User Behaviour Analytics is of utmost importance for any website. It can also be used as a powerful marketing tool to increase the usability of your website and make it more successful. In this article, we will tell you how to use track user behavior and use that analysis to improve your eCommerce business.
What Is User Behavior Analytics?
User Behaviour Analysis is primarily important to optimize business websites. It involves various elements like website analysis, user experience, checkout flow, etc. User behavior analysis is the study of a website user’s experience on the website. It helps us improve the business website by reducing errors causing low conversion rates.
Therefore, we must look at user behavior analytics as a crucial activity for conversion rate optimization. In this article, let us look at tasks included in UBA (User Behavior Analytics) and how to perform them with ease.
Why Is It Important?
The primary reason for user behavior analytics is to increase business website profitability. User behavior analysis is crucial to gain an understanding about how users behave with the site.
If any issues stop them from completing the buying process, you need to take corrective actions. Identification of such problems becomes very easy with user behavior analysis.
How To Track User Behaviour For Business Growth?
There are many different options available to study the visitors’ behavior on your site. The most popular and powerful method is visitors’ session recording. It lets you see how exactly your visitors navigate through your site.
You can monitor every interaction with your website contents, every single movement, and activity like click, tap, or scroll depth tracking. You can check the downloads also. This helps you get to know how your prospective customers feel about you.
Here is how UBA can be beneficial for you to improve your business:
- Feel the pulse of the potential customers – User behavior analysis helps you to understand your customers better. You get a clear idea about their liking and disliking. If you can design your website based on that, your sales are bound to increase.
- Identify the key performing pages – Identifying the most performing pages helps you to understand what type of content your visitors prefer the most. If you can add similar content to the other pages, your traffic will increase, and the bounce rate will go down.
- Discover why people are not converting – Session recording lets you find out why people are leaving your website? What problems they are facing, and what are the elements they dislike on your site. If you fix the issue, you can reduce shopping cart abandonment.
- Recover abandoned carts – If you can find out at what level of the conversion funnel your visitors left, you can run successful remarketing campaigns using the images of the abandoned items. It may help you recover abandoned carts.
- Increase conversion rates – All the corrective measures you take after a detailed user analysis finally lead to an increase in the conversion rate. UBA is a powerful tool for conversion rate optimization.
Apart from the points mentioned above, user behavior can also help you in many passive ways. For example, if you can redesign your website as per the taste of your viewers and they feel satisfied, it may increase word of mouth publicity, and that may increase your traffic as well as sales.
Another significant passive benefit is if your users find the contents of your website engaging, they will spend more time on your site. It will reduce your bounce rate. Traffic and conversion both have their influence on SEO position. So, a thorough analysis of user behavior may get you a good SEO rank as well.
What Are The Key Elements Of User Analysis?
Once you install software on your device, session recording is a matter of just a few clicks. But user behavior analysis is not just about session replay. What elements you are studying defines your success. If you can select the elements which are more crucial for the upliftment of your business, your sales will start increasing in a few days.
Here are some important elements that every business should study:
- User Experience – User experience is one of the most vital elements that shape the future of your website. Session recording gives you a clear picture of the users’ feelings about your site. You get to know easily whether they are happy. If they are not, you need to find out what is missing and what they look for on your site.
- Clicks – Clicks give you an idea about what contents are more engaging and what elements are more appealing. Based on that, if you can increase the number of similar elements, you will get more revisits and new traffic.
- Checkout Flow – Many times, you realize that people are visiting your site but not converting. One reason may be the check out process is not working properly. They are getting stuck somewhere in between the process and leaving your site without completing the process of the transaction. Analyzing the checkout flow, you can fix this problem.
- Conversion – Conversion is the ultimate goal of any website. Sessions recording tells exactly at which stage of the conversion process a visitor withdrew. This helps you understand what the issue is. Once you can identify the problem, you can take corrective measures instantly.
How Can You Use HumCommerce For User Tracking And Behavioural Analysis?
HumCommerce is a powerful WordPress plugin for visitor behavior analysis and conversion rate optimization. It offers you many advanced tools to study users’ behavior on your sites like conversion funnel analysis, heatmaps, and session recordings.
The specialty of the plugin is it allows you to play the session recordings at different speeds as per your convenience. It helps you to monitor individual sessions in detail. Based on that, you can find out why people are not converting and take corrective actions.
HumCommerce allows you to track user behavior in just three easy to follow steps. The first step is to install the plugin on your local device.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the free plugin from the official website, humcommerce.com
- Head on to your WordPress dashboard
- Go to Appearance -> Plugins -> Add New
- A new tab will appear
- Click on the “Upload” button to install the plugin zip
- After the installation process is over, click on the “Activate” button to activate the plugin
The next and most important step is studying session recording. After 24 – 48 hours of completing the installation process, the data will be ready to access. You will receive a notification email from the HumCommerce team stating the data is now ready for view.
To start the process, follow the steps below:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on the HumCommerce icon on the right sidebar
- You will find the last 7 days data stored on your database for view
- You can view 20 individual sessions at a time
- You will be able to monitor every single mouse movements of individual sessions like clicks, taps, scrolls even the pauses
- You can select which pages you want to see and skip some pages
- You can also check what are the files getting downloaded
The final step is to take corrective actions. Once you know what problem your website is facing, it is not at all difficult to fix the issue. HumCommerce tells you exactly what distracts the viewers and what stops them from converting. As per the report of the plugin, if you can reshape your website, your conversion rate will definitely increase.
Track User Behavior Conclusion
In this article, we have tried to shed some light on UBA or user behavior analysis and how you can use it to improve your business. We have told you about what elements you should study minutely to increase your conversion rate.
At the end of the article, we have suggested a free WordPress plugin for user tracking and illustrated steps to use it in detail. The plugin is well documented. If you are struggling to increase your conversion rate, install the plugin, and start user analysis. Within a few days, you will see the graph of your sales moving up.
Pritesh Baswante is a new age digital marketer having experience working with multiple eCommerce stores. He is passionate about Technical SEO and Content creations. His favorite pastime activity is playing chess.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.