tracking – This unique feature allows you to see how your keywords perform and view the search engine rankings that your site has had over the last twelve consecutive months.
- Integration with Google Trends.
- Optimize local SEO for multiple locations.
- Create a Google News SEO sitemap.
- Create Google Video SEO sitemap.
- Automatically watermark social media images.
- You can use any of the more than 20 unique schema types.
- View Google AdSense earning history.
- Advanced WooCommerce SEO features
You can check the Rank Math pricing page to see a full comparison of features provided in the free and pro version.
Rank Math WooCommerce Features
Here are the Rank Math WooCommerce features that you get with this plugin and can help you in optimization of your store:
- Remove product base.
- Remove product category base.
- Remove parent slugs.
- Remove generator tag.
- Remove schema markup on shop archive.
- Add brand category.
- Add product brand, price, currency, and availability.
- Product gallery image in og:image tags.
- Sitemaps can include product gallery images.
- Exclude from sitemap hidden products.
- Noindex hidden products but only in the pro version of the plugin.
- New WooCommerce product-specific variables.
- Content analysis can include a product’s short description.
- The pro version lets you add a custom brand from the settings menu.
- You can assign MPN, GTIN, etc. This is available for variations, but only in the plugin’s pro version.
- Another pro version exclusive option is the ability to display Global Identifier from the frontend.
- Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) values can be added to product schema with the pro version.
- The pro version lets you add Offer entities for all variations, resulting in improved variation product schema.
Yoast SEO free version comes with features that are somewhat limited but come with all the basic options you will need, which is more than enough for most people.
You can expand on the basic features thanks to the pro version and addons. Alongside the Yoast SEO Premium version, Yoast has addons that can be purchased separately. Those addons are the Video SEO plugin, Local SEO, News SEO, and WooCommerce SEO.
Free version features:
- SEO titles and meta descriptions – Use automatically generated titles and meta descriptions or you can manually alter them.
- XML sitemap – You can create a customized XML sitemap.
- Focus keyword analysis – The free version lets you analyze content for a single keyword. The paid version allows you to optimize content for multiple keywords.
- Sitewide schema – Add or adjust schema markup across the entire site.
- Content schema type – Custom schema can be configured for certain content types, or you can assign a schema that will be used by default on all pages of your website.
- Search console – Verify site with Google Search Console.
- Social media descriptions – You can manage how your images and content will be shown on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media websites.
- Basic WooCommerce SEO – You have some basic WooCommerce SEO options like setting shop pages, product descriptions, and titles (there are more options with Yoast WooCommerce paid addon).
- Cornerstone content – You can make specific pages more important by designating them as “Cornerstone” content.
- Breadcrumbs – Add site breadcrumbs. Site visitors will know how far they are from a particular site’s main page or where they are on that site when breadcrumbs are utilized.
- Link counter – See how many internal links link to a particular post/page.
Premium version features:
- Redirect manager – Add and manage 301 and 302 redirects.
- Internal link suggestions – You will receive recommendations for previously published content that you can internally link in your currently editing content.
- Internal link blocks – Add blocks that will automatically include relevant links instead of manually adding links.
- More than one focus keyword – You can optimize content for multiple keywords.
- Related keyword phrases – A SEMrush account is required for this feature. Get related keyphrases based on data from SEMrush.
- Ad free – The dashboard won’t have any Yoast SEO advertisements.
- Support – Access to support.
- Elementor integration – Access to Yoast SEO tools in Elementor.
There are also different paid Yoast SEO addons that can improve search engine optimization. The addons are as follows:
- Local SEO – Adds structured data for local businesses/knowledge graph, enhances contact page, and adds support for multiple physical locations.
- Video SEO – Get your videos listed on Google Videos.
- News SEO – You can create an XML sitemap and ping Google whenever your site publishes a new post. This will improve the odds of your site content appearing in Google News.
- Advanced WooCommerce SEO – Additional WooCommerce optimization options such as using social media graph data, improved XML sitemap, etc.
Yoast SEO WooCommerce Features
Here are SEO features that Yoast SEO plugins provides for WooCommerce stores:
- Enrich products in search results – Use Yoast SEO’s structured data to get rich product results. It automatically outputs all the data you need to get rich snippets for your products, prices, and reviews.
- Provide extra detail to users and search engines – MPN/ISBN/GTIN data, color, brand, manufacturer, and other important product metadata can be shown in search results. These fields get automatically merged into your structured data, which can help search engines to understand the products and services you are offering.
- Preview how products will look in Google’s search results – To help visualize how products will be displayed in search results, you can see the rating, number of reviews, price, and availability in the Google Preview for products.
- Upgrade social media cards – Item stock and price can be displayed to show rich results on social media such as Pinterest.
- Product SEO analysis – A tailored analysis for product content optimization. You can create better product pages.
- Breadcrumb navigation – Enhance navigation beyond the standard WooCommerce defaults.
- Automatically optimize XML sitemap – WooCommerce automatically adds a lot of pages. You can optimize sitemap to hide irrelevant or duplicate content so Google won’t see those pages.
SEOPress plugin lets you optimize WordPress site for search results on search engines. SEOPress comes as a free version and a pro version. You’ll need to have the free version installed even if you are using SEOPress PRO.
Google Page speed checks, support for Google Analytics, 404 error monitoring and a backlink checker (requires Majestic account) are some of the features included with the paid version.
Some of the SEOPress free features:
- Meta and titles – Optimize your post and page titles, meta descriptions, and robots.
- XML and HTML sitemaps – For better search engine scans, add page and post XML/HTML sitemaps.
- Google Knowledge Graph – Any Google searches for your company will show rich results with organization logos, social media profiles and/or contact information.
- Open Graph – These tags allow for pushing a specific photo, title, or description to appear in search results.
- Google Analytics – Connect site with Google Analytics.
- Content analysis – Optimize content for search results.
- Social networks – Manage the appearance of content on social media using Open Graph, Twitter Card, etc.
SEOPress pro features:
- Google News XML sitemap – Sitemap for Google News.
- Video XML sitemap – Increase search engine optimization in Google video search result.
- Image XML sitemap – Sitemap for images.
- WooCommerce SEO – You can opt to disable client account checkout and cart pages indexing. You can also get rid of the WooCommerce tag that your header creates automatically and add currency information and Open Graph Price for products.
- Htaccess and robots – Edit robots.txt and htaccess files in the WordPress backend.
- 404 and 301 redirects – Create an unlimited number of redirects.
- 404 monitoring – Monitor and receive emails about 404 errors.
- Google PageSpeed – Monitor your site speed.
- Google Local Business – Display store address, working hours and other relevant data in Google search results.
- Google Structured Data – Improve search visibility by using Schema.org. This can help to make your site appear more prominently in search engine results.
- Backlinks – To use this feature, you’ll need a Majestic account. You can then use the WordPress dashboard to see the site backlinks.
- Broken link checker – Check posts and pages for hyperlink issues.
- Breadcrumbs- Add breadcrumbs for improved SEO and UX.
- Google suggestions – Get suggestions for keywords.
- Dublin core – Add Dublin meta tags. Government entities, directories, Bing, etc., use those tags.
- Advanced settings – This consists of settings such as verifying search engines, redirecting attachment pages, removing stop words, etc.
SEOPress WooCommerce Features
SEOPress has an entire section for WooCommerce optimization. You can choose to exclude fcustomer pages, customer cart checkout, etc. from indexing. Add pricing meta and currency and many other options.
Some of the WooCommerce features it offers are:
- Currency and price meta tags can be added to improve social sharing.
- Products can have XML sitemaps.
- WooCommerce image and product galleries have XML sitemap support.
- You can assign noindex to cart, checkout, and other associated site pages.
- The WooCommerce generator meta tag in the source tag can be removed.
- Utilize JSON-LD to create manual or “automatic” product schemas.
- WooCommerce support for breadcrumbs.
- Meta descriptions and titles can have global dynamic tags added to them.
- The Product Global identifiers type and field can be added to WooCommerce metabox for product barcodes or schema.
Be noted that WooCommerce integration is available only in the pro version.
All In One SEO
WooCommerce stores can benefit from using the AIOSEO plugin. It simplifies WooCommerce category, product page, and store page optimization.
You can begin with the free version which is known as All in One SEO lite. You can set up everything you need to meet the basic SEO requirements of search engines such as search appearance, sitemaps, social networks, and more using the free version.
You also get access to the site’s SEO score and analysis, and you can fine-tune SEO with the plugin’s powerful tools.
Medium to large-sized organizations and growing companies can take advantage of the features provided in the paid version. You’ll be able to access social media integration, local SEO, sitemaps, WooCommerce support and other advanced functions. For more info, you can also check All In One SEO vs Yoast SEO comparison.
Let’s see some of the features the plugin offers:
- Rich snippets schema
- On-page analysis
- Local SEO
- RSS feed
- SEO custom user roles
- Google News sitemap
- Video SEO sitemap
- Smart XML sitemap
- Social media integration
- WooCommerce SEO
- Robots.txt editor
- SEO audit checklist
All In One SEO WooCommerce Features
- Generate SEO-friendly titles – Create all of your store’s descriptions and titles for the category and product pages.
- Optimize products – Increase product rankings in search engines by optimizing tag archive, category, and product pages.
- Image optimization – All images that are uploaded to your store can be fully optimized.
- Advanced sitemaps – A video SEO sitemap, smart sitemap or Google News sitemap are some available options.
- TruSEO score – You can see each post and page’s optimization score. Scores go up to 100.
- Webmaster tools – Connect store with Google Analytics. You can also link Yandex, Bing, the Google Search Console, etc.
- Meta descriptions can be populated with optimized information for your product pages automatically.
Best WooCommerce SEO Plugins Conclusion
Most eCommerce stores get the majority of their business through search engine searches. If you want your business to appear at the top of search engine rankings, you need to optimize your website as much as possible. The WooCommerce SEO plugin that you select should depend on what you want to accomplish for your store.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.