If you’re interested in building a website, you have two basic options: you can hire a developer, or you can do it yourself.
Hiring a web developer may be easier and less time-consuming, but it can be pretty pricy. If you have a limited budget or you just don’t want to add another expense to your bottom line, taking the DIY approach is a much more tempting approach.
However, if you don’t have any previous experience, or you just don’t have a lot of time, the idea of creating your own site can seem a little daunting. Fortunately, there are tons of tools on the market that simplify the process of building a website, like WordPress.
As an open-source website creation platform that is available to everyone to use for free, WordPress has really simplified the process of building, designing, and launching websites.
Pretty much any type of website can be built on this platform, even if you don’t know anything about coding. It’s easy to understand, totally flexible, and incredibly user-friendly. In other words, WordPress is the simplest, most effective, and most powerful website builder there is, making it an excellent solution for websites of all shapes, sizes, and uses.
Of all WordPress’s different tools, drag and drop page builders are arguably the most appealing. It’s easy to see why because, as the name suggests, drag and drop page builders make it super easy to create and customize unique, visually appealing, user-friendly websites without any previous knowledge and without the need to hire a pricy professional.
Because drag and drop page builders are so amazing, there are literally countless options to choose from, and while having a lot of choices is a good thing, it can also be a downside. Why? Well, trying to weed through all of the different drag and drop page builder options can be quite overwhelming.
To help save you time, confusion, and aggravation, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the legwork for you. We have explored available drag and drop page builder options and have narrowed down what we feel are the best of the best.
Best WordPress Drag & Drop Builders
Finding a WordPress theme that will work for your brand is pretty easy to do. However, with that said, the options for customization can be pretty limited, and therefore, it can be hard to make big adjustments – unless you’re a developer.
With a drag and drop page builder plugin, you can create a customized layout – really, any layout you can imagine – for your website. With that said, to ensure success, here are some key factors that you should really consider when you’re trying to decide which WordPress drag and drop page builder will best suit your needs:
- Not all page builders are equipped with the same features. Some have loads of animation effects, while others offer tons of built-in layouts. You’ll want to consider which features will best accommodate your needs when you’re deciding which page builder to use.
- You need to make sure the page builder you select is compatible with the theme and plugins you’re using. If there are any compatibility issues, you should probably use a builder-compatible theme.
- Make sure you choose a drag and drop page builder that’s responsive so that your site will load correctly and be able to be viewed on all devices. This will save you from having to dedicate hours upon hours readjusting your designs.
- Choose a page builder equipped with built-in SEO layouts and measures that will optimize the pages on your site to help increase your search engine rankings.
Now that you know what factors to consider let’s look at our top picks for the best drag and drop page builders for WordPress.
Of all the different WordPress drag and drop page builders, SeedProd stands at the top of the list. That’s because it’s so easy to use, it offers an array of great features, it’s optimized, and you can pick from more than 100 responsive templates.
With so many benefits, it’s no wonder why there have been more than 1 million active installs of SeedProd. Building any WordPress landing page or theme will be a total breeze with this real-time visual editor.
With SeedProd, you can easily customize the layouts of your pages, the sections, and the blocks, creating a truly one-of-a-kind page. Your landing pages can be seamlessly integrated with your email marketing services, too.
You can add in your own scripts, headers, and footers, as well, making it a great option for developers, too. It integrates with All in One SEO, so you can optimize your pages before publishing.
Seriously, SeedProd offers so many benefits. It’s no wonder why it’s considered one of the best WordPress drag and drop page builders there is.
- Live mobile and desktop preview.
- Content blocks and sections equipped with pre-made templates, such as opt-in and log-in forms, giveaways, and opt-in forms.
- Easy to customize landing page templates that can be edited without coding.
- Built-in modes, including coming soon, maintenance, and 404.
- Undo, redo, save, and reuse templates and landing page blocks.
- Simple layout navigation, font combos, and color schemes with the custom CSS option.
- Access controls.
- Page subscriber tracking, with or without email marketing service.
- Top-rated integrations with the most popular email providers, Zapier and Google Analytics.
Divi by Elegant Themes is another excellent WordPress drag and drop page builder that makes creating eye-catching, easy-to-use, optimized, and customizable sites a breeze. You’ll have access to all of the premium products offered by Elegant Themes, a highly regarded WordPress theme and plugin company, too.
Divi will work with pretty much any WordPress site. It offers an endless array of ways that you can create genuinely advanced layouts without needing to know even one line of code.
It’s bundled with a total of 46 builder modules, 3 section types, and 20 row types that can be combined and arranged to make virtually any kind of website you can imagine.
Thanks to the advanced design settings, you’ll be able to customize every single element as you see fit. For more info, check Divi review.
- Numerous content modules to enjoy endless design options.
- A drag and drop interface is straightforward to use.
- Features dozens of professionally designed templates for all types of sites.
- Customization options galore.
- You can import and export layouts for future use.
- You can diversify your design with things like pricing tables, calls to action, and audio players.
Another one of the top WordPress drag and drop page builders, Beaver Builder was made with bloggers and marketers of all skill levels in mind.
The interface is very user-friendly and easy to navigate, and there are so many professionally designed templates to choose from, which will most certainly help to increase your conversions.
Check Beaver Builder free vs pro comparison for more info.
- More than 30 customizable landing page templates.
- Drag and drop editor can be used to design pages in real-time.
- Loads of content templates that can be used to build all of your pages, including an about page, contact page, a blog, and so much more.
- A lot of the modules can be dragged right onto your pages, like sliders, galleries, and testimonials.
- Use WordPress shortcodes and widgets to add contact forms to your site.
- The live demo lets you try out all of the features before you make a purchase.
Visual Composer is another great option to consider. This WordPress page builder plugin features a drag and drop functionality, and it’s a complete website builder.
Anyone can use it. Even those who have absolutely no background in website development will be able to build a stunning, interactive website. For more info, see Visual Composer free vs premium differences.
- Compatible with pretty much every WordPress theme, and the new block editor.
- Compatible with custom post types.
- With intuitive design options, you’ll have total control of the design of your site.
- Change the colors, backgrounds, and more without any coding.
- Features professionally designed templates and content elements.
- Features flexible rows and grid templates so you can position your content just how you want it.
- Works with WooCommerce so you can create an interactive, easy to use eCommerce store.
Elementor is a free, open-source WordPress drag and drop page builder which has attracted tons of users. It is the most popular and widely used site builder.
Thanks to the drag and drop interface, you’ll be able to arrange and rearrange every element on your site and pages in real-time, and you can make easy edits with ease. For more info, check Elementor free vs pro comparison.
- More than 300 elements.
- Build-in popup builder available for Elementor Pro.
- Hide or show elements in mobile view to ensure mobile-friendly design.
- More than 100 smartly designed landing page templates in an array of themes and styles.
- Built-in maintenance mode allows you to display things like under construction and coming soon pages.
- You can build your own theme.
- Editing history feature lets you easily check back and undo any changes if you find you made an error.
With more than 1 million active downloads, Site Origin is another popular WordPress drag and drop page builder. While it is true that it’s a bit trickier to use than other options on this list, Site Origin is still pretty awesome to use for building highly responsive WordPress pages.
If you know a bit about the technical side of building a website and pages, using Site Origin should be a cinch.
- Undo and redo option makes correcting errors fast and easy.
- Rearrange rows, adjust widgets, resize columns, and build your pages with ease, thanks to the drag and drop functionality.
- Features a variety of site origin widgets that allow you to incorporate functionality into your website.
- Works with WordPress widgets, so adding your preferred widgets to your site will be a breeze.
- Works with the latest WordPress block editor.
Made by Thrive Themes, Thrive Architect is the perfect choice for those whose websites are focused on conversions.
The drag and drop functionality allows you to see all of the changes you’ve made in real-time, so you’ll be able to create landing pages that will have high conversion rates in no time and with total ease.
For more info, you can check Thrive Architect vs Thrive Theme Builder comparison.
- Over 200 landing page templates in a variety of groups, so the look will be consistent throughout your website.
- Features customizable buttons, countdown timers, lead generation forms, and a whole lot more.
- Interactive and exciting design options, thanks to the animations, actions, and hover effects.
Last but definitely not least is Brizy. This drag and drop WordPress page builder is easy to use and walks you through the process of creating a customizable website without any background knowledge.
There are no distractions to worry about, so you can create a truly one-of-a-kind, attractive website.
- Features sliders, tabs, and other excellent tools.
- Develop pages with a few clicks of a mouse.
- The visual editor lets you see all of the changes you make in real-time.
- More than 400 pre-built designs to choose from.
- Add interest with animated sliders within blocks.
Gary Sweeney is the Managing Director at Blue Whale Media. As the founder of a web development company, he is very passionate about all-things-web and has a soft spot for WordPress web design.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.