WooCommerce is a popular WordPress shopping plugin that lets you quickly set up a powerful online store with lots of out-of-the-box features. QuickBooks is one of the most popular small business accounting programs. In this WooCommerce QuickBooks integration article, I will show you how to connect WooCommerce and QuickBooks.
Accounting and bookkeeping are essential for running a business, even though they’re usually not the most enjoyable tasks. Seeing profit and revenue numbers can be exciting. Determining that data by analyzing sales and expense information can be rather tedious and time-consuming, especially for small business owners who have to tackle all of their accounting responsibilities themselves.
Connecting QuickBooks Online (QBO) or other similar software with your WooCommerce site can be a huge time saver. It can significantly reduce anxiety and stress and allow you to focus on growing your business.
How do you think about integrating your WooCommerce store with QuickBooks? That is a perfect combination for anyone who would like to manage an online store successfully.
QuickBooks is a convenient tool for online store owners. It allows them to keep track of income, expenses, payments, and invoices. Integrating your WooCommerce website with QuickBooks is an even better way to stay on top of things. Linking the two systems provides greater control. It also reduces the amount of paperwork that needs to be done by hand.
What Is QuickBooks?
When you hear “small-business accounting software,” you probably think of QuickBooks. Since Intuit launched its flagship product over 20 years ago, the financial management platform has dominated the accounting software marketplace. Xero is its closest rival (check WooCommerce Xero integration guide).
Currently, QuickBooks software holds a large portion of the small-business market share. If you’re researching small-business accounting solutions, QuickBooks will be on your list.
In addition to basic accounting, invoicing, and reporting capabilities, QuickBooks also offers add-on services that allow you to handle things such as payroll, inventory tracking, and credit card processing. It can also be integrated with Revolut and Wise (check Wise vs Revolut comparison).
Benefits of WooCommerce QuickBooks Integration
QuickBooks is the preferred accounting platform for many companies. Connecting QuickBooks with your WooCommerce site is a great way to simplify and organize your accounting information.
It’s time to use a trusted accounting program if you haven’t done so already. This should be done no matter how many orders you process every month. QuickBooks is an excellent place to start for companies of all sizes:
- Easy Export Data – You can easily search and match the records that you have with your existing accounts.
- Accounting Completely Automated – You can automate and schedule accounting by connecting WooCommerce sales data directly into QuickBooks. Instantly track your sales revenue in QuickBooks Online. When a customer takes an order on your WooCommerce store, the invoice with taxes and any discounts is automatically added in QuickBooks Online.
- Accurate Customer Information – When the customers place an order, the customer information is automatically created in QuickBooks Online. And if details change, they will be automatically updated.
- Effortlessly Manage Stock Levels – The stock levels are up-to-date in QuickBooks Online when an order is placed on your WooCommerce shop. If you update stock levels in QuickBooks Online, they are automatically updated in WooCommerce.
- Automatically Keep Products Updated – Adding a product in WooCommerce automatically adds a product in QuickBooks Online. Any updates to the product are also passed to QuickBooks Online.
- Reduced Errors – Thanks to QuickBooks, the information gets updated automatically, leading to reduce or almost zero errors.
How to Integrate WooCommerce & QuickBooks?
Integrating QuickBooks with your WooCommerce site allows for real-time data transfer. You don’t need to enter information by hand anymore.
The connection can be accomplished by using MyWorks, Zapier, or another third-party plugin. Integration can range from tasks such as simple data transfers to updating inventory live as it changes. The plugin that you select should depend on the features and functions that you need.
Before you can integrate with your WooCommerce site, you must have an existing QuickBooks account. QuickBooks Online is an appealing and affordable solution for many small businesses.
Starting at $25 per month, this cloud-centered resource can be used to control sales, inventory, and invoices. It can also help you stay on top of revenue and expense, your clients, and sales transactions.
Just keep in mind the fact that QuickBooks and WooCommerce can’t integrate directly with each other out of the box. That synthesis can only be accomplished through a third-party tool or plugin. Thankfully there are plenty of choices that can get the job done.
When you’re examining these resources, pay attention to how each option sends information back and forth between WooCommerce and QuickBooks. There are two ways in which QuickBooks and WooCommerce integrate and pass data to each other:
- One-way transfer integrations: These are simple transactions that send information from one system to the other. An example of a one-way transfer integration is when an order in WooCommerce is automatically recorded as a sales receipt in QuickBooks. There’s a one-time fee for these types of interactions. They’re a good way to handle order and receipt processing and other commonly recurring tasks.
- Two-way sync integrations: These connections are usually a little more complicated. They often involve different streams of data between WooCommerce and QuickBooks. These transactions also occur in real-time. Examples of two-way sync integrations are system updates when inventory levels, customer data, tax and order data, and product information change. These interactions are also typically more expensive than one-way transfer integrations.
The right type of information integration will rely on your organizational needs. Sole proprietorships and startup companies may only decide to use WooCommerce and QuickBooks integration to update order information. This can be done through a one-way transfer for a nominal one-time fee.
Larger companies that deal with higher sales volumes would probably benefit from using a two-way sync connection. This can help them stay on top of the customer, order, and invoice information as it changes. These types of operations are also going to be costlier than one-way integrations.
Best Paid & Free Tools For WooCommerce QuickBooks Integration
Here are several ways, tools, plugins using which you can connect QuickBooks with WooCommerce:
1. Quickbooks Integration for WooCommerce – From $99/annually
Quickbooks Integration for WooCommerce is a powerful yet easy solution to connect your WooCommerce store with Quickbooks.
Developed by MakeWebBetter, this integration, you can connect and sync your store’s data to Quickbooks and make it easy to track and manage your expenses. With this integration, you can sync both historical as well as new data of your store.
Along with that, this Quickbooks integration provides you with some feeds you can use to synchronize the data for a specific object like Orders, Customers, and Products.
You can configure every feed according to your preference. For example, you can change the event that triggers the synchronization process for the Products data.
Moreover, you get a comprehensive sync log that helps you identify the error that occurs while synchronizing the data. You can also set the time limit for storing that log. If you want to keep it for 30 days, set the limit to 30 days and all the logs will be deleted after that duration.
You can start using this Quickbooks WooCommerce connector from WooCommerce marketplace by paying $99 a year.
2. Zapier – Free and Paid
Zapier offers economical one-way connections, as opposed to the more expensive two-way synchronizations that other services provide. It uses smaller connections named Zaps to link WooCommerce and QuickBooks.
Every Zap has both a Trigger and an Action in each integration. A Trigger can be a new WooCommerce order. The corresponding Action could be a sales receipt with all relevant information for that order created in QuickBooks.
You can use up to five Zapier connections for free. If you need more, you will need to purchase one of Zapier’s paid plans.
Some examples f Zapier’s one-way connection that can be used:
- Create QuickBooks Online sales receipts automatically whenever you receive a new WooCommerce order.
- Add a new customer profile in QuickBooks Online for each new order that you receive in WooCommerce.
- Use your monthly subscription renewals in WooCommerce to automatically create sales receipts in QuickBooks Online.
Free Zapier accounts are allowed a maximum of five Zaps per account. You can use that account to set up simple connections without having to pay any monthly fees. You can also use WooCommerce triggers to create customized Zaps.
Zapier is one of the simplest and most economical ways to connect your WooCommerce transactions and customer data with your QuickBooks account. One drawback is the fact that Zapier can’t send information from QuickBooks to WooCommerce.
If you want to sync all customer information, order line items, product inventory, and other data, a two-way connection is probably better suited for you. In that case, MyWorks would be an effective solution.
3. MyWorks QuickBooks Sync for WooCommerce – Free and Paid
MyWorks QuickBooks Sync for WooCommerce allows you to integrate your accounting platform and WooCommerce online store easily. You can sync product information, order data, payments, inventory levels, and much more.
The plugin will add a direct connection to QuickBooks from your site. The extension brings the option to sync customer, inventory, product, pricing, and payment details to your accounting system effortlessly. It works with QuickBooks Desktop, POS, and Online.
The connection that it creates with QuickBooks and WooCommerce makes it easy to synchronize your bank deposits, customer information, payments, products, orders, inventory, and other relevant data. The real-time connection is automatic and works both ways. It helps you maintain proper inventory levels and accounting information.
Once you’ve set up the extension, the real-time sync goes to work. Your QuickBooks system will start receiving your inventory, new client, product, and order data from WooCommerce right away. You have complete control over these functions.
You can decide what information is linked and what isn’t. You can also opt to activate or deactivate the synchronization of different data types. The extension simplifies the transfer of product data, order information, and other details back and forth between WooCommerce and QuickBooks.
You can download and install QuickBooks Sync for WooCommerce for free. However, you’ll need either a free or paid MySync account to be able to connect QuickBooks with WooCommerce.
4. WooCommerce Quickbooks Connector – $79
WooCommerce QuickBooks Connector plugin is another simple integration solution. It automatically syncs your WooCommerce bank deposits, customers, inventory, orders, payments, and products to QuickBooks Online.
Assorted triggers cause connections for your WooCommerce orders as they happen into QuickBooks. It also helps you manage the accounting responsibilities for your online business.
- You can sync as many online orders as you want without having to pay a monthly fee.
- Order information is transmitted from WooCommerce to QuickBooks automatically in realtime, saving you time and effort.
- You can create rules to have new orders automatically sync to QuickBooks.
- It’s a two-way automatic product inventory sync. Data can be imported hourly, daily, twice a day, and in real-time.
- Any order information such as customer data, order taxes, shipping info, etc. is created in QuickBooks automatically.
- You can opt to import and export data manually if you wish.
- The ability to export shipping charges, discounts, coupons, and taxes with each order.
- You can allow your clients to use their WooCommerce Customer Accounts to view and download their own QuickBooks Online invoices.
- Full compatibility with Currency Switcher and Multi Currency for WooCommerce.
- It supports having more than one vendor at a time. The application integrates with Multivendor Marketplace for WooCommerce.
- WPML support (check WPML review).
- It works with the multi-language plugin.
- Custom status can be assigned to define how particular orders are exported.
- It integrates with WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- You can use your WordPress admin area to update customer, order, and product information and have all of that data updated in QuickBooks Online automatically.
- You can map your payment methods for any deposit account or bank account transactions. This makes it easier to record and keep track of your WooCommerce orders in QuickBooks.
- You can also sync information for specific customers, orders, and products.
5. Integration for WooCommerce and QuickBooks – Free and Paid
You can use this plugin to determine how your credit memorandums, customer data, invoices, sales receipts, and other information is synchronized between WooCommerce and QuickBooks.
The process can take a little longer to set up. However, as long as you map data for every possible QuickBooks Online field, you’ll be able to use this plugin fully. It can establish more sophisticated accounting and tax settings, and even create new products in QuickBooks online for new orders that are integrated.
You can download a free version from the WordPress repository or purchase pro version from the official site.
6. InfinitySync – from $69/month
InfintySync is a very reliable accounting resource for online companies. It’s a WooCommerce QuickBooks plugin that automatically integrates your WooCommerce website with QuickBooks Desktop. It makes your accounting tasks much easier to manage, and it gives you more time to concentrate on growing your business.
Order information is sync in real-time so that your accounting information is as up to date. All of your orders in WooCommerce are connected to QuickBooks Desktop immediately. This simple solution eliminates any possible accounting errors associated with your online orders. It also helps your company succeed.
Your customer data and order information are both automatically transmitted from your WooCommerce site to QuickBooks. There are customizable fields for order tracking information and shipping details that can be added and edited. This data can help you stay on top of current tax rates, terms, and wholesale pricing.
7. Webgility – from $39/month
Webgility allows you to sync WooCommerce information with QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online, or QuickBooks Point of Sale in a matter of moments. You don’t need to enter data manually anymore.
Webgility is one of the most flexible automated accounting tools around. Its customization choices can save you a lot of time and effort in your accounting methods.
All fees and revenue are recorded for each item. This simplifies reconciliation and improves accuracy. You can decide if you want to post every transaction as it occurs, or if you just want a daily, weekly, or monthly summary.
Information such as consumer name, address, payment method, sales tax, promotion codes or discounts, shipping method, and other pertinent data can be recorded. These details will also be mapped in your accounting system at a field level.
Webgility also integrates your inventory levels with QuickBooks and WooCommerce. This means that you don’t have to worry about running out of stock or over-selling a particular product.
WooCommerce payment fees are recorded, and shipping information is retained from your shipping applications. This information can help you get a better handle on your shipping costs and overall revenue.
QuickBooks With WooCommerce Conclusion
Connecting the WooCommerce site to QuickBooks can be a huge time saver for your WooCommerce accounting needs. It can be especially important when you have a growing company and are no longer able to enter accounting information by hand. If you need more powerful and robust software, then I recommend you to check NetSuite review and best WooCommerce NetSuite connector tools.
And if you need simple, basic plugin for accounting needs that provides option to manage accounting from WordPress dashboard and is not connected to any third-party software, then I suggest you check Finpose review.
There are plenty of plugins and extensions that can assist you. The best resources aren’t free, but they can provide a wealth of features and functions to help you achieve your goals.
WooCommerce QuickBooks integration plugins, products, and apps have become increasingly popular. Most of them are very easy to set up and install and are incredibly intuitive.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.