Shipping is a common concern for most online stores that sell physical merchandise. Having a good shipping strategy can sometimes make all the difference between continued success or eventual failure. UPS is a very popular method of package delivery, and that is why many WooCommerce stores use the WooCoomerce UPS shipping plugin.
Clients are less likely to buy from merchants whose shipping charges are often deemed too expensive. Several studies have shown that high or unexpected shipping charges are one of the main reasons why customers abandon their shopping cart orders.
One of the best ways to resolve this issue is by offering free shipping in WooCommerce store or by working with some of the more popular delivery services to fulfill all of your shipping needs. WooCommerce site owners have several practical shipping solutions at their fingertips.
UPS, for example, is one of the most desirable shipping services around. Their services are reliable, economical, secure, and popular. As a result, many plugin authors are coming up with multiple UPS shipping solutions for the WooCommerce stores.
Best WooCommerce UPS Shipping
I’ll briefly summarize some of the best premium WooCommerce UPS shipping plugins in this article. Most of them can help you print orders, print shipping labels and establish shipping rates in real-time.
1. UPS Shipping Method – PAID $79
The UPS Shipping Method plugin gathers rate information from the UPS API. This information will then be visible to customers on your website so that they can examine your shipping costs in real-time before they complete their purchases with you.
Rates are determined for international and domestic deliveries. Shipments are measured in inches and pounds, but the plugin also automatically converts to other units of measurement. UPS Shipping Method can even assist in packing order boxes.
Here are some of the plugin’s most popular features:
- The ability to charge customers’ delivery confirmation. You have the option of adding a fee in addition to the listed delivery rates for customers who want confirmation delivery of their shipments.
- Customizable UPS services. You can customize the services returned by the UPS API. The plugin can be used to alter the arrangement of the services that are available to your customers.
- You can display the lowest rate. You get to decide if you want to show only the lowest rate or if you want to display all of the rates that you receive from the UPS API.
- You can display negotiated shipping rates. UPS offers account-specific contract shipping rates. These rates can be shown in the shipping section of your website at any time. You can find more information about this feature here.
- You can select different parcel packaging options. The plugin includes two parcel packaging choices. The first option is having each item packed separately. The total of all packages then determines the total shipping cost. The second choice allows you to use UPS settings to design your own packing box sizes. Product dimensions and weights are used for figuring out shipping costs.
- UPS on-call pickup option. The UPS on-call facility can be used for your deliveries. You can email or call the UPS office to arrange pickup from your office or home.
The UPS Shipping Method will give you shipping rate information from the UPS API. Your server will need to use SimpleXML for you to access this data. The plugin mainly determines shipping rates according to package weights in pounds (lbs) and size in inches (in). Other units of measurement can be automatically converted.
The shipping instance setting can be used to determine returned rates’ currency based on the particular origin country for different shipments.
UPS only offers two packing methods. Pack items individually is the default option. The other choice is to pack into boxes with weights and dimensions (which is the recommended option).
For the first option (packaging items individually), every non-virtual product in a customer’s online shopping cart is transmitted to the UPS API. The quotes for all products in an order are then combined to determine the total shipping cost.
Product weight is the only required information in this selection. However, adding product dimensions for each item usually creates a more accurate total shipping cost.
The pack into boxes with weights and dimensions option allows you to utilize the UPS settings menu to craft your own packaging box sizes. The plugin will then use the weight and dimension information for each physical product in a consumer’s shopping cart.
It will fill the customized packing box according to volume and size, going from smallest to largest items. The number of boxes and box sizes required for each order is then sent to the UPS API so that shipping costs can be estimated. In this method, both product dimensions and product weights are essential for determining the necessary boxes for each order.
Unfortunately, this plugin doesn’t generate order tracking codes or shipment labels. The plugin lets you connect your WooCommerce online store with UPS to determine each order’s shipping costs and collect the proper amount due upon checkout.
You can either acquire tracking codes and shipping labels from UPS itself, or you can purchase and install another WooCommerce shipment tracking plugin to take care of that.
2. WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label – FREE and PAID ($69)
This plugin allows you to automate shipment of products in your WooCommerce store. You can show shipping rates in real-time on your checkout or cart pages, pay print shipping labels from your WooCommerce store, pay for postage, activate order tracking, and automatically create shipping labels for each order. There are a free version and a paid version of the WooCommerce UPS Shipping plugin.
The plugin uses the WooCommerce UPS shipping calculator to determine postage rates from your UPS account according to the shipping destination, packaging box dimensions, product weight, etc.
You can decide whether the shipping rates you want to show on your website will be account-specific (negotiated) rates or UPS default list rates. You can also select to create a conversion value for orders placed using different currencies.
Once a client completes the order in your online store, the plugin will create professional UPS shipping labels for that order automatically. Each order can also be printed with a single click of the mouse.
All you need to do to create shipping labels is to enable the Automatic UPS Shipping Label Generation feature. Shipping information will then be transmitted to your online UPS account.
Shipping labels will be generated in the desired EPL, GIF, PNG, or ZPL format. Click on the “Print Label” button to print these labels. Your UPS account will be used to pay for the postage for orders.
You can also choose to alter the parcel/shipping box dimensions manually before you print your shipping labels. This can only be done after the automatic label generation function has been disabled.
You can select the default service that you want to use for printing your shipping labels. The plugin works with the UPS API to print international and domestic shipping labels. Each label also comes with a barcode for tracking product shipments.
You can even print shipping labels in different sizes according to your specifications. The plugin can be used to generate professional labels that include address validation (customer’s postal code, city, and state) for shipments in the United States.
The plugin eliminates the need for processing items individually in advance. You can use the plugin to create bulk shipments, which significantly lowers the number of steps required for order processing.
All the online store owner needs to do is to choose the respective orders and create a shipment for them in one step. Shipping labels can then be printed as needed. You can set the percentage or fixed order handling fees that will be shown on the shopping cart page.
Order notes will include a tracking number that was received from UPS when the shipping label was created. Order completion emails sent to clients will include this tracking information. This feature simplifies order tracking for consumers and online store owners.
You can set up the plugin so that it will automatically determine how the items for each order will be packed. UPS will then receive that data for any online orders that will be shipped.
You can decide if you want to have items packed individually, have items placed into boxes according to order dimensions and weights, or use the total weight of orders to determine shipping charges.
3. WooCommerce UPS Shipping – Live Rates and Access Points – FREE and PRO ($79)
This plugin puts a wide variety of popular UPS shipping choices at your fingertips. Customers can view each UPS shipment option and their associated pricing. The plugin integrates with the UPS API to determine shipping charges automatically.
Delivery to UPS Access Point can be offered, and your customers can opt to save selected access points to their WooCommerce orders.
Your clients can select package delivery dates and times that fit their schedules. You can activate Access Points Support to display the UPS Access Point option to your customers. The plugin will review the client’s account and suggest the access points that are the closest to their shipping address. Each access point is then saved to the customer’s order.
- Shipping costs are calculated automatically using live rates from UPS.
- You can set shipping rates according to shipping addresses and the total weight of all items in a customer’s shopping cart.
- You can activate rates that have been negotiated with UPS.
- The ability to use the closest UPS Access Point for deliveries.
- You can limit certain services depending on the customer’s delivery address.
- You can alter UPS shipping services manually.
- Shipping insurance can be offered as an option for your consumers.
- If you should encounter any issues with the UPS API, there’s always a failback cost that can be used.
- The plugin allows you to take payments in any currencies that are currently accepted by UPS.
- Full compatibility with all of WooCommerce’s shipping zones.
Pro edition features:
- Shipments for multiple products according to overall volume and weight are packaged automatically.
- You can use and search all currently active UPS Access Points.
- You can decide whether you want UPS shipping rates to operate using percentage handling discounts/fees or fixed rates.
- Set all UPS Access Points to have the same flat shipping rate.
- The site’s checkout page will show your customers the estimated delivery date for their orders.
- You can choose to display an advanced estimated delivery day fo your clients’ shipments. This information includes the maximum allowable time for the transit of each shipment, as well as lead times and cutoff.
- Different types of order pickup can be offered and selected.
- There are various types of destination address that can be chosen.
- Customized packing boxes complete with padding and box weight can be used.
- Items in the same order can be packaged separately.
The free version of the plugin can be downloaded from the WordPress plugin repository.
4. ELEX EasyPost Shipping & Label Printing Plugin for WooCommerce – PAID $69
This convenient plugin allows you to add UPS, USPS, and FedEx shipping rates to your site. Connecting with the EasyPost API lets you generate order tracking codes that can be sent to your clients in their order completion emails. The plugin can also be used to create shipping labels for each order.
EasyPost will charge you for every shipping label that you create. This is the only fee that they charge. There are no additional charges for tracking shipments via the EasyPost API, provided that you’ve already registered to print shipping labels.
Here are some of the best features that this plugin has to offer:
- Box packaging: There are two options for box packing. Items can be packaged individually, or you can use custom boxes according to product dimensions and weight.
- Customizable services: You can customize the services that you want to display according to your requirements. The plugin offers options to enable or disable services, edit their names, or even add additional costs.
- Generating shipping labels: Shipping labels can be created with one click of the mouse from the WooCommerce admin area. Postage will automatically be deducted from your EasyPost account. You can choose to change the packing box dimensions or the shipping service before you print your labels.
- Live shipping rates: You can show live rates for UPS, USPS, FedEx, and other carriers right on your site. Those rates will be determined by box dimension, shipping destination, product weight, and other factors.
- Order tracking: Every time a shipping label is printed, a tracking code is created. These tracking codes can be incorporated into emails sent to your clients regarding their order completion.
A single site license for this plugin costs $69. A five-site license can be purchased for $99, and a 25-site license can be acquired for $199. A plugin is a great option for anyone who simultaneously uses multiple carriers to ship orders regularly.
5. WooCommerce UPS Shipping Pro – PAID $69
Another effective and affordable way to display live UPS shipping rates on your WooCommerce website is by using the WooCommerce UPS Shipping PRO plugin. Configuration only takes a few minutes. All you need to do is to add the UPS API key to your online store and choose the rates that you want your customers to be able to see.
Shipping rates will then be displayed according to dimensions and weight. The plugin fully supports UPS Negotiated Rates and all other currently available UPS shipping rates. You can assign a fallback rate just in case the UPS API doesn’t bring back a rate, and you can also add other select fees to specific UPS services.
- All UPS Negotiated Rates are fully supported.
- SurePost and all other UPS parcel rates are also supported.
- Declared Package Values can be included as part of your shipping estimates.
- You can adjust the plugin’s settings to automatically detect the correct type of shipping based on the destination to provide more accurate shipping cost estimates. The destination can be set to either Commercial or Residential. This setting only works for shipping addresses in the United States.
- If the UPS API doesn’t bring back a rate, you can always set a fallback rate.
- You can incorporate additional fees into the UPS shipping rates. These added fees can be a percentage of the shipping rate, or they can be a flat rate.
- Shipping price quotes can be requested according to whether all items in an order are packaged together or if they are sent separately.
- There is optional support for obtaining rate quotes using only the shipment weight. When this feature is activated, you don’t need to enter any product dimension information.
- Dimensions and weights for any shipping zone are calculated automatically.
- Shipping orders in multiple packages are supported. You can go into the product level to decide if you want to define one or more packages in each shipment.
- Packages are automatically separated into multiple shipments so that you don’t have to worry about surpassing UPS shipment weight limits.
Easy UPS Integration With WooCommerce
Having good WooCommerce shipping plugin and WooCommerce weight based shipping plugin is important. UPS is used daily by thousands of companies to help them simplify their shipping processes. WooCommerce online store owners can easily connect to UPS shipping services to reduce order turnaround time and provide added convenience for their customers. You can use your WooCommerce store admin panel to manage all of your UPS options.
These plugins were created to help businesses spend less time and money on their shipping efforts. It makes shipping very straightforward. Their impressive features and functions mean less confusion and frustration trying to complete orders and hoping they arrive at their destinations within a designated time frame.
WooCommerce is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms today. Many WooCommerce store owners use the UPS plugin because it fulfills all of their shipping requirements.
They can process orders on time, comply with all shipping rules and regulations, and provide their customers with the peace of mind they need in knowing that their shipments are being handled properly.
DISCLOSURE: My posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.