- Supports more than 25 languages
- Jasper Academy to learn how to get most from Jasper AI
- Over fifty different content templates
- Friendly user interface
- Boss Mode is valuable feature
- Create long form and short content relatively fast
- Integrations with various other tools
- There is a learning curve
- No free plan available
- Jasper can't create content that doesn't need at least some editing work
- It is not for every pocket from pricing standpoint
- There can be repeated information
- You'll need to fact check the content
Jasper AI uses machine learning and artificial intelligence for its copywriting processes. It can quickly generate appealing and compelling copy for marketing emails, advertisements, social media posts, website landing pages, blog posts, etc. You can create up to five times as much output in less time.
In this Jasper AI review, I’ll talk about all features that Jasper has to offer and how the tool works. I will mention its pros and cons and conclude if this tool is worth your time and money.
Jasper offers a money-back guarantee within five days of use and under 20,000 words generated through the service. Additionally, they offer an exclusive 10K word free trial.
Table of Contents
Jasper AI Review
Various content types can be created with the Jasper AI GPT-3 software. Books, YouTube video scripts, school papers, blog posts concentrated on search engine optimization, and other content forms.
Jasper AI isn’t the cheapest AI writer on the market. However, its superior output capabilities, simple user interface, and impressive amount of features can more than justify the cost. You won’t need to hire outside assistance, because you’ll be able to create all the copywriting needs.
User input is what Jasper AI bases its content generation on. It doesn’t randomly pick content from the web, so you will not get any plagiarized material. But to be sure, you can always use plagiarism checker tools.
If you want optimal content from Jasper, there will be a bit of a learning curve. The facts created aren’t always accurate, so you’ll still need to edit and fact-check the information generated.
How Did Jarvis AI Become Jasper AI?
Legal reasons were behind the company’s rebranding decision. The initial name Jarvis AI caught the attention of Marvel (Disney) lawyers. A cease and desist was issued because of the words “Jarvis” in combination with “AI assistant.”
Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) relied on his AI assistant JARVIS assistant in several of the Marvel movies, so Disney didn’t want that tool, potentially, in any way misleads users. The development team found it easier to just rebrand from Jarvis.ai to Jasper.ai instead of getting involved in a potentially damaging, drawn out legal battle.
Is Jasper AI Worth It?
Here are some of the useful and notable features that the tool provides.
You can have as many project folders and workplace documents as you want. There won’t be any content restrictions to worry about as you work on creating and organizing content between all your clients or websites.
Depending on your plan, every month you have certain amount of words for use with Jasper. Those words are spent whenever you press the “compose” button.
You can purchase more words if you exceed the monthly word limit.
This refers to the amount of text Jasper AI can consider when formulating new text. While Jasper AI will reference the GPT -3 data for generating new content, it still takes into consideration the existing content of your document, and it can reference up to 3000 prior characters of text.
This helps to ensure Jasper AI isn’t repeating points and the generated result flows well with the previous context.
Customizable Voice Tone
The fact that Jasper AI can mimic and understand an existing tone of voice is one of its unique functions. The content that’s created will then match the tone that you want to achieve. It can recognize adjectives and people (even fictional characters sometimes).
25+ Supported Languages
While Jasper is trained more thoroughly in English, they integrate with DeepL to offer Jasper in over 25 languages. Language options are currently free while in Beta.
English is the only language that I’ve used to test Jasper AI. You can reach additional markets in other nations thanks to the ability to create content in over 25 international languages but I don’t know the quality of DeepL translation as I never used it.
Content can be translated into, written, and read in more than two dozen languages. Those are Chinese, Swedish, Slovenian, Slovak, Russian, Romanian, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, Latvian, Lithuanian, Japanese, Italian, Hungarian, French, Finnish, Estonian, Spanish, English, Greek, Danish, Czech, Bulgarian, and German are currently supported.
Surfer SEO Integration
You can optimize content for a maximum of three different keywords, and SEO can be further improved by connecting with Surfer SEO.
Surfer SEO has been used by people who want to create compelling website content or blog articles that are featured more prominently in search engine results. Natural language processing, running correlations, and examining content created by competitors are what Surfer SEO takes into account when making its content suggestions.
While you can create content with Jasper AI and paste the resulting text into any SEO recommendation tool, Jasper AI’s long form assistant integrates directly with Surfer SEO. With the assistance of artificial intelligence, you can create web content and articles that are fully optimized for many popular search engines.
Surfer SEO doesn’t come with your Jasper AI subscription. It’s an optional paid add-on. The core Surfer SEO plan can be acquired for $59 per month. It may be worth the extra expense if you’re interested in creating quality SEO content.
Grammarly is a tool that can help writers generate content that has a logical flow and maintain grammatical consistency.
Jasper comes with included Grammarly premium at no charge, usually priced at $12 monthly. Non-native English speakers and others who seek to improve their writing abilities will find this to be a phenomenal feature.
A handy plagiarism checker is a relatively recent addition to Jasper AI’s long form assistant. Even though the GPT -3 database and machine learning algorithm usually creates unique content, it’s still possible that some of its results could accidentally contain information that’s exact or very close to content that appears in other sites.
While WriterZen, Grammarly, and many other plagiarism checkers can be utilized to review your content, industry leader Copyscape works with Jasper AI to ensure that the information created doesn’t appear anywhere else. The software lets you scan for plagiarism without having to enlist the aid of any other outside services.
Unfortunately, this service isn’t free. Everyone (including Jasper AI subscribers) will need to pay before they can use Copyscape. Credits in $10, $20, or $100 intervals must be loaded. For the first 200 words, credits are used at $0.03. After that, credits are then used at $0.01 for every 100 additional words that will be evaluated.
Jasper AI Bootcamp
Jasper’s development team created the educational lessons and videos included in Jasper AI Bootcamp. This will cover all the basics you need to know to get up and running with Jasper AI.
How Does Jasper AI Work?
The first thing to realize about Jasper AI and other similar copywriting resources is that they aren’t completely automatic. They won’t just begin with a blank document and craft an original blog post, ad copy or website landing page after a mouse click or two.
Such tools do a good job when creating new content in very little time. However, not all of the content that it creates will necessarily be accurate or of the highest quality. Manual intervention is still required. You’ll have to use your own research on the subject to fact check the content created.
Jasper AI often uses content that dates back several years as source material. Some of this information can be outdated or no longer relevant. Current topics such as NFTs, the Coronavirus, and other recent topics can be completely missed.
Jasper AI is powered by machine logic and artificial intelligence to produce human-like text for marketing emails, social media posts, advertisements, blog posts, and other content types.
Jasper AI utilizes an autoregressive language model known as GPT -3 technology in the background.
Jasper Templates (Skills)
Jasper AI has an impressive amount of templates that can be used. They are trained to perform very specific use cases.
Jasper can probably create any type of content that meets your needs. Professional conversion experts and copywriters trained Jasper AI. It copies proven models and adheres to the rules that were assigned.
There are more than 50 different templates (also referred to as skills) to pick from. Boss mode’s long form assistant allows you to create content for blog posts, Quora answers, personalized cold emails, Instagram captions, Facebook ads, etc.
Here are some of the templates available:
- AIDA Framework – This framework is based on Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action. It can be used to develop social media posts and other content to increase interest and engagement.
- PAS framework – The Problem-Agitate-Solution framework identifies common problems people may encounter and offer recommendations to resolve those issues, which can also help improve website conversion rates.
- Content improver – Existing content pieces are examined and rewritten. The results are intended to generate more interest and interaction with the particular subject.
- Product description – Create compelling product descriptions for social media pages, emails, and various sites to give users details about a specific product.
- Blog post intro paragraph – You can eliminate writer’s block by allowing Jasper AI to create introductory paragraphs for your blog posts.
- Creative story – Add storytelling to your content creation workflow.
- Sentence expander – Create longer sentences from short sentences. This can be utilized to develop more engaging content relevant to your piece’s topics.
- Persuasive bullet points – Generate persuasive bullet points for email messages, landing pages, and other purposes.
- Video script hook and introduction – Create a video intro that will capture viewers’ attention and compel them to watch till the end.
- Video description (YouTube) – Generate descriptions that can help your YouTube videos to rank higher in search engines.
- Feature benefits – Benefits influencing buying decisions can be created from product features.
- Unique value propositions – You can clearly explain how buying or using the items that you have to sell can be to a consumer’s advantage.
- Text summarizer – Get the key point from a piece of text.
- Blog post topic ideas – Brainstorm possible topics for your blog posts. These ideas could improve Google search result rankings and keep your readers engaged.
- Blog post outline – Create article outlines and lists. They can be especially effective for “how to” posts and lists.
- Blog post conclusion paragraph – You can summarize what you have to say in your blog with an appealing conclusion paragraph.
After choosing the Jasper AI template you want to use, the next step is to fill in the template data about the product or brand.
Jasper’s output quality will depend on the quality of the information you enter. The output will be as vague or as specific as the information that is provided.
You can control these attributes when generating content:
- How many copies will be created? Up to ten copies can be generated at once.
- The proper tone of voice for a particular copy. The tone of voice can be engaging, witty, conversational, friendly, inspiring, etc.
The first step was choosing a template. The second step was adding product information. Now it’s time to generate AI content!
Choose the “Generate AI Content” option. Jasper AI should only take a few seconds to do its job, and you will receive content for your topic.
Your History tab will have all content that the artificial intelligence created. You won’t have to worry about losing any content that Jasper generated.
Bullet points can be added to a template content improver. This content can be placed in email messages for greater emphasis.
Jasper has many very effective templates. They can be helpful for short form social media content, newsletters, autoresponders, and scripts for videos.
AI outputs are where any output that’s created using these templates will be stored. Those creations can be deleted, flagged (which will improve Jasper AI’s learning), or favorited.
You’ll also have access to a very capable search engine to search through the AI output so that the content can be reused between copies.
Jasper Recipes are pre-built workflows and they contain several commands. These recipes help to speed up content creation when those commands are run in their proper order. Boss mode must be activated before you can use Jasper Recipes.
This function provides many different types of templates. They can be used to create video scripts, Google and Facebook ads, cold emails, press releases, product reviews, blog posts, and other content forms.
Whatever you input, it will always impact your outputs. If you want Jarvis to get creative and make a lot of stuff up, try inputting a few words or a short sentence.
If you want Jarvis to really follow directions and include key facts then you’ll want to add a lot more detail into the input boxes.
Jasper recipes are logical series of steps via commands that artificial intelligence will follow in creating content quickly. They can definitely make life easier for users who have Boss mode.
You have more power over how Jasper works on the Boss Mode. You can use plain language to tell Jasper what to do using Commands. This allows you to take greater control over how Jasper performs and results in faster content production.
–Write blog post titles about best air purifiers
–Write outline for a blog titled “10 best robotic vacuums for hardfloor”
There are certain commands that Jasper will execute better than others, and he isn’t trained to follow a single set of instructions. He truly comprehends the goal of your command and works to fulfill it.
How to run a command:
- In plain language, write the command you want Jasper to follow.
- Press CMD + Enter on Mac or CTRL + Enter on PC.
- Jasper will highlight the command, and execute it.
An even faster way to interact with Jasper is by using voice commands to literally speak what you want Jasper to do. Yes, you can do that using your microphone.
Jasper Boss Mode
The Jasper.ai team lets you implement Jasper Commands in Jasper Boss Mode. When Boss Mode is activated, it unlocks the long-form assistant document editor allowing you to write various content.
You’ll be able to write information up to five times faster than the Starter plan would allow. Content writers, marketers, and bloggers can benefit from the additional features provided in Boss mode.
Here are the extra features that are included with Boss Mode:
- Write content faster – The Jasper document editor will be available once the long form assistant template is unlocked. You can easily write full books, marketing emails, blog posts, and other long-form content.
- Compose button – In the Jasper Long-Form Assistant, each time you “compose” some AI-generated text, you have to write some words yourself before the compose button will be enabled again. In Jasper Boss Mode, the “Compose” button is completely unlocked.
- Increased visibility – The starter plan can only read the last 600 characters but with Boss mode, Jasper reads the last 2,000 to 3,000 characters.
- Write Jasper commands – You can write Jasper commands at any time. These instructions will tell Jasper what you want to be created. Jasper will then go to work after the command is run.
- Built-in Grammarly editor – Grammarly’s free version is integrated into Jasper editor. You won’t have to worry about producing content that contains grammatical mistakes.
- Plagiarism checker – Run Copyscape in Jasper editor. It’s rather affordable and credits will be required for use. It’s an added safety feature even though the vast majority of content produced by Jasper AI is entirely original.
How Does Jasper Boss Mode Work?
When the long form assistant and Boss mode are activated you can give Jasper AI text-based commands instructing him precisely what you want him to do with modifiers such as asking for paragraphs, lists, tone of voice, etc. You can be as specific as possible.
You can use the rephrase function whenever you’d like. Just select the rephrase option and highlight the paragraph or sentence that you want to be modified. Jasper AI will check that passage and attempt to rewrite it using words and language that are somewhat similar.
Rephrase, and the content improver template are different features. The content improver template allows Jasper AI to enhance particular content sections.
The “explain it to a 5th grader” feature is located next to the rephrase button. This function simplifies complex phrases or pieces to the level most fifth graders can easily comprehend. It makes content less confusing or complicated and often creates shorter sentences.
Steps to use long form content:
- Start by opening the long form editor.
- Now it’s time to write a Jasper command. For instance, you could write a sentence that says, “Write a paragraph that describes digital marketing and what it’s used for.”
- Jasper will then write content for you based on your command.
Jasper’s Boss mode commands cheat sheet can give you some examples of commands.
Where templates are more constrained, documents allow open-ended content creation in a familiar Google Doc-like experience. Documents are available on the Boss Mode Plan.
The long form editor in Documents has more tool integrations than just the standard copywriting templates and is a more open-ended tool. It’s best suited for creating brand new content from scratch for landing pages or blog posts.
Sales pages, video scripts, blog forms, and other forms of long form content can be created using the documents long form assistant.
The team member function will even let you share what you’ve written with other team members if you want advice or feedback. A handy feature that simplifies group collaborations.
The long-form assistant works in several steps:
1. Provide important details regarding the subject. Provide as much information as necessary so that Jasper AI can create content that will keep your readers interested.
2. Now it’s time to choose a headline that matches the topic. Catchy titles are sure to leave your target audiences wanting more!
3. You can let Jasper create an introduction or you can start writing content.
It’s essential to provide Jasper AI with the initial input. Otherwise, it won’t know where to begin or the tone and message you want to express.
Artificial intelligence tools like Jasper work on patterns. AI will create content according to the input that it was given. As you compose blog posts, you can allow Jasper to write content and even complete your own thoughts for you automatically.
Jasper will automatically correct any typographical errors that it finds. You can activate the “Fix Grammar” function to ensure complete grammatical accuracy in your work.
There are two more choices: simplify (passages are reworked so the average fifth grader can easily understand them) and rewrite. Your cursor position will determine what content will be read and created.
To receive content that relates to the information that you’re currently viewing, Jasper will read 2000 to 3000 text characters that are above your current cursor position. You can even have content created in more than 25 different international languages.
There are 2 editor modes.
Focus mode is the default mode which allows you to focus on the document you are working on.
Power mode gives you access to all of the templates in a drawer right inside of your document. To open, click the Power mode icon in the center of the top bar of a document.
If you have Surfer SEO integration, there will be one additional – SEO mode. This integration will also allow you to optimize your writing for specific keywords you want to include.
Putting Jasper To The Test
I decided to put Jasper to the test. After doing tests with various templates, commands and watching whole Bootcamp I have grasp of how Jasper works and how to get good content out of it.
For first test, I decided to use Jasper to write sort of short review about popular Elden Ring game. I used Documents > Blog post workflow option. You can see final output on this link.
I spent less than 5 minutes generating the output. The content is not entirely plagiarism free. Checking with Grammarly plagiarism checker showed about 20% plagiarism.
The generated content looks professional and nicely written. There are some wrong facts like release date, but other than that, it looks good.
For this test I decided to use Documents > Start from scratch option. I decided to use “climate change” as topic. I just let Jasper do all the work. I only added few sentences (those in bold and first paragraph). Click here to see generated output.
You can see that content again is very good. I didn’t fact checked the “climate change statistics” part, but generated content is definitely usable, readable and has correct flow. In this case, Grammarly also showed plagiarism in around 20%.
For this test, I am going to use Content Improver template. This template is used to improve existing content. You can paste up to 800 characters and choose how many outputs you want to get. You can generate as many times as you want until you are satisfied with generated content.
I was overall not very please with Content Improver and the generated output. You can see example of generated content by visiting this link.
NOTE: If you need tool capable of detecting Jasper AI content, then check Originality. This can be useful to check if your content writers are using AI.
Jasper AI Pricing
Starter and Boss Mode are the two Jasper pricing plans currently available. Annual and monthly pricing options exist for both plans.
Access to all of Jasper AI’s short form copywriting templates and 20,000 words monthly is provided with the Starter plan, which starts at $29 per month. You can also upgrade to the Boss plan, priced at $59 monthly and up.
All of the features from the Starter plan are included in the Boss plan, along with these additional features:
- Content can be created up to five times faster than usual.
- The compose button will be unlocked.
- Jasper commands are available. You have complete control over the content that Jasper will create. Jasper will quickly produce unique pieces after receiving the commands.
- Jasper’s visibility increases. Jasper can only read up to 600 characters with the Starter plan. It can read 2,000 to 3,000 characters with the Boss plan.
If your account goes over your monthly budget for word credits you will be charged for overages at $10 per 5,000 words or moved to a higher plan (you can select your preferred method in your settings).
You’ll receive an extra two months of Jasper.ai for free if you purchase an annual plan. There are no lifetime plans or free plans currently. You won’t be able to test Jasper’s features and functionality before buying a plan.
Even though you will be charged after providing credit card information, the Jasper team realizes that it may take a while for some users to discover its full potential. That’s why they offer a money-back guarantee.
Jasper offers a money-back guarantee within five days of use and under 20,000 words generated through the service. Additionally, they offer an exclusive 10K word free trial account.
Don’t Blindly Trust Jasper Accuracy & Generated Text
One drawback of Jasper AI is that it will generate situations, names and numbers that can be inaccurate or irrelevant.
That’s why you’ll need to review Jasper AI’s content to confirm that everything is indeed accurate and true. You need to read through articles so it may take more time to evaluate the content on topics you have less knowledge or experience with.
Technical specs for certain items can be given as one way to avoid numerical errors.
Jasper Pros & Cons
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Jasper.
- There are over fifty different content templates to choose from.
- The community is very active and can provide valuable advice and assistance.
- Boss Mode offers a lot of content generation.
- Bloggers can take advantages of the long form assistant feature.
- Provided training.
- The user interface is incredibly easy to use.
- The new usage templates, functions and features are added regularly.
- It doesn’t take long to create unique content that’s free from plagiarism.
- Long and short form content can be created in no time.
- Blog posts can be optimized more efficiently thanks to the integration with Surfer SEO. But Surfer and Boss Mode subscriptions are necessary for this integration.
- Jasper supports more than 25 languages.
- You’ll need to fact check the content that is generated. Some wording and numbers included in created content will not necessarily be true or correct.
- There can be repeated information when using the long form assistant.
- Jasper may seem relatively inexpensive for business users. However, it can be costly for most users.
- You won’t be able to use it to completely rewrite existing articles (like a content spinner would). Jasper can’t create separate content that doesn’t need at least some editing work.
- There is a learning curve which is normal with tools like this (go through Jasper Bootcamp to learn how it works and to get better content).
Is Jasper AI Any Good? Verdict
Writers at all skill levels and specialties can benefit from the powerful GPT -3 software known as Jasper AI. Its performance and features are impressive, even though this resource isn’t perfect.
It can be used to create eBooks, YouTube video scripts, school papers, listings, blog posts (which can be further enhanced through integration with Surfer SEO), etc.
Jasper AI is a vast improvement over several other comparable products. It can help you fight writer’s block and integrate automation into your writing. Experienced and novice content writers can benefit from this powerful copywriting resource on their side.
There’s almost no end to the amount of customization choices. That and its simplicity are why I suggest Jasper AI to consistently produce quality long form content.
Many users will say that Jasper doesn’t produce great results and that the software is overpriced. Yes, it can take some time to produce the results that you’re looking for. Using Jasper AI regularly and watching their training materials can help you become more adept and get better content.
I strongly suggest taking the free Jasper AI bootcamp training if you’re considering signing up for an account. This training is included with your account and will provide you with the resources and skills necessary for developing stories, video scripts, blog posts, and other content that will appear as if human beings wrote them.
Jasper AI can create excellent articles, social media posts, and other content for people who understand the software’s capabilities and potential.
The created content will rely heavily on the prompts or commands given in Jasper Boss mode or before the compose button is pushed. It’s essential to properly position Jasper and use the best possible practices so that only optimum content will be delivered.
I’ve found Jasper AI to be one of the best copywriting resources. However, there can be times when some manual oversight is necessary. Writing a few initial words yourself can guide artificial intelligence into developing content in the manner that was intended.
You won’t be able to really comprehend just what Jasper AI can do until you sign up for a paid plan. Then you can try the various features and functions and start thinking about the types of content you want to produce.
Jasper AI can be a decent content creator if you put the time and effort into learning how to use it. Before long, you’ll know just how to instruct the AI so that it can easily create compelling content that will leave your readers wanting more!
But if Jasper is not what you are looking for, then check Jasper AI alternative options such as 10Web AI Assistant, Anyword, GetGenie, WP Robot, Article Forge, SEO Content Machine and Kontent Machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions that are often asked about Jasper.
|1. What is Jasper AI?
Jasper AI is an advanced artificial intelligence platform that provides machine learning and natural language processing tools.
|2. What are the benefits of using Jasper?
Most significant benefit of using Jasper AI is improved workflow automation.
|3. Can Jasper AI be used for language translation?
Yes, Jasper AI has natural language processing tools that can be used for language translation.
|4. Can Jasper be used for customer service?
Yes, Jasper AI can be used for customer service, including chatbots and voice assistants.
|5. Is Jasper AI free to use?
Jasper is not free to use, but it does offer a free trial.
|6. Is Jasper legal to use?
Yes, it is legal because Jasper content is completely original and free of plagiarism.
|7. Is Jasper AI plagiarism free?
Yes, content generated via Jasper is plagiarism free.
|8. What is Jasper good for?
Jasper AI is a versatile and powerful artificial intelligence platform that can be used for a variety of purposes like writing content, customer service chatbot, writing code, etc.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.