Content publishers such as online sellers, media publications, news companies, and bloggers can make the most of a good WordPress magazine theme. These themes allow you to accentuate specific categories of information and highlight large amounts of content. Built-in spaces for banner advertising are typically included because these resources are generally designed for publishers and bloggers.
One such theme is Newspaper. It is one of the most popular WordPress magazine themes and made by excellent tagDiv team. In this Newspaper review, I will show its features, advantages, and disadvantages in greater detail. Hopefully, this should supply you with enough information to determine whether or not this theme meets your needs.
Table of Contents
Newspaper Theme Review
Everyone can benefit from using the Newspaper theme. It’s ideal for review, publishing, magazine, newspaper, news, WooCommerce, store, shop, etc. Vimeo and YouTube videos are supported.
Theme complies with GDPR and offers Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support. Web development, minimalist projects, viral, luxury, travel, personal, modern, lifestyle, food, fashion, cryptocurrency, and many other niche websites can use Newspaper theme.
WooCommerce, BuddyPress, bbPress, Instagram all offer integration with the Newspaper theme. It uses the best search engine optimization practices, AdSense and Google Ads are supported, the theme is responsive, etc.
You can get a new site up and running in no time with Newspaper theme’s easy, intuitive options. The theme comes with many plugins that you can use without the need of installing third-party plugins. And the tagDiv Composer plugin is a powerful custom frontend page builder.
Here’s a brief overview of the Newspaper theme’s most important features:
- Online stores, publishers, and many other related industries can use this top-selling magazine and news theme.
- Packed with premium features.
- Layouts are responsive and crafted to grab viewers’ attention.
- The theme is optimized for use on various mobile devices.
- One mouse click is all that it takes to get started with more than 120 unique demos for architecture, animals, technology, travel, sports, cryptocurrency, music, and many other areas.
- The theme is optimized for use with Gutenberg.
- The theme is AMP ready.
- There’s also a handy mobile theme that is included with the Newspaper theme.
- The Newspaper theme complies with GDPR.
- There are more than 120 pre-built demo designs.
- Over 1,500 prebuilt page and post design templates are available with the tagDiv Cloud Library plugin that’s included.
- Content can be locked, and you can expand your email list using the included tagDiv Opt-in Builder.
- Additional WooCommerce capabilities can be added to your website with the bundled tagDiv Shop plugin.
- Responsive banner ads, AdSense, and Google Ads are supported.
- The theme is compatible with the WPML plugin.
- Newsletter, Exchange, Social Counter, and Weather widgets can be used.
- Built-in Translation Panel with 90+ language translations.
- The included tagDiv Composer page builder lets you create unique designs and customize demo site templates. The intuitive drag and drop feature simplifies the processes.
- You can create unique footers and headers with the header and footer builder.
- You can control the content that appears in individual posts and categories with the Flex blocks feature. They can be used to filter and sort content according to “Highest Rated,’ “Popular (last seven days),” “Last Updated Content,” “Most Commented,” and other attributes.
- You can effectively manage all typography that is used.
- A review system is included that can rate items with points, percentages, or stars.
- Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
You don’t have to create an entirely brand new website from scratch if you’re using the Newspaper theme. A single click of the mouse is all that’s required to import any of more than 120 complete site designs.
You can begin customizing on the frontend as soon as you’ve selected a design that you like.
How To Customize Theme Settings?
You can preview the majority of your global settings in the detailed theme panel. This section lets you customize your theme settings as you see fit. The Newspaper theme doesn’t use the native WordPress Customizer. Some users may be frustrated by the inability to preview changes as they’re being made.
However, if you import one demo, it comes with all the settings predefined and all the settings you’re doing on the frontend on a single post template for example, will apply on all posts’ layout.
tagDiv Cloud Library
The tagDiv Cloud Library has all of the theme’s pre-built content. You can see all available templates from your WordPress dashboard’s Cloud Library section.
You can mix or match over 1,500 unique templates. Templates are designed for a particular theme or page portions. There are blog post design templates, search page templates, footer, header templates, and much more.
Any required templates will be added automatically after the specific demo has been imported. You can also customize your site to your specifications by using any or all of the available templates.
The Cloud Library tab that appears on the upper right hand portion of your screen will allow you to import new templates. A new template will have to be imported if you plan on altering a particular page or post template. The tagDiv Composer will then let you change your new template as you see fit.
Editing Content With tagDiv Composer
The tagDiv Composer page builder is one of the Newspaper theme’s most impressive features. Cloud Templates that were imported can be altered any way that you want using this builder. You can also create entirely new designs if you prefer. Many different building modules can be used.
The drag and drop function allows you to add any available modules to your design. You can also rearrange your current modules. The sidebar content and design of a module can be adjusted once you’ve clicked on a module.
Three buttons will appear when you open the tagDiv Composer. They are: Add Element, Load Template (from the Cloud Library), or Website Manager.
You can access customizable footers and headers that can be assigned globally across your entire site or just for certain pages using the Website Manager. Moreover, you can configure fonts for header, content, and footer sections.
Clicking on an element will let you customize it. You can add custom CSS, drag the element to another location on the page or alter style settings.
A visual menu can be used to add new elements. Elements will be listed according to the categories that they belong to. The number of available elements may seem overwhelming at first, but I liked the logical organization. Being able to view each element graphically makes things simpler.
You can find just about every element you’d think of and more. A Covid-19 statistics counter is just one of the more unexpected elements that are available. Using the search feature can help finding particular elements quicker.
You can alter and create various site headers with the Header Builder function. Mobile Header, Header Live Search, and Header Main Menu are some of the header options.
The Header Live Search function is a valuable and often underappreciated resource. Users can get instant results by inputting keywords into the form.
The Header Live Search pulls up articles, posts, pages relevant to the keyword, giving the visitor the content they are searching for instantly. You can further customize each result displayed by adding padding to the meta info and resizing the featured image for the page.
Footers can be imported, created, and customized using a footer builder. You can also assign your footers to the templates and pages.
- The tagDiv Composer page builder lets you create as many footers as you need from the frontend.
- Templates and pages can have different footers.
- There are more than 69 pre-built footer templates that are ready for use.
- Footer can be saved for future use.
- Footer appearances on different devices can be customized.
- You can select the footer you want to be displayed on the current page with the Website Manager.
- Templates and pages can also be without the footer using the “No Footer” option.
There are over 69 single post templates that can be imported with the Newspaper theme. You can build as many templates and layouts as you want.
- You can use 96 post-style templates. Each template is completely customizable.
- There’s no limit to the number of post templates that can be created with the tagDiv Composer.
- Advertisements can appear in a modal window to draw attention to content. The video can be viewed without needing to access the article.
- Videos remain on your screen when the Sticky Video Player is used. People can scroll down the screen, and the video will still be visible and playing.
Newspaper comes with additional support and features for WooCommerce. Some of the added functions are product search filtering, product page layouts with high conversion rates, and a vast library of shortcodes and shop elements.
- More than 27 different shortcodes for WooCommerce.
- 32 shop templates that can be customized as you see fit.
- The Advanced Product Filters System can be very helpful.
- There are eight pre-built modern shop sites.
Concentrating on mobile users’ is another important element of the Newspaper theme. A structure for small screen users is included. A very optimized mobile version of your website will be created once this function has been enabled.
The bundled tagDiv AMP plugin provides full support for accelerated mobile pages. Mobile users won’t be seeing a resized edition of your site. They will be viewing a version of your website that’s tailored to visitors using smaller screens.
A simple mobile menu that makes it easier for visitors to interact with your site content is part of the functionality. Site content will look amazing, regardless of the device that it’s being viewed on.
Customizable Mobile Pages
The Newspaper theme also comes with editable mobile pages. Every page can have its own version of a mobile template.
tagDiv Opt-in Builder
You can gather leads and grow email lists with the tagDiv Opt-in Builder plugin. Specific content on your site can even be locked until visitors enter their email address and subscribe to unlock the content.
You can add a newsletter to your site with the tagDiv Newsletter plugin. A new element will appear in your tagDiv Composer element list after the plugin has been installed and activated. Select the embed form provider that you want. An embed code form from FeedBurner, Mailer Lite, or MailChimp will be needed.
tagDiv Social Counter
tagDiv CSS Analyzer Tool
You can improve your site performance and page speed with the assistance of the tagDiv CSS Analyzer Tool. Unused CSS is removed from the page, and active CSS is optimized and reviewed. Critical CSS is created from the last clean CSS, and the bottom of the page is where the non-critical CSS will be located.
CSS rules applied by user interaction that are missing will be tested automatically. All involved CSS will be recorded, and you can interact with a selected component or section by hand. The final CSS for the page will be created, and the Critical CSS rules will be divided. Those rules will then be loaded into the header section of your site.
You can create more than one sidebar. The Smart sidebar option lets you manage where and when your sidebars will be shown. For example, sidebars with widgets that associate with particular site content can be created. The appropriate sidebar and its corresponding widgets will be visible when a site visitor looks at an article from that category.
Sticky sidebar functionality can be activated when creating site sidebars. Even when a person scrolls up or down a page, the widgets will still be visible.
Newspaper Theme Pricing
At price of $59, the Newspaper Theme is something that most people can afford. Six months of support is included, which can be helpful to anyone who is installing the theme on their WordPress website and needs assistance.
Pros & Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using a Newspaper theme:
- The theme is search engine optimized.
- The theme design is very modern and clean.
- The theme is fully optimized for mobile devices.
- You get the custom page builder tagDiv Composer.
- There are plenty of high-quality demos that can be used.
- The theme is flexible and can be used for various niches.
- The theme comes with some useful plugins.
- Smart sidebars feature.
- Header and footer builder.
- You can monetize your site with as many advertisement spots as you want.
- They are multiple blocks, elements, and templates at your disposal.
- Some users can be intimidated or overwhelmed by the number of available options.
Newspaper Theme Review Conclusion
One of the best-selling WordPress magazine themes is Newspaper. It includes the tagDiv Composer drag and drop page builder, over 1,500 templates that can be imported, and more than 120 demos.
News sites can’t go wrong with the Newspaper theme. Creating an entirely new WordPress blog or news site from scratch can take considerable time and effort. But you can reduce those efforts considerably by using Newspaper.
You can build all kinds of unique niche and specialty news sites with the frontend page builder’s customization choices, connections with other tools, and pre-built templates and designs that are fully responsive.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.