- Free trial option
- User-friendly interface
- Integrates with popular third-party tools
- Robust customer segmentation capabilities
- Provides real-time analytics
- Option to create custom reports
- You can track and check all data from single location
- There is a slight learning curve
- Pricing can become expensive based on your requirments
Every business owner wants to have full control over their business. They want to know things like what’s the top-performing product of the month? Who are the most loyal customers? Which pages on the website get max traffic? Which products sell well together?
But the sad reality is that getting answers to such questions can be time-consuming and at times impossible.
The owner of Putler, Nirav, faced the same difficulty. Having owned three stores, he wanted to make more sense of his data. In this Putler review, I will show all features that it provides.
Table of Contents
What Is Putler?
Putler is a multi-channel reporting and insights tool. You can connect one or more stores, your payment gateways, your Google Analytics account to Putler and get a unified view of your data.
Putler pulls in data from all your data sources, cleans and enriches it, removes duplicates, and provides you in-depth, at-a-glance reports on Products, Customers, Sales, Orders, and website traffic. In fact, Putler has a dedicated dashboard for each of these. And every dashboard provides you reports, metrics, and insights.
- Sales Dashboard: Putler provides an intuitive sales dashboard that gives you a real-time overview of your transactions, including sales volume, revenue, and average order value. It helps you track your sales performance at a glance.
- Customer Analytics: You can delve into detailed customer analytics to gain insights into your customer base. It enables you to analyze customer behavior, identify trends, and segment customers based on various parameters.
- Product Performance: Putler allows you to assess the performance of your products or services. It provides comprehensive reports on product sales, revenue, and profitability, helping you understand which products are driving your business growth.
- Subscription Tracking: If you offer subscription-based services, Putler can help you manage and track your subscriptions effectively. It enables you to monitor subscription revenue, churn rates, and customer retention to optimize your subscription business.
- Refunds and Disputes: Putler provides visibility into refunds and disputes related to your transactions. It allows you to track refund rates, identify potential issues, and take necessary actions to minimize disputes.
- Sales Forecasting: With sales forecasting feature, you can predict future sales based on historical data and trends. It helps you make informed business decisions and plan your strategies accordingly.
- Segmentation and Filters: Putler offers robust segmentation capabilities, allowing you to categorize customers and transactions based on various criteria such as purchase history, demographics, or custom attributes. This segmentation helps you target specific customer groups and tailor your marketing efforts accordingly.
- Multi-channel Integration: Putler integrates with other popular e-commerce platforms and payment gateways, enabling you to consolidate data from multiple channels. This integration provides a unified view of your business and allows for comprehensive reporting and analysis.
- Metrics and KPIs: Putler offers a wide range of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the health and performance of your business. It includes metrics like customer lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, and repeat purchase rate, giving you actionable insights to drive growth.
- Custom Reports and Dashboards: Putler allows you to create custom reports and dashboards tailored to your specific needs. You can choose the metrics, dimensions, and filters to visualize and analyze the data that matters most to your business.
The Home Dashboard provides a complete overview of your business. It has important current stats like Current month’s sales, Balance in PayPal/Stripe, Daily average, Sales figures for the last 3 months.
The Home dashboard also has a date picker, which allows the business owner to pick any date and get the stats for that period.
Product & Customer Analytics
The native WooCommerce reports provide limited data on both Products and Customers. Putler changes that. Putler’s Products dashboard provides you all the information you need about your products:
- Product leaderboard – It arranges the products in descending order, i.e., from the most selling to the least selling.
- Top 20% Products – Putler helps you focus on the top 20% of your products that bring you 80% of your sales.
- Detailed product card – Once you click on a specific product, Putler will pull in a detailed card on that product. This product card will have all the crucial information like the total revenue, refunds, people who’ve bought this product, etc.
Similar to Products, Putler also provides detailed Customer analytics and insights:
- RFM Segmentation – Putler segments your customer base as per their shopping behavior. It takes into account the recency, frequency, and monetary value of every order.
- Detailed customer card – Every customer profile is documented in-depth. Putler pulls information about the customer’s name, gender, email, business website. It also shows you the customer’s purchase history on your website, the LTV, refunds, and the total revenue. Making this feature an absolute must-have for anyone dealing with customer service, support.
Order Activity, Refunds, Subscription Management
Since Putler connects with your payment gateway as well as your eCommerce platform, it helps you perform some day-to-day operations as well like:
1. Order activity – Putler gives you an update on all the activities that happen in your store. It records every sale, refund, pending order, failed order, and also disputes. Using Putler, you can have a real-time view of every activity that happens in your store, plus you can filter orders based on their type.
2. Process refunds – If you have connected your Stripe/PayPal/Shopify data source to Putler, you can process refunds from within Putler as well. You don’t have to log in to your main data source or share critical credentials with your support team. You can provide them support access to your Putler account, and they can process the refund from Putler itself.
3. Manage subscriptions – In the same way, you can manage subscriptions from within Putler itself. All you have to do is search the customer and click on the manage subscription button.
Forecasting a.k.a Time Machine
Putler draws inspiration from the ‘Back to the Future’ movie series and calls its forecasting dashboard the ‘Time Machine”. The time machine allows business owners to play around with data and get a linear progression of revenue, customers, and growth.
One can fill in important data like current revenue, customers, conversion rate, and churn. Putler then provides an annual chart predicting the revenue and customers you will have by the end of the year. You can use this forecasting mechanism while making an annual plan, allocating budget, developing strategies, and a ton more.
Easily Accessible Visitor Data
A pain point that Putler solves is that it makes Google Analytics(GA) data easily accessible. Once you connect your GA account to Putler, it pulls on the important metrics from GA and presents them to you in a single dashboard called the Audience dashboard.
Putler also maps revenue information to the data gathered from GA. This makes it easier for business owners to evaluate which channel is performing better revenue-wise.
Insights & Personalized Recommendations
Putler critically analyses the Holiday Season and gives you reports on how your business performs during the Holiday season. You can also compare the stats of different Holiday seasons and then strategize for the upcoming holidays.
Apart from Holidays, Putler recently added a ‘Did you know’ feature that digs deep in your data and points out interesting insights from your own data every day. Pulter aims at expanding this feature into a recommendation engine that will advise business owners with actionable strategies.
Another cool feature within Putler is segmentation. Putler WooCommerce segmentation feature lets you slice and dice data on various parameters.
Every dashboard has key filters which let you segment your data efficiently. You can apply a combination of filters and also save them if needed.
This might sound like a trivial feature, but if you have used WooCommerce, PayPal you know the difficulty involved in exporting the data you want. Putler makes that quick and simple. You can export a complete CSV for any date range and any dashboard (except the forecasting, insights dashboard).
Unlimited Team Sharing
Putler is not just meant for CEOs, website admins. It is a multipurpose tool that the whole team can use. But since it has critical financial data, Putler provides access control and limits dashboards, metrics for every role. You can learn more about the various roles and their access privileges here.
People who can use Putler:
- Top-level managers – To know the overall health of the business
- Marketers, Consultants – To analyze the products, customers and create marketing strategies to improve the business.
- Support teams – To know the customers better, dig into purchase history, process refunds, and manage subscriptions.
This is a major USP of Putler. Businesses that have multiple stores/websites can connect all their stores in Putler and then view both:
- Consolidated reports from all the stores in a single place
- Juggle between reports of individual stores
In both cases, Putler makes it easier to monitor all your stores from one app.
Weekly Stats Emails
Since Putler’s main motto is to help business owners stay on top of their business, it sends a weekly email to its customers. This email provides you a snapshot of how your business has performed during the week.
How Can WooCommerce Users Benefit From Putler?
Putler seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce, enabling you to centralize and consolidate your sales and customer data from your WooCommerce store and other channels.
With real-time sales analytics, you can track important metrics such as sales volume, revenue, and average order value to monitor the performance of your WooCommerce store.
Putler also provides customer analytics, allowing you to analyze customer behavior and segment customers based on various parameters.
You can assess the performance of your products or services on your WooCommerce store through detailed reports on product sales, revenue, and profitability.
Putler offers inventory management features for tracking inventory levels, stock movements, and alerts for low or out-of-stock products. Additionally, you can track refunds and disputes related to your WooCommerce transactions and create custom reports and dashboards tailored to your specific needs.
Not Just WooCommerce, Putler Supports Many More
Putler + WooCommerce is a great combination. But Putler supports other devices too. As a matter of fact, Putler has direct integration with 17+ services.
TBT, if your data source is not directly integrated with Putler, you can still use Putler. Putler has a simple Inbound API that can be configured to connect any data source in the world. But, you will need a developer on your end to configure it, and of course, the Putler support team will assist in case of questions.
So those were some key features within Putler but let’s get real, there is always a flip side to every story. Isn’t it?
In the same way, Putler has a few limitations as well:
- SaaS metrics – Since Putler integrates multiple gateways, the SaaS metrics are not their strongest feature. However, the team is constantly improving and trying to build a robust SaaS dashboard.
- No email marketing – Currently, Putler doesn’t provide email marketing. You need to export the filtered/segmented data and import it within your Email Service Provider to send out emails. But the good news is that Putler already has email marketing on its roadmap.
- No inventory reporting – As Putler markets itself as a multichannel tool, one might expect inventory reporting as one of its features. But Putler doesn’t focus on inventory as of yet.
Putler offers multiple pricing tiers to cater to different business needs. They have a Starter plan, Growth plan, and Custom plan. Plans differ based on the features they provide and start from $20/month. Putler also offers a 14-day free trial, allowing you to test the tool.
Pros & Cons
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Putler.
- Putler offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate and access the desired features.
- Putler integrates with popular payment gateways and e-commerce platforms, providing flexibility in data consolidation.
- Provides real-time or near real-time analytics, allowing you to monitor your sales and performance instantly.
- Enables you to track sales volume, revenue, and other key metrics, helping you understand your business’s financial health.
- Offers robust customer segmentation capabilities, allowing you to target specific customer groups with tailored marketing strategies.
- You can create custom reports in Putler, selecting the metrics and dimensions that are most relevant to your business.
- Helps you effectively manage and track subscriptions, providing insights into subscription revenue and churn rates.
- Allows you to analyze the performance of your products or services, enabling you to make data-driven decisions.
- Provides visibility into refunds and disputes, helping you monitor and address issues promptly.
- Offers inventory management features, assisting you in tracking inventory levels and optimizing stock management.
- Putler may have a learning curve for users unfamiliar with its interface and functionalities.
- Depending on your business’s size and needs, Putler’s pricing may be a consideration.
- Like any analytics tool, the accuracy of data in Putler relies on the proper setup and integration with your payment gateway or e-commerce platform.
- Putler relies on the stability and compatibility of the supported platforms and APIs it integrates with.
Putler Review Verdict
Putler can be compared to a swiss knife as it has multiple features that a business could benefit from. Hopefully this Putler review has helped you get insights into all options that it offers. But I would recommend you to try it before you buy.
To make things easier, they provide a 14 day free trial of all their features. So if you are a business owner and wish to get detailed reports and insights from your data, give Putler a try.
You don’t have to know to code or add in your credit card details during the trial, so it is completely secure and a total win-win.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Putler.
|1. What is Putler?
Putler is an analytics and reporting tool designed to help businesses gain insights into their sales, customers, and products.
|2. How does Putler work?
Putler works by integrating with payment gateways and e-commerce platforms, consolidating data and providing real-time analytics and reports.
|3. Can Putler integrate with my e-commerce platform?
Putler integrates with various e-commerce platforms, including WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
|4. Is Putler suitable for small businesses?
Yes, it offers plans and features suitable for small businesses, allowing them to analyze sales data, track customer behavior, and make data-driven decisions.
|5. How secure is my data in Putler?
Putler prioritizes data security and takes measures to ensure your data is protected. They employ encryption protocols and follow industry best practices to safeguard your information.
|6. Does Putler offer real-time analytics?
Yes, you get real-time or near real-time analytics, allowing you to monitor your sales and performance instantly.
|7. Can I segment customers
Yes, Putler offers robust customer segmentation capabilities, allowing you to categorize customers based on various parameters such as purchase history, demographics, or custom attributes.
|8. Can Putler help with inventory management?
Yes, Putler offers inventory management features, allowing you to track inventory levels, monitor stock movements, and receive alerts for low or out-of-stock products.
|9. Does Putler provide a free trial?
Putler offers a 14-day free trial, allowing you to explore the features and functionalities of the tool before making a purchasing decision.
|10. Can I export data from Putler?
Yes, it allows you to export data in various formats, such as CSV or Excel.
|11. Does Putler offer multi-store support?
Yes, Putler supports multiple stores, allowing you to consolidate data from different e-commerce stores or platforms into a single analytics dashboard.
Andrea Juliao is the marketing lead at Putler. She specializes in digital marketing and enjoys driving customers to success. She is also a keen football enthusiast and loves cooking new recipes and blogs about it.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.