Litecoin, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies are becoming increasingly popular. If you want your clients to pay for products and services on your website via cryptocurrencies, you will need a good WooCommerce cryptocurrency payment gateway.
There are quite a few benefits for accepting cryptocurrencies as security features, the ease of facilitating transactions across borders, a wider market, and anonymity for purchasers are just some reasons to consider adding this payment option.
You will pay fewer fees than PayPal or other similar services, and you won’t have to worry about chargebacks or dealing with intermediaries.
That’s not to say that cryptocurrencies don’t have their own drawbacks. Slow processing times, fluctuating prices, and higher transaction fees are some of the disadvantages. Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin markets are also prone to bad actors, hackers, and increased government intervention at times.
WooCommerce Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway
There are many WooCommerce payment gateways available and having multiple payment gateway options on your store is a smart choice. Many consumers prefer using cryptocurrencies to pay for items. Bitcoin is now accepted by CheapAir, Dish, Expedia, Microsoft, Newegg, and thousands of other international businesses.
Here are some of the best free and paid WooCommerce crypto payment gateway plugins.
Blockonomics lets online retailers take cryptocurrency payments. This decentralized payment processing system allows Litecoin, Etherium, Bitcoin, and other forms of cryptocurrency to be used as payment, which helps merchants improve their overall sales, revenue, and profitability. Its P2P encrypted invoice solution is a great alternative for many companies.
Blockonomics WooCommerce plugin allows you to accept Altcoins and BTC. Blockchain.info, Mycelium, Trezor, and other hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallets, as well as all significant fiat currencies, are supported.
You’ll receive funds faster using Blockonomics than with a traditional payment gateway. You can save on withdrawal fees and get money quickly. You can control income without requiring the services of an intermediary. You’ll pay less money when taking crypto from your account.
A Blockonomics account is required to access their services, and they charge a 1% fee on transactions.
- Funds go right to your online wallet account.
- All transactions are secure and safe.
- It only takes a few minutes to install.
- Fraud and chargebacks won’t be concerns.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin (BTC) are accepted.
- Segwit compatibility enables the lowest transaction fees possible
- It supports Mycelium, Ledger Nano S, Blockchain.info, Trevor, and all other major HD wallets.
- Primary fiat currencies are also supported.
- Blockonomics will never receive customer data. All consumer information stays in your shop so that you won’t have to worry about possible security leaks.
- The resource supports TOR website callbacks.
- Complete checkout process happens within your website/theme.
BTCPay Server is a cryptocurrency payment processing service that lets you receive direct payments with Altcoins and Bitcoin. The open-source, free resource doesn’t need a middleman and doesn’t have transaction costs or other fees.
All payments made using BTCPay are deposited into your online wallet. All transactions are secure and private. The server doesn’t receive any private key information.
There’s no need for third parties to become involved with this non-custodial invoicing system. You’ll have greater security and privacy because funds go to your wallet. Your xpubkey information is used to create a new address for each invoice, so address details aren’t used repeatedly.
BTCPay can be operated with a third-party host, or you can run it on your own server as a self-hosted solution.
The self-hosted solution allows you to use Lightning Network to integrate as many stores as you want with BTCPay. It can also process payments made by customers on those online stores.
Using BTCPay and migrating information is simple if you’ve already used Bitpay’s plugin. The BTCPay for WooCommerce has an excellent rating and comes packed with features.
Traders, individuals, and companies can complete various types of digital currency transactions with Coinbase. You can create digital wallet accounts integrated with bank accounts to start selling and buying Bitcoins.
Many merchant resources and payment processing tools are also included. Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, USD Coin, Litecoin, and Etherium Coin are fully supported by the Coinbase Commerce Payment Gateway for WooCommerce plugin.
Simple POS interfaces, APIs, and plugins can be used to integrate with CoinPayment’s digital currency payment resource. More than 17,000 Altcoins and Bitcoin can be accepted at the merchant store.
CoinPayments is a complete cryptocurrency platform for funds in multiple currencies. It has over three million active accounts spread across more than 180 nations. Payment gateway is available so that customers can pay for purchases using Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies using the CoinPayments.net Payment Gateway for WooCommerce plugin.
GoUrl is a cryptocurrency online payment solution for use in multiple nations. Customers and vendors can conduct transactions with its payment platform. It doesn’t use the same technology that many other payment gateways employ. GoUrl doesn’t open external payment pages because it integrates directly with site pages.
There are multiple GoUrl WordPress plugins. The GoUrl WooCommerce plugin enables you to accept Altcoins and Bitcoin. You can get payments right away after selecting one of their three payment integration choices. They also have a subscription and white-label options.
However, GoUrl will not transfer Bitcoin into cash. All it does is send payments to your Bitcoin wallet account. BitcoinCash, Dash, Litecoin, and other popular cryptocurrencies can be accepted on your WordPress site. The plugin can let customers pay for memberships, page views, digital downloads, and products.
- Transaction fees go from 0%. There are no monthly fees, and you don’t need a bank account.
- Everything happens in automatic mode. Everything is global and secure. Chargebacks aren’t an issue.
- You can accept the following payment methods in WooCommerce: Bitcoin, BitcoinCash, Dash, Dogecoin, Feathercoin, Litecoin, MonetaryUnit, Peercoin, Potcoin, Reddcoin, and Speedcoin.
- External payment pages aren’t opened. The plugin integrates with your site directly. The payment box is customizable and very compatible with mobile devices.
- Users’ browsers receive payment information from your site or server. Their server will transmit the necessary data to your server.
- Your logo can be included as a white label option.
- The WooCommerce product page can have the crypto price with fiat price for items that you sell.
- Your Altcoin or Bitcoin wallet account can receive money from consumers’ purchases right away.
Scanning the QR code is all that your clients need to do to send payment. TripleA also simplifies operations for sellers. Real-time exchange rates (with a withdrawal fee of 0.8%) are used so that you can withdraw funds in 19 different international currencies.
There are no chargebacks that cost money, and you can also receive email notifications for each transaction.
- You can receive payments in your local currency that can quickly be transmitted to your bank account.
- You don’t need to know much about Bitcoin to accept bitcoin payments.
- The expected amount will be received in your account. You don’t need to be concerned about market volatility.
- The only charge is a 0.8% withdrawal fee.
- Bitcoin to local currency conversions always use real-time exchange rates.
- There won’t be any fraud or chargebacks.
- You won’t need to log in or register.
- There are no repeat charges or setup costs.
- Bitcoin payments won’t be charged platform fees or commissions.
- It’s a wallet-to-wallet operation. No intermediaries are involved in this non-custodial system.
- Email notification for every transaction.
You can accept Altcoin and Bitcoin payments from the WooCommerce online store without requiring a middleman’s services. This Bitcoin/Altcoin Payment Gateway for WooCommerce eliminates the need for a third-party wallet to have payments sent right to your coin address.
You can select from either automatic or manual order confirmations with this plugin. Manual orders require you to go to your cryptocurrency address to verify that payment was received after a customer has placed and paid for an order. The order will be placed on hold until you can confirm the payment. Manual orders are a free option.
Automatic orders are included in the plugin’s paid version. Payments will automatically be confirmed for each order placed. There’s no need to review this information manually.
- There aren’t any mining fees, transaction fees, or other associated charges.
- Bank or KYC verification isn’t needed.
- There aren’t any transaction or withdrawal limit restrictions. Your own coin address will receive payments directly.
- It is a self-hosted solution.
- You can customize the product page and checkout page text.
- You can add your payment gateway name or company logo.
- Discounts can be added for each type of cryptocurrency used. This can be either a flat amount or a specific percentage.
- Single product pages can have product offer boxes that can be displayed or hidden as you see fit.
- Price calculation using by the most trusted exchange portal is instant and automatic.
- WooCommerce product prices can be automatically converted into their Altcoin and/or Bitcoin prices.
Infinue developed their own premium Coinbase Commerce for WooCommerce plugin. It can be used to let clients pay for items ordered in your WooCommerce online store with cryptocurrencies.
Coinbase takes care of payment processing for you. This ensures quick and secure payments for consumers. Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dai, Etherium, Litecoin, and USD Coin are supported by the plugin.
- Supports USD Coin, Litecoin, Etherium, Dai, Bitcoin Cash, and Bitcoin.
- Customization and configuration are simple.
- Coinbase processes payments safely and securely.
- You can show cryptocurrency prices for items that you sell.
- Links to payment TX and invoice.
- In front of every order, you’ll see a currency icon.
DivEngine created the Cryptoniq – CryptoCurrency Payment Plugin for WordPress. This premium plugin can be used to let clients pay for orders with cryptocurrencies. Tron (TRX), Dogecoin (Doge), Etherium (ETH), and Bitcoin (BTC) are currently supported.
Payments are processed using a Decentralized Payment Method. Cryptoniq only needs the wallet information to be added in the plugin options panel. Clients can then send payments to your online wallet address.
You can set various options in the plugin’s admin panel. There you can select your payment coins, add coin prices for various products, assign wallet addresses and make other changes.
- A decentralized payment method is used for customers’ order payments. No third-party services are involved, and payments are received directly.
- You can assign payment choices, set coin prices for goods and services, and choose wallet addresses.
- Their Payment Box works with all devices.
- The plugin supports multiple currencies and languages.
CryptoWoo allows you to integrate Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Bitcoin payments into your WooCommerce store with automated payment confirmations. This resource makes it easier to manage private keys, customer data, and order checkouts.
You can also take advantage of the features that the CryptoWoo HD Wallet add-on provides. It can be used to transfer store payments to your HD wallet account. Other add-ons can also be integrated to take other types of cryptocurrencies as payments.
- You can either use a Block.io premium account or provide your own Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Bitcoin wallet addresses. The HD Wallet add-on allows you to receive payments to your Ledger, Trezor, Mycelium, or Electrum HD wallet account.
- Clients won’t be redirected to iframes or third-party sites when checking out. They’ll stay in your store.
- No information is provided to third parties. Your data stays with you.
- Maximum order amount thresholds for zeroconf payments can be assigned for each type of cryptocurrency that you accept.
- Refund address information can be gathered during the order checkout process.
- All current WooCommerce store currencies except Lao KIP are accepted.
- Poloniex, OKCoin.cn, OKCoin.com, Luno.com, Kraken, Shapeshift, GDAX, CoinGecko, Coindesk, CoinCap, Blockchain.info, BitTrex, BitPay, Bitfinex, Bitcoincharts, and Bitcoinaverage exchange rate APIs are fully supported.
- Markups and discounts can be added individually for different currencies as needed.
- The plugin is compatible with WordPress Multisite.
WooCommerce store owners can take payments in more than 50 cryptocurrencies using the NowPayments Crypto Payment Gateway for WooCommerce. It’s easy to integrate your NOWPayments account with the plugin. All you need to do to start receiving crypto payments is to install and connect the plugin.
NOWPayments supports many common cryptocurrencies that merchants can accept as payment for goods and services. It’s straightforward to connect, and the non-custodial service has only minimal transaction fees. You can add the payment gateway to large e-commerce platforms, social media accounts, and other sites.
The service does all of the work. All that’s required from you is installing the plugin, registering your account, and creating an API key.
Customers won’t be redirected to other sites for payment. All transactions are confidential and encrypted. Automatic conversions using ChangeNOW are offered too. You’ll receive your preferred coin regardless of the kind of currency that your customers pay in. Transaction fees are only 0.5%. There is also an additional 0.5% fee for automatic currency conversions.
- Your e-commerce store can start receiving crypto payments right away.
- More than 50 major cryptocurrencies are supported.
- Integration is easy.
- Transaction charges are minimal.
- Clients can pay in the cryptocurrency of their choice. Payments can be converted automatically if necessary.
- Sensitive information is encrypted for safety and security.
- Information required for a transaction is the only data that’s shared.
12. Bitpay Checkout for WooCommerce
Bitpay Checkout is another great WooCommerce cryptocurrency plugin that can be a great solution for many sites that use WooCommerce. All you need to do to start is log in to your Bitpay account and then add an API token to your WooCommerce store.
From there, you can install the plugin on any WordPress site that you own. A “payments” tab will be displayed in your primary WooCommerce settings that can be used to integrate your API token and your Bitpay account. Your store will be able to accept Bitcoin payments after the process is complete.
- USD stable coins, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Ripple, and Bitcoin cryptocurrency payments can be accepted.
- All prices will be shown in your country’s currency.
- Get settled using USD stable coins (PAX, BUSD, USDC, or GUSD), XRP, BCH, BTC, or by bank transfer (in GBP, USD, EUR, or any fiat currencies that are supported).
- There won’t be any chargebacks.
- You can use your Bitpay merchant dashboard to watch payments and refund orders as needed.
13. Easy Digital Downloads – Coinbase Payment Gateway
This plugin is not for WooCommerce but I still decided to mention it as alternative. Easy Digital Downloads is a popular free WordPress plugin for selling digital products. You can get Coinbase Payment Gateway as a premium add-on for Easy Digital Downloads. It allows you to accept Bitcoin payments on your site, using Coinbase as the payment processor.
To get started, you need to purchase the Coinbase Payment Gateway. Next, sign up with Coinbase. Then follow the Coinbase Payment Gateway Setup Documentation to connect Coinbase with the website. Once set up, you will be able to receive Bitcoin payments.
14. Digital Paybox
You can use the Digital Paybox premium plugin to exchange Bitcoin payments for digital downloads. It uses Bitpay to accept Bitcoin payments and connects with several different payment gateways.
Digital Paybox lets consumers decide the amount that they want to spend on digital items. The plugin is simple to install and configure. You can set fixed prices or minimum amounts if you prefer.
The plugin is a good alternative for anyone who wants donations for digital download products. Digital Paybox lets consumers receive their downloads by emailing them a temporarily encrypted link after paying for their items.
WooCommerce Crypto Gateway Conclusion
As cryptocurrencies continue to rise in popularity, accepting Bitcoin and other similar cryptocurrencies as payment has become more appealing to WordPress site owners. Still, it can be difficult to decide how to start and use WordPress to process Bitcoin payments.
Thankfully, there are plenty of plugins and other resources that allow you to use WordPress to accept and receive Bitcoin payments. The WooCommerce crypto payment gateway plugin that you select should be based on your site and customer needs.
If crypto payment gateway is not what you are looking for, then I suggest checking Revolut WooCommerce payment gateway, Stripe plugin for WooCommerce, Paddle payment gateway for WordPress, or Stripe & PayPal payment gateway.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.