If there is one tool that can deliver an all-in-one capability to your SEO effort, it is Serpstat. In this Serpstat Review, I will give you a crystal clear outlook on whether you should be opting for this tool or not, as well as show its pros and cons.
With the Serpstat tool, you can derive multiple capabilities that help expand and enlarge the scope of your business and make your online presence user-friendly.
Using this tool can be quite beneficial for your website since it delivers extensive features. The most important feature of this tool, website analysis, helps you track your website’s ranking and match it with your keyword research and implementation. Through a ton load of features, the tool delivers the vast potential to your online presence.
If you are a digital marketing professional, you know how important it is to access an SEO tool. These tools assist and aid you, thereby simplifying your work to a large extent. Some of the most notable SEO tools include – SEMRush (check Semrush review), MOZ, Long Tail Pro, AHREF, Majestic, SpyFu, SEO PowerSuite, etc.
Most of these tools have been in existence for the last one and a half-decade. For instance, Majestic was launched in the year 2004, SEMRush was launched in 2008, Ahrefs was launched in the year 2011, and Serpstat was launched in 2013.
Unfortunately, and sadly so, it gets challenging for a new tool to establish its place in the market when several competing tools have already been in existence. However, Serpstat has established a successful place in the lives of a digital marketing expert, given its affordability and usability. While the tool is pretty affordable to the pocket, there has been no compromise in terms of the quality and efficiency of the tool.
So, in this Serpstat review, I will talk about the pros and cons of this tool. Though the tool is still updating its features every day, I will still try and give you an unbiased view of the specifications. Read on to decide whether it is any good or not.
What Serpstat Does?
Serpstat is a growth hacking tool that can be used for content marketing, search analytics, SEO, PPC, etc. This makes it an all-in-one tool for every SEO professional whose aim is to accentuate the ranking and performance. The tool comprises both advanced and basic features that you’ll need to carry out an SEO of your website.
Some of the primary features include backlink analysis, keyword research, website analysis, URL analysis, rank tracker. These are just a few of the many features present in the Serpstat tool.
But don’t all the SEO tools have the same features? Yes, they do! So, what is it that makes Serpstat unique? For this, I will talk in detail about all the features to understand how and why Serpstat has been successful in carving a niche for itself amongst digital marketing professionals.
How Serpstat Works?
Serpstat is equipped with a vast amount of features. One factor which really makes the Serpstat tool stand ahead of its competition is its demand and desire to grow continually. There has been a remarkable improvement in their database for keywords.
When we speak of the Google Database for the keywords, Serpstat has over 230 Google databases available. Now, let’s delve deeper into the features and significance of the Serpstat tool.
The most striking feature of Serpstat is its website analysis. Meaning, with Serpstat, you can analyze your website against the PPC keywords ranking denoted by the CTR of the keyword, visibility, organic traffic, and organic keywords ranking.
The website analysis in the Serpstat tool can be carried out at Domain Level and URL level.
1. Domain Level Website Analysis
Serpstat will help you with your domain level analysis by reviewing the site on multiple aspects such as Backlinks, Traffic, Keywords, Rankings, and others. This is the most notable feature of the Serpstat, as with the domain-level website analysis, one can see the complete information in one place.
There are certain terms that you must know. Let’s understand them one by one:
- Visibility – Visibility denotes the reach of the website. So, this number will be given by the Serpstat tool, and naturally higher the number, the better would be the reach of your website. You can check the visibility rate of a website over the span of a year.
- SE Traffic – The SE traffic denotes the degree of organic traffic that your website is receiving. However, as you know that this number is based on CTR, it will not be equivalent to the number depicted by the webmaster or Analytics. Despite this, you can still check the distribution of the traffic over the months and examine the growth.
- Organic Keywords – Organic keyword implies the number of organic keywords impacting the ranking of your website. This is a significant report since, based on this, you will know and understand the position and working of the keywords. To get more comprehensive information on the keywords, such as the volume, position, exact reach of the keyword, and more, you can explore this section of your Serpstat tool.
- Keyword Position Distribution – This will provide you with a clear picture of the number of keywords in a bucket created at Serpstat. So, based on this, you can know which bucket has maximum traffic holding.
- Pages with Highest Visibility – This feature helps you know the best-performing pages on your website based on each page’s traffic.
- Competitors in Organic Search – In addition to the website’s performance, Serpstat also gives you a snapshot of the competitor’s search base. As a result of this, you know how to up your game and stay in the running.
- Backlink Overview – The backlink analysis helps you get an overview of your profile backlink in a snapshot.
- Batch Analysis – With the help of batch analysis, you can get a detailed analysis of 100s of domains with one simple click. So, how is this done? Simple! All you have to do is enter the 100 domains you wish to compare. Thereafter, provide the parameters based on which a comparison needs to be drawn. The most remarkable feature of this is the option of being able to choose about 50 search engines. So, in one single click, you can plan out the entire strategy of your website.
Serpstat also gives you an option to filter out the data and create a customized view for your easy understanding. So, in addition to the data analysis or representation, Serpstat also has a useful but unique feature of data extraction. The complete data of the website can be extracted for website analysis with a single click under the Infographics tab.
2. URL Level Analysis
Under the URL level analysis of the Serpstat tool, you will get the same data as seen under the domain level analysis. However, there is a small difference between the two. In the domain level analysis, the analysis is at the domain level, whereas in the URL level analysis, you’ll get the analysis URL by URL or page by page.
Besides, while in the domain level analysis, you could compare your domain for different parameters, under the URL level analysis, you can compare the URL of a website with others.
Besides the regular features provided by most of the tools, there is one additional feature that Serpstat provides, i.e., the Missing Keywords. Under this, you can know the keywords that you missed on your website. So, based on the suggestions, you can add the keywords which are helping in your competitor’s ranking.
In a nutshell, the website analysis tool helps give you a comprehensive look at the traffic coming on your website and the keywords that are helping in the ranking of the website.
Besides improving your own site’s position, you can also use Serpstat’s Website Analysis tool to create a strategy to outdo your competitors in the competition of ranking.
Keyword Research Process
In the Serpstat tool, performing keyword research is significantly better than seen in the other tools. However, while you perform keyword research, you need to be careful about a few things to help you make a good decision.
Provide the keyword along with the filter to the country in the Serpstat Keyword Research. This will help you know which keywords work for which countries. The search volume seen here is almost comparable to the search volume of Google AdWords, you can rely on this information.
Sadly, the keyword difficulty is where this tool lacks. However, it will still give you a good picture when you wish to make a strategy for your website.
You can choose the organic and related keywords. This is a vast list and has a significantly higher number of available options than any other tool. Moreover, Serpstat regularly keeps updating the database of keywords by adding more keywords.
In addition to the organic keywords, you can also get ad keywords. So, if you want to use ads to earn revenue, you can use these keywords on your site.
Serpstat has also included the Google trends in the keywords research section. Under this, you can see the keyword trend over the years.
In addition to all this, Serpstat gives you information on the competitors ranking for the same keywords with their analysis. Under this, the analysis of the competitor’s information comprises backlinks that these competitors have created along with the total number of referring domains.
Moreover, the most notable feature of keyword research is how it provides you with the list of your top competitors along with the keywords they are targeting and the visibility achieved by them in terms of traffic. This comprehensive data is depicted by way of the graph and presents before you the status of your competitors.
Another notable feature of keyword research is the Search Question Feature. In the Search Question Feature, you can see the list of all the interrogative search suggestions for your mentioned keyword.
Such keywords should be a vital part of your keyword strategy. This will increase the LSI keywords and improves your overall chance of being featured in the question-related searches.
If keyword research tools are what you are most interested in, I suggest you rather check my Long Tail Pro review, KWFinder review and Keyword Revealer review, as those tools are more oriented for keyword research and perform better.
Backlink Analysis Tool
The Backlink Analysis tool is an important tool of Serpstat and provides you with a vast picture of the backlink profile for competitors. As part of this, you can see the:
- Referring Domains – Referring Domains are the total number of domains that refer to a particular website.
- Referring Pages – This will give you a picture of the referring pages.
Besides this, it also provides you with a detail on the dofollow and nofollow links, new and lost backlinks status, as well as the types of domain linking (.edu or.org, etc.).
Further, you can also get the list of the anchor along with the ratio of anchor usages. This is a handy feature in defining, given your backlink profile is bonafide and adheres to the stated google algorithms.
The best feature of this tool is that all the tool’s data is represented graphically, and you can examine this data over a long time frame. Besides, it also brings forth the total social shares that are not present in any other tool.
For internal backlink analysis, you can choose the top pages list and see what the backlink profile for these pages is, and the same can be copied for other business pages that have not been ranked yet. In the end, one can use the backlink analysis of the Serpstat and spy on the backlink strategy of the competitor.
Using the Serpstat Rank Tracker feature, you can monitor sites’ positions in local and global, mobile, and desktop search results daily in real-time.
In the Keywords report of the SEO tool rank checker, you can see the basic information about the positions of the project for keywords added. You can see such indicators as Average Position, SERP Storm, Graph of distribution of positions by ranges, Positions, and History graphs.
Serpstat unique filtering option allows you to target and fine-tune separate pages and even categories. Combine that with the monitoring data of your competitors, and you’ll get valuable insights.
Track your site’s positions for any given keyword. Serpstat Rank Tracking tool will help you monitor positions not only in organic but also in contextual advertising. Add keywords that you and your competitors use for paid ads to your project to receive daily updates.
Serpstat offers a unique feature to its users, through which they may be able to check a given page for all types of technical errors that occur on it. This option labeled as ‘Site audit’ is a handy and functional feature that is quite important for users.
Using this feature, you can conduct technical monitoring on your site and web pages and detect factors that impact your page’s ranking, and provide various recommendations to fix them.
With this tool, you can practically get instant analysis for any web page, which proves to be much faster than any full site scanning process. As a result, you will be able to detect pages that lend the most traffic to your website and pages that have been updated recently. From a competitive perspective, this tool can make the whole difference to the game for you.
There is so much that you can do to build your website and enhance its structure. An essential tool that helps in the process is keyword clustering, which puts all your hard work in sync and the direction.
From researching the industry and collecting the relevant keywords to analyze the competition, you may do everything you think makes your site rank well.
The next and quite important step after this is to spread those keywords to stimulate the SEO process and goes by the name of Keyword mapping. Doing so will help you build a user-friendly website that will make the effort of finding the right keywords worth it.
Team Management Mode
The initial version of the Team Management Mode was directed at monitoring the users’ tasks, limit distribution, and team building. Over time, Serpstat updated its Team Management with a team statistics tab which takes into account the monitoring of the team history.
Furthermore, the updated feature has additional features such as:
- Option to distribute the limits both automatically and manually.
- A user dashboard backed with statistics of all the projects depending on the team member.
- Ability to track the activities of all the team members depending on the module, data, and actions.
- Lastly, the updated version allows the manager to control the staff better and avoid problems regarding the projects.
How Much Does Serpstat Cost?
One of the most important factors is the price. This is something that would affect every person who is interested in this tool.
The Serpstat plans start at $69/month. Moreover, it offers you a free trial option to use the tool for a limited period without paying a single penny.
Many Serpstat alternatives cost much more, but we also can’t say that Serpstat is cheap. The price is right, taking into account what it offers. The Lite plan will be the best choice for SEO individuals, freelancers, and SMB with a limited budget.
Serpstat Pros & Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using Serpstat.
- It is packed with all the tools that you would need to do the SEO.
- The analytics information provided by the Serpstat tool is detailed and comprehensive.
- It is packed with some unique features that are missing in other digital marketing tools. Some of these tools are Missing Keywords, Search Question Feature & Team Management.
- A free trial is available to give you a gist of the tool before you invest in the same.
- Social signals for keywords are available.
- You can access comprehensive reports with great visualization.
- If you have a website with many pages, the site audit of the same will take a significantly longer time than what would have been taken by any other tool.
- In some cases, the keyword difficulty may not show accurate results.
Serpstat Review Conclusion
Serpstat s is one tool that has all the features which make it an ideal choice for every SEO or Digital Marketing professional. Overall, Serpstat is a solid SEO tool. It’s got all of the features you’d expect from an SEO software suite. And it’s competitively priced compared to its main competitors.
If you do want to give Serpstat a shot, I don’t think you’ll walk away disappointed.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.