Do you want to record part of screen on Windows 10 or Mac, but you don’t know how? It is unnecessary to capture the entire screen of your device when you can record the exact portion of the screen related to the required content.
It causes fewer distractions and improves the focus of you and your viewers. If you know the right apps and tools, recording part of the screen on Windows or Mac is pretty straightforward.
Record Part Of Screen On Windows
There are few ways to record part of screen on Windows 10 or Mac without spending money on expensive software.
You can even rely on the Windows 10 Xbox Screen Recording feature. However, you can’t access the Xbox recording tool as a standalone program as it requires the Xbox app to be launched along with it.
We only recommend this in the absence of other solutions, as it can impact your productivity:
- Verify that Game DVR is turned on. Make your way to the Settings menu and choose the Gaming tab. Enable the game bar page’s recording, screenshot, and broadcast options.
- You can also look at the “Keyboard shortcuts” options on the same page and alter the hotkeys if you want.
- Open the “Game Bar” by pressing “Windows + G” and then pressing “Win + Alt + R” as a hotkey to start and stop recording. “Win+Alt+PrtSc” can also be used to capture screenshots.
Apps like Quicktime, Bandicam, EaseUS RecExpert, My Screen Recorder, and iTop are some of the best examples of free, powerful, and dedicated solutions for all sorts of screen recordings.
We have a better alternative to all of the above screen recorders, and it can record part of the screen exceptionally well. Stay with the post, so you know everything.
HitPaw Screen Recorder
HitPaw Screen Recorder is a full-fledged screen recorder capable of fulfilling all your expectations. It is feature-rich and user-friendly software without complicating the recording process.
HitPaw includes all of the necessary in-built tools to assist you in quickly completing the recording tasks. This fantastic app can capture part of the screen with a few steps. HitPaw Screen Recorder incorporates both screen and webcam recording on your desktop.
- Superior quality screen recording – This function allows you to capture the whole screen or a portion of it by dragging and adjusting the particular recording area size. It is possible to use the magnifier to locate the precise point.
- Supports perfect high-resolution webcam recording based on the available hardware. HitPaw and your HD/FHD webcam serve as high-quality self-recording facilities on your desktop. You can adjust the camera, resolution, and framerate. Replication of the video is possible as well.
- Webcam + Screen Recording (Picture in Picture Mode) – Do you want to simultaneously record yourself and your computer screen? HitPaw Screen Recorder has the ideal answer for that. Yes, there is an option called “Picture in Picture Mode,” which you can enable in-app. It belongs to the 4 screen recording modes available in the program.
- Video Game Recording with Zero Lagging – You can significantly benefit from HitPaw video game recording support if you are a game content creator. HitPaw utilizes hardware acceleration optimally and efficiently to deliver a smooth game recording experience.
- Record iPhone/iPad – You can use your iPhone or iPad as a wireless webcam on your PC with the help of the HitPaw screen recording app.
- Scheduled Recording/Timed Recording – You can record live videos even though you lack time to be in front of your computer.
- Capture keyboard – On the home screen of the HitPaw screen recorder, you will notice a keyboard and an arrow icon. You can toggle these functions on and off to capture their execution when you use them.
- When you start recording, a separate panel with different functions will appear. Here you will find some valuable tools. The small marker-like draw icon comprises a cursor, a pen, a highlighter, and an arrow, which you can use to pinpoint the content being recorded.
- Real-time monitor – With this tool, you can record your sessions in real-time. It will help you keep track of time and monitor how long you spend in front of the screen.
- Segment recording – This feature can help you record only at a specific time. You can use HitPaws’ segment recording feature to save your recorded video at the set duration automatically.
- You can also benefit from the built-in video editor available.
- Chroma Key/Green Screen – It is possible to use a chroma key to replace your background video in the real-time recording.
How to use:
- Go to the official website, download, and install HitPaw Screen Recorder. You can go for Try it Free if you don’t want to purchase it straight away.
- Launch HitPaw Screen Recorder from the Start Menu.
- You will land on the home screen and see the Record Screen function. Clicking on it will make you choose the area for recording. You can drag your mouse to mark the part of the screen you need to record.
- After creating the selection, you can record it by clicking the record button.
- You can use the stop function to end recording, and it will also direct you to a simple video editor in which you can modify and refine the recorded content.
OBS Studio is a free, open-source streaming software that you can use for encoding, screen recording, inserting text and graphic overlays, controlling multiple stream sources, and many more.
This software is available for Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and macOS 10.13 or recent versions. OBS runs with community-developed plugins, which you can obtain from the OBS forums page.
- The OBS Studio can capture your screen in HD quality and stream the content directly.
- Video recording is possible without any obtrusive restrictions. You can use the software to record at length without interruptions.
- OBS offers a variety of options for live video streaming. You can use it to stream live on platforms like Facebook Live, Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- The simple interface of the OBS software is a winning feature as it helps users figure out everything quickly.
- Setting up Hot Keys is possible so that you can navigate across the features without trouble.
How to use:
- Navigate to the bottom of the OBS window after opening it. To access a pop-up menu, right-click on the “Sources” panel. Select “Display Capture” after clicking “Add.”
- You’ll see a pop-up box appear on your computer screen. “OK” is all that is needed to proceed with the capture.
- If you have several monitors, open the “Display” dialog box and choose the appropriate one from the drop-down menu. Click “OK” after checking the “Capture Cursor” box.
- Right-click on the source as you go down. There will be a pop-up menu. Make sure you choose “Filter” from the list of options.
- It will open in a new window. In the bottom-left corner of the screen, click the little + symbol. Click “OK” after selecting the “Crop/Pad” filter.
- Change the cropping settings to resize the display. Fill in the required pixel values in the appropriate fields. When you’re finished, close the window. You may crop off the screen sections you don’t want to capture.
Record Part Of Screen On Mac
For this purpose, you can use either the Screenshot Toolbar or the Quick Time Player, which comes bundled with the Mac OS. However, third-party software options have high-end features to satisfy your screen recording requirements.
The HitPaw Screen Recorder is an excellent solution for capturing part of the screen on your Mac device. This app comes bundled with recording tools that you can utilize on-screen, webcam, game recordings, and picture-in-picture recording, which can even combine both self-recording and screen recording simultaneously.
Other exciting features include segment recording, customized recording area, green screen/chroma key, hardware acceleration, and so on.
The HitPaw Screen Recorder for Mac, unlike the Windows version, does not have a record iPhone or iPad option. Having a webcam will fix this problem for you.
How to use:
- Before everything, you must download and install HitPaw Screen Recorder on your Mac. You can do this by visiting the software’s official website. At first, you will only notice the Windows version but check under the “Try it Free for Windows” box to access the Mac download link.
- When the installation is finished, launch HitPaw Screen Recorder from the desktop.
- You can see that all the main recording functions are available here, while some other sections allow access to exclusive features.
- To record a particular area on your Mac screen, you can click the record button, making you choose the area for recording. You can use your mouse to mark the specific area you need recording.
- After the selection is made, you can record it by clicking the record button.
- You can use the stop function to end the recording, and it will direct you to a simple video editor where you can modify and refine the captured content.
HitPaw Online Screen Recorder
Did you know that HitPaw Screen Recorder has a free online version? Yes, HitPaw Online Screen Recorder is an exclusive online tool that comes in handy for solving your typical recording needs.
This tool does not boast all the comprehensive features of the desktop version, but you can rely on it to fulfill all your essential screen recordings. The most remarkable facility of this online tool is that you can record your screen without a watermark.
This is an advantage of this tool over the desktop one. This web tool’s minimalist interface will also appeal to you, as it greatly simplifies recording tasks. You can access HitPaw Online Screen Recorder via its official website.
- There is no need to download or install the software.
- You are free to use all of the features.
- It’s easy to use with a simple interface.
- You can run this app on a Mac computer.
- There is no recording time limit.
How to use:
- Before recording, you are given three audio options to choose from. They are Microphone, System, or No Audio. Select your source.
- Then click the Start Recording button after selecting the recording mode.
- Allow website access to your microphone and allow the browser to record the screen in the pop-up prompt.
- Choose the window that should be recorded.
- After you’ve finished recording the screen, you can download or edit the video.
In this post, we looked at some free and powerful ways to record part of the screen on Windows 10 or Mac. We observed how you can record specific parts of the screen with inbuilt and third-party apps.
Most importantly, we focused on HitPaw Screen Recorder, full-featured recording software that comes packed with tons of valuable tools.
HitPaw Screen Recorder’s desktop version is home to in-demand recording facilities that users expect from such solutions in modern times.
You can also rely on HitPaw’s online screen recorder, which is entirely free and capable of performing all your essential screen recordings. You will have a better experience with screen capture the next time you do it with HitPaw Screen Recorder!
I am Joshua Hill. Graduated from university, I found a job as a test engineer and had worked for five years. I learned everything about software and write media articles in my free time.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.