Dokan is a popular plugin packed with features that allows you to create online stores and multi-vendor platform where users can sell and buy various digital and physical products. But it is not the only choice. There are many Dokan alternatives available.
AliExpress, eBay, and Amazon are some of the popular multi-vendor marketplaces. Anyone who wants to emulate their success needs a good platform with identical features and functions.
So if you want to create a multi-vendor platform with WordPress, you will need the proper tool. Selecting the right platform for this purpose is usually easier said than done as it takes considerable effort to create and maintain such a marketplace.
Dokan might not be the right choice for your needs. Whether ease of use, affordability, user rating, or value is your main concern, there are a lot of other tools that can be a great Dokan alternative.
Table of Contents
Best Dokan Alternatives
Convenience and simplicity for buyers and sellers are why more multi-vendor marketplaces are popular. Site owners can also earn passive income by charging fees, and sellers have a great marketplace where they can showcase and sell their products while buyers have access to various products in one place. Everybody is winning.
Dokan is good and packed with features which you can see in my detailed Dokan review. But if you want to try other options, the following is a list of quality Dokan competitors worth using with features they offer.
WC Vendors Marketplace
WC Vendors is an excellent alternative to Dokan. It allows selling subscriptions, services, digital and physical items. Vendors are provided with an intuitive frontend dashboard, making it easier for them to manage their store’s daily operations, shipping, orders, discounts, and other aspects.
Each active shop in the marketplace has its own URL, and storefront pages can be customized however the vendor wants. You have options such as vacation mode, opening hours, social media profiles integration, etc.
Vendors and marketplace site admins can benefit from the flexible commission system. You can charge commission by percentage, a percentage and a fee, a fixed amount, a fee, or a fixed amount and a fee. You can even charge commission globally, per vendor, or per product.
For extended functionality, there are extensions. For instance, the WC Vendors Membership allows creating membership plans for vendors while WC Vendors Simple Auctions adds the option to auction products.
Customers and vendors can stay up to date on transactions and updates thanks to the email notification system included in the free version of WC Vendors Marketplace. You’ll have more than enough features in the free version to get your online business up and running in no time, but for more advanced features, you will need the pro version.
WCFM Marketplace comes with features such as tax management, shipping, commission fees and rates, store customization, vendor approval, etc. The mobile app and the WCFM Marketplace custom dashboard are two of its greatest strengths.
The intuitive and visually appealing user dashboard makes things easier, and the mobile app allows you to manage the marketplace on the go. It’s currently available in Google Play and soon on the iPhone app.
From the frontend, you can set vendor commission modes and commission roles. Commission can be set by percentage, fixed fee, percentage +fixed fee, by vendor sales, product price, and by purchase quantity.
The plugin is free, but you have to pay for premium extensions. The extensions bring additional features but aren’t required to run a successful marketplace.
The plugin provides an impressive amount of features. You’ll have everything necessary to set up, operate and manage your marketplace. Here are some of its main features:
- Set up deals and offers with flexible discount codes.
- Import and export products to CSV from vendor dashboard.
- Show vacation and store hours.
- Consumers can make more informed purchasing decisions thanks to support ticket interactions.
- Paid and free memberships can be offered to sellers with optional recurring fees.
- Shipping labels and store invoices simplify order fulfillment.
- Allow searching products or services that are near the user’s current location.
- Share delivery tracking info and notify about shipping status.
- Flexible commission types.
- Admin and vendors can check charges, partial refunds, full refunds, withdrawals, commissions, and other store transactions from the frontend dashboard.
- Customers can raise inquiries. Past inquiries will be shown as FAQs, and vendors will be informed about new queries instantly. It’s a good way for sellers and buyers to communicate on the frontend.
- Define all types of policies for stores and products directly from the frontend.
- Configure review settings and manage reviews,
- Set shipping choices according to package weight, zone, or country.
- Vendors have the option of adding tracking code for sold products and marking them as shipped. Similarly, on receipt, customers can mark orders as received. Admin will receive notification for all the activities.
- Vendors have basic SEO optimization options for their stores.
- With the verified seller’s option, sellers can get verified by providing documentation.
- Live chat option.
- Seller badges.
- Options for listings, rental, auctions, and booking.
The WC Marketplace is another plugin similar to Dokan. The free version has many features, among which are general announcements, creating reports, managing commissions, and adding sellers. If you want more advanced features, WC Marketplace also offers paid extensions.
Site admin can create store layouts and templates, select the color scheme for the stores, create a knowledge base for sellers, etc.
Vendor dashboards are incredibly easy to use and intuitive. It might be helpful if a few additional charts, bars, and graphs are added so that you have more things under one location. Still, the current structure will allow vendors to effectively manage clients, orders, and products.
- Thanks to the banking ledger book, vendors can easily check charges, full and partial refunds, withdrawals, commissions, and store transactions.
- Vendors can track and manage tasks from the intuitive dashboard. It can quickly be changed into a management dashboard, monitor dashboard, or sales dashboard.
- Commissions can be calculated according to multiple commission types. Any commission fee can be charged, and commission rates can be added under their commission structure.
- Customers can ask for a refund thanks to the refund management software. You can control the refund status and refund options.
- Using the coupon management system, vendors can renew old coupon codes, promo codes, discounts, and coupon codes.
- Stripe, direct bank transfers, MassPay, and PayPal are some of the payment options. You can also integrate any third-party WooCommerce supported payment gateway.
- Vendors can charge shipping rates according to product category, country, or weight. Thanks to the shipping tracking feature, customers will be able to track their orders.
- Create membership pages like paid, trial, and free membership packages.
- Vendors can create a catalog that allows customers to view all products they offer.
- Advanced analytic functionality.
- Display vacation mode and vendor hours.
- Vendors can send order invoices to customers by using personalized invoice management software.
- Staff management software provides a way to track staff workers, manage their responsibilities, hire other member staff, etc.
YITH Multi Vendor Marketplace
YITH Multi Vendor is a great way to create a multi-vendor marketplace. Setting up your marketplace is relatively straightforward, even though there isn’t a configuration wizard.
It can be pretty enjoyable to set up a marketplace site with this tool. The advanced filtering system provides insight on commissions, item stock, and vendors. Site admin can list all vendors using the widget, assign maximum products per seller, register sellers, and edit their details.
Vendors have access to sales figures and inventory numbers at any time. They can add their Google Maps location, contact information, social media profiles, about details, etc.
The site admin can allow vendors to set featured products, use a shipping policy, and handle coupons. The plugin is packed with features and is one of the best Dokan alternatives.
WooCommerce Product Vendors
Product Vendors is a good Dokan substitute that makes it possible for WooCommerce stores to be converted into effective multi-vendor marketplaces.
- Marketplace can be built to sell all kinds of goods and services, from physical products to digital downloads like photographs, themes, fonts, audio or video, and even bookings.
- As a site owner, you can even sell your products. They can be listed right next to items that are up to sale by other vendors on your site.
- Set specific commission rates for certain vendors. These rates can be used to reward top or loyal earners or to incentivize new vendors to join your online marketplace. Your entire marketplace can still have a separate commission base while special incentives are in place.
- Vendors can manage their own products. This gives you fewer administrative responsibilities.
- Incomplete orders will not incur commissions. You can assign commissions so that they are only paid after an order has been successfully finalized.
- Provide sales reports like monthly vendor earning, commission data, and overall sales for vendors.
- Delay commission payments in case of returns.
- Manage their public profiles.
- Adjust shipping rules for each product and manage all products that they sell.
- Add tracking numbers and other important information in the private notes to customers or orders.
- See sales performance reports and orders.
- Sell time-based bookings, digital and physical goods.
- Receive commission payouts.
Marketplace owners can:
- Review and accept vendor applications.
- Add vendor admins to manage vendor’s information.
- Set payout and commission schedules for each vendor.
- Allow vendors to sell time-based bookings (integration with WooCommerce Bookings is needed).
- Display all ratings for products that a particular vendor sells.
- Set if products need approval before being added to the marketplace or set that it depends per vendor.
- Set commissions based on the amount or a percentage. This variable can be assigned by store, product, or vendor.
- Vendor payments can be made monthly, bi-weekly, weekly, manual, or instantly.
In addition to the 137+ built-in features and modules, MarketKing comes with many integrations available.
Even though MarketKing is a very powerful multi-vendor platform, it has been carefully made so that even newbies won’t have too much trouble getting the hang of it.
The backend is well-organized and easy to use, and the storefronts and product pages that customers see are as attractive and well-designed.
MarketKing is a plugin that is easy to use but has a lot of features. It has one of the most complete sets of features of any multivendor plugin. For more info, you can check my MarketKing review.
Frontend Submissions for Easy Digital Downloads
Sites that use Easy Digital Downloads can also be turned into multi-vendor marketplace sites, thus making them a great Dokan replacement. Frontend Submissions allows users to register as vendor from the frontend.
From the dashboard, vendors can edit account information, communicate with customers, see earning reports, add and update products, etc.
Frontend Submissions is perfectly integrated with Commissions extension to allow store owners to easily track and record vendor commissions on products sold in the marketplace. Earnings will be available to vendors in their dashboard.
New product submissions and vendor registrations have their own exhaustive review processes. This can help ensure that the vendors and items sold on your site are only of the best quality.
Several email notification options are included. Earned commissions, product updates, product submissions, and other information can be subjects for email messages. The details in each email can be configured individually for each email sent.
Vendor account profiles, product submissions, and vendor registration forms can be created with the basic drag and drop form editor, and site administrators manage which form fields vendors can see.
Vendors will be able to use their dashboards to view questions and comments placed on products they’ve put up for sale. The dashboard lets them respond to support and pre-sale inquiries as well.
Emails can be sent to customers right from the vendor dashboard with the help of the EDD Message extension.
Webkul WooCommerce Multi Vendor Marketplace
It doesn’t take long for existing WooCommerce stores to be transformed into fully functioning multiple vendor online marketplaces with the Webkul Multi Vendor Marketplace plugin.
Marketplace websites can even be managed remotely by using the mobile app. The app is available for use on iOS and Android tablets and phones.
Vendors can add and market items through separate vendor panels. They can use their dashboards to remove, change and add products and manage their profiles.
Site admins can control everything from one central location like auto-publish and auto-approval of products, assign commission rates for various sellers and products, etc.
The vendor dashboard lets each seller communicate directly with the site admin. They can also manage login credentials, see order history and examine a detailed report containing their sales and transaction information.
- Webkul Multi Vendor Marketplace supports digital and physical goods.
- Vendor service and quality can be evaluated by customers through the Ratings and Reviews system.
- Users can enlist as sellers using the Seller Central option.
- Commission rates can vary according to different vendors or have a global commission rate that applies to all active vendors.
- New seller sanctions can be approved automatically under the Auto Approve function. You can also avoid having duplicate products by disapproving or approving products that sellers want to add.
- Admin and vendors can generate invoices for the sales.
- Admin can make an existing user a vendor straight from the admin panel without the need for a request via vendor registration.
- Vendors can manage shipping methods, shipping zones, and other shipping tasks from their dashboard panel.
bAZAAR Multi-Vendor Marketplace plugin is another Dokan alternative and a relatively new addition to the WooCommerce multi-vendor marketplace industry. It has some invaluable features to help vendors and site owners accomplish their goals.
Every vendor will have its own user interface. They can quickly customize the functions and appearance of their vendor dashboard. Vendors can create, edit, or manage different types of products directly from their dashboard.
The plugin has a very flexible commission system. Each vendor’s sales contribution can impact the amount of commissions they receive.
Admin approval isn’t required for vendors to add products, and analytic data is available to vendors and site administrators. When a particular sale is finalized, the admin can create an announcement that will be shown to the vendors at the sale’s end.
- Vendors are provided with frontend dashboards from which they can manage shipping, sales, products, and other necessary parts of the business.
- There are predefined product categories, but the admin can generate new product categories.
- Social media accounts can be used to log in to the store.
- A special portion known as Vendor Management Interface can be set for regular management and updates to vendors.
- Earnings, commissions, orders, sales, and product data can be displayed in an analytical and graphical report for both vendors and site admins.
- A point-to-point track system allows vendors to track and withdraw their earnings.
- Vendors can sell single or multiple products.
- Set commissions based on particular categories, products, and vendors.
- Customers can purchase from more than one vendor.
The Mercado Pro is another WooCommerce multi-vendor plugin you should consider as an alternative to Dokan. Vendors can sort, filter, and search their products in real-time through their individual dashboards.
Some of its noteworthy features include social login, the ability to use the admin panel to see all order information and evaluate vendor performance, assigning commission rates for different vendors, and much more.
One of the best parts is that you don’t need to invest in an external communication system. Mercado Pro already has an internal chatting option that lets admins and vendors communicate. Furthermore, vendors can utilize all WooCommerce supported payment gateways.
- All important functions can be managed from the centralized administration panel.
- Vendors and admins can make informed decisions regarding their marketplace activity after reviewing the market growth, earnings, and sales analytical data that is provided.
- Using the dashboard panel, vendors can track products in real-time.
- Admin can set global commission rates or specific commission rates for particular vendors.
- Vendors can create and add products right from their dashboard.
- Every vendor gets a separate store within the marketplace.
- Users can log in using social media accounts and email addresses.
- Vendors and admins can access statements for prior periods.
- Admins can create announcements for individual vendors or all vendors.
- Vendors can create discount and coupon offers to increase sales and attract potential clients.
Dokan Competitors Conclusion
There are many factors typically involved in setting up a multi-vendor WooCommerce marketplace. Establishing such a site is more complex than launching a blog or basic site. A good, profitable site will require comprehensive features.
Dokan is a great choice. But it is not always the best pick for everyone. That is why I have mentioned several best paid and free Dokan alternatives you can use.
You don’t need to pick the first solution that you find. It takes careful planning, so take as much time as you need.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.