When searching for a platform to start blogging, WordPress is an absolute leader. Now WordPress comes with the pre-built Gutenberg editor, which makes WordPress universe even a better place for every blogger!
Do you want to get the most of Gutenberg, creating a powerful and modern blog? Then you must consider the Gutenberry theme. This new WordPress template from Template Monster is blogger-oriented and packed with a full set of features necessary to blog like a pro.
In this review, I will dive into the features, advantages, and shortcomings of the Gutenberry theme for WordPress.
Gutenberry Theme Review – Gutenberg WordPress Theme
Gutenberry is a multipurpose WordPress theme designed for easy blogging. The clean and minimalist layouts of this theme are packed with modern features and UX-boosters. At the same time, the Gutenberry template is blogger-friendly thanks to Gutenberg editor compatibility.
Optimal for web agencies, corporate sites, personal blogs, online stores, etc., Gutenberry is a flagship theme with trendy design and sizzling potential. You get six pastel Homepages and all other pages you need to create a fully functional website.
What’s more, you get access to simple-to-use ZeGuten plugin, multiple layouts, and blocks, as well as three advanced post types.
Gutenberry Theme Features
Gutenberry is made to be simple to install. You don’t have to import files and go through any complicated setup manually.
Instead, a comprehensive Theme Installation Wizard will guide you through the process. Sample data will be installed along the way to ensure that your site looks like a Live Demo.
Gutenberry provides your blog readers with a highly satisfying website browsing experience on mobile devices with its 100% responsiveness. The theme has been additionally customized to meet all the needs of mobile-first users. All its functionality is guaranteed to be working correctly on small screens.
As a devoted blogger, you may spend a bulk of time searching for the right fonts for your blog on the web. With Gutenberry, you’ll find all the fonts you need right within your admin panel. The theme offers you 800+ pre-built Google Web Fonts.
Gutenberry theme is well-optimized from the SEO perspective. It’s designed to meet and fit the SEO guidelines by Google and other search engines. What’s more, Gutenberry allows you to work with metadata smartly, making your SEO efforts even more resultful.
Let’s explore the features and options of the Gutenberry theme in more detail.
6 Homepages Included
Gutenberry features six neat minimalist Homepages, ensuring that your website will look unique with the design you choose:
- Crystal Homepage organizes your content in three classy Gutenberg layouts. The Homepage offers you a lot of negative space and an attractive Subscription block to generate new leads.
- Mauve Homepage is an excellent match for women’s and lifestyle blogs. This design incorporates a stylish grid layout, which can be further customized to achieve a perfect look.
- The azure variation will be perfect for those who prefer boxed layouts and want their website to look compact and well-organized.
- Nude Homepage will ensure the stylish and elegant look of your blog with boxed chess layouts. All the page elements are built with Gutenberg, so they are easy to customize within this editor.
- Lavender Homepage lets you create an ambient, clean, and sophisticated blog on any topic. It incorporates a clean hero block and sleek chess and grid layouts.
- Aqua is a new blue Homepage for your blogging website. With it, you can display cool widgets within a sidebar and showcase more posts, categories, and other handy content.
6 Blog Layouts
Gutenberry is all about blogging in the new distraction-free way. This clean and well-thought theme offers you six powerful blog layouts to showcase your publications and other content in the best light.
All alternative Blog page layouts contain modern post grids and cards and attractive pagination. They also allow you to choose your preferred format for displaying metadata.
If you go for Gutenberry, you can choose one of the following layouts:
- Classic Listing or Classic Listing (No Sidebar);
- Small Classic Listing; Classic Listing (No Sidebar);
- Classic Listing Grid;
- Small Listing Grid.
Many Single Post Settings
Gutenberry provides simple WYSIWYG Gutenberg editing. With this theme, you get extra flexible layout options and even more opportunities within Gutenberg. So, you can boost your posts with imagery, SEO-friendly headlines, easy-to-setup multi-column layouts, etc.
With minimal Gutenberry theme, you can enhance your content according to your vision with additional options such as covers, nested blocks, color overlays, etc. Other must-have options included in Gutenberry include:
- Display posts from a chosen category;
- Control the number of posts to display;
- Choose which metadata you want to show;
- Reverse the display of columns.
Premade Widgets To Boost Blogging
Gutenberry theme is newbie-oriented. It allows you to create any content with pre-made posts and block designs quickly.
Moreover, Gutenberry offers you more than 10+ customizable widgets that let you attractively display the most popular types of additional website content.
Use these widgets to create the content for multiple kinds within minutes. Gutenberry includes the following premade widgets:
Blog On-the-go With ZeGuten Plugin
ZeGuten plugin (and the premade blocks it provides you with) is perhaps the most significant advantage of Gutenberry. If you have a regular Gutenberg-compatible theme, you still have to create all the blocks you want to use for your website by hand.
On the contrary, with Gutenberry, you get tons of customizable pre-made blocks, which make website creation and blogging way more straightforward and faster.
ZeGuten contains 11 content blocks for different types of content. These blocks let you create any kind of infographics, animated boxes, banners, complex layouts, nested blocks, etc.
Here is the list of ZeGuten blocks that you can add to any page of Gutenberry:
- Section – Make your content look more attractive with pre-styled sections. You get full control over the gaps, margins, and borders so that you can ensure that your content looks attractive. Customizing your sections within Gutenberg, you can add video, gradient, or Parallax backgrounds, as well as adjust the opacity.
- Post – As a blogger, you need powerful tools to create Blog posts. Pre-made post blocks within Gutenberry are the ultimate tools to create versatile and engaging Blog posts quickly.
- Pricing Table – ZeGuten plugin makes creating pricing and comparison tables simple (see best WordPress responsive table plugins). Choose the premade table template to make your blog even more attractive with pre-styled tables.
- Banner – Use this multifunctional block to add any engaging image to your website. You can use this block for promotion and advertising purposes.
- Circle Progress – Create attractive animated progress circles in few clicks within Gutenberg using quality presets.
- Animated Box – Do you feel like adding some motion to your website? Then, you can animate your content with eight animated effects. Professional premade CSS animation will make your blog more dynamic and engaging.
- Countdown Timer – Set an animated timer on your website to get more people informed about your upcoming event. You can also use this block to notify users about the time your sale or promotion ends.
- Map – Add a neat and good-looking Google map to your website. You can choose between map and satellite display. Moreover, you can add custom pins to your maps to mark any locations you want.
- Progress Bar – This neat tool lets you demonstrate any growth or improvement over time visually.
- Image Comparison – With ZeGuten, you get a chance to create dynamic interactive blocks that compare two photos or images. Image Comparison can be used for any “before/after” photos.
- Inline SVG – Stop worrying about losing the quality of the uploaded images. Add them to SVG with this convenient block. Moreover, you can use Inline SVG to set icons.
Using ZeGuten’s Posts block, you can also create three types of dynamic Blog layouts, such as Classic Listing, Uneven Listing, and Grid.
These attractive, clean, and modern layouts are animated with cool tricks and make your blog even more engaging and sleek. If you need more Gutenberg block options, then check plugins like Getwid Gutenberg Blocks (check Getwid review) and Advanced Gutenberg (see Advanced Gutenberg review).
Turn it Into an E-store With Ecwid
Do you want to sell some stuff or digital products with your blog? This is also possible with Gutenberry. This all-in-one blogging theme is compatible with Ecwid, a simple eCommerce extension for running and maintaining a small to the medium e-store.
With Ecwid, you can create an e-store and add your products to the pages in an attractive way. You can also easily add different payment and shipping methods.
In case you want to translate your blog to other languages, Gutenberry is compatible with the popular WPML translation plugin (check WPML review). Using this plugin, you’ll be able to translate every string of the text on your website. The plugin is comprehensive, well-documented, and easy-to-use.
Documentation and Support
Gutenberry offers you easy-to-follow documentation and a rich collection of how-to video tutorials. These materials will help you learn to work with any of the theme’s features.
In case you have any questions working with the Gutenberry theme, you get Technical Support. Qualified support operators are ready to provide you with instructions and their advice via Live Chat, phone, and email support.
Gutenberry enjoys regular updates that further improve its functionality. New Homepages are coming within several months.
Gutenberry Theme Price
Gutenberry is available under two pricing options:
- One Time Usage License ($75) allows you to use the theme to create one website for yourself or your client.
- Developer’s License ($144) grants you a non-exclusive permission to use this template on up to 5 domains.
If you want to buy the theme cheaper, watch out for seasonal discounts on TemplateMonster marketplace.
Gutenberry vs. Gutentype Theme
Gutenberry and Gutentype are both WordPress themes that offer deep integration with Gutenberg. When you compare one product to another, it often becomes clearer which product is your best match.
I will compare two Gutenberg-ready themes: Gunetberry from TemplateMonster Marketplace and Gutentype from ThemeForest.
- Built with and 100% compatible with Gutenberg;
- One-click Installation;
- Google Web Fonts;
- Optimized for SEO;
- Responsive and Retina-ready;
- Compatible with all modern browsers.
|Skins||6 Homepage Variations||7 Demos|
|Blog Layouts||6 (3 dynamic)||Several|
|Premade Content Blocks||11 (with ZeGuten)||20+ (With CoBlocks)|
|Other Custom Elements||10+ Widgets||Extra Shortcodes|
|E-commerce Support||Yes, with Ecwid||Yes, with WooCommerce|
|Support||24/7 (Chat, Phone, Tickets)||Mo – Fr, 10.0 – 19.0 CET (Chat and Tickets)|
Both themes are well-crafted for creating WordPress websites with Gutenberg. Gutenberry by ZEMEZ is more blogging-oriented, with a more significant number of blogging-specific functions, settings, and tools.
Gutentype is more multipurpose, with 20+ different full-site demos and extra tools to customize your chosen design.
Gutenberry Review Conclusion
Gutenberry is a feature-rich WordPress theme, which is a great option to create any kind of blog. Thanks to its integration with Gutenberg and ZeGuten plugin, Gutenberry delivers you a rich collection of easy-to-customize premade blocks and elements.
Moreover, this theme offers you modern layouts for blogging and 6 Homepages. Gutenberry also contains advanced settings to make the display of your blog posts even more impressive.
Gutenberry comes with effective support options. You can get support via chat, email, and phone round-the-clock. Gutenberry is also adequately documented to ensure the newbie’s smooth entry into the world of blogging.
If you are interested in other themes from Template Monster, then check Monstroid (see Monstroid review), WooStroid2 theme (check Woostroid2 review), Imperion theme (see Imperion theme review), Chantal, Monstroid2 theme (what is the difference between Monstroid vs Monstroid2), Ascendio business theme (see Ascendio theme review), Bitunit cryptocurrency theme (check Bitunit theme review), BeClinic medical theme (see BeClinic theme review), Wapuula corporate theme (check Wapuula theme review), Emilia Warren Real Estate theme, etc. Or get them as part of ONE subscription service from TemplateMonster (check ONE by Template Monster review).
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.