Email customization helps to familiarize new and existing customers with a brand and its associated elements. The brand name, specific designs and colors, website, logo, and unique taglines or slogans should all be included. These elements will improve customer engagement and build a reputation as a trusted, professional company.
Customized emails give your clients more details about your brand. You can tell them about product prices and the latest items currently on sale. This can help to increase profit and overall revenue.
Creating original emails does more than raise brand awareness. It also makes the connection between customers and company owners. In this YayMail review, I will show you what this email customizer plugins offers, as well as its pros and cons.
YayMail – WooCommerce Email Customizer is a convenient WooCommerce add-on that lets you change the customer and admin emails that WooCommerce sends.
WooCommerce transactional emails inform clients about account or order updates. WooCommerce automatically sends these emails to customers.
You can only alter the base colors and text content by default. YayMail provides more flexibility so you can add more personal touch to those plain and boring emails.
The plugin’s simple drag and drop interface can be used to create emails and preview them in the same window. Each element will create its own block, and there are plenty of ways in which these blocks can be customized. Various colors, images, fonts, and icons can be used as you see fit.
You’ll need to have WooCommerce installed and activated because this plugin is a WooCommerce add-on. Once you’ve done that, you can take advantage of all that YayMail has to offer. The plugin comes in the free and paid version.
List of third-party WooCommerce plugins that YayMail supports:
- WooCommerce Subscriptions
- YITH WooCommerce Subscription
- WooCommerce Shipment Tracking
- Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Order Status Manager
- WooCommerce Admin Order Custom Fields
- Flexible Checkout Fields
How Does YayMail Work?
YayMail is a great WooCommerce email customizer plugin. Its navigation and design make it a great choice. The plugin lets you change email templates to send customized emails to your clients.
The design interface uses the drag and drop principle. This makes it easier to add different design elements. You can also add columns, edit or add colors, headings, logos, images, dividers, videos, buttons, social share options, and much more.
The interface is somewhat similar to that of the Elementor page builder with the customizer on the left-hand sidebar and the email sample preview on the right side. You can make all the changes that you need from there.
YayMail allows you to use the drag and drop interface to add elements to the email builder. Every element that you add has its own block in the email template. It’s simple to alter the style, content, and other associated attributes. You can also drag and drop each block in the template to the location you want.
A live preview option is included in the plugin. You can review every change that you make before going live. You can see how the email will look on desktop and mobile devices.
Go to the WooCommerce menu and select the “Email Customizer” option after the plugin has been activated to use the email designer. A new side panel will appear. This is where you’ll find several helpful advanced elements for customizing all transactional emails that are sent.
Editor Upper Area
The upper menu lets you quickly switch between email templates, view shortcode lists, send a test email, clone, and reset the template.
Some of the main features in the horizontal section include:
- A dropdown menu with all of the WooCommerce email choices. The options can be viewed on the editor screen.
- A dropdown that lets you pick particular sample order. Sample orders are used to edit WooCommerce email selections.
- All of the shortcodes used when creating your email messages will appear in this section. All you need to do is copy the shortcode you want from this list and then paste it into the email template section where you want it to be.
- The ability to send a test email. This will show you what your email will look like in recipients’ inboxes.
- This option allows you to clear all customizations so that you have a blank editor area. This can be useful in some cases.
- Use it to copy a particular email template design and then paste it into a new email option. This allows you to tinker and use your design without creating it from scratch each time.
- This option resets the template. If you choose this option, you will lose any previously made customizations. Unfortunately, those changes can’t be recovered after a template has been reset.
- Enable/disable template option.
- The preview button will open a pop-up window and show you how it looks. Here you can view the design without the various editor screen choices.
- Click on the “save” option to save your edits whenever you want.
Email templates included: New order, Order canceled, Order failed, Order on-hold, Order processing, Order completed, Order refunded, Customer invoice, Customer note, Customer new account, Customer reset password, and more coming soon.
Editor Left Area
The left-hand portion of the editor screen has plenty of helpful features and functions. They are grouped under the two following primary tabs:
- Elements – This tab is design-focused. Here you’ll find buttons, columns, dividers, image lists, image choices, social media icons, tables, texts, video selections, and other essential design attributes.
- Settings – This tab is for the basic and advanced settings. You can enable or disable various emails and email templates, export and important different templates to and from your computer, or add custom CSS.
YayMail has many of the same basic design elements that you can find in page builders like Beaver Builder, Divi, Elementor, and other similar plugins. YayMail elements are separated into basic, general, and WooCommerce categories. From here, you can add multiple columns, buttons, image boxes, image list, dividers, and other options.
All currently available YayMail elements.
Each element has additional setting options. When you drag and drop elements in the editor field, just click on an element to see additional settings for it for deeper customization.
Example of additional settings for elements with divider and email heading elements.
There are also advanced elements for creating complicated options without extra effort. Some of the advanced functions include the ability to clone a full template, copy an element/block to another template, or import and export templates for multiple sites using the same YayMail addon.
The settings tab is divided into several sub-tabs called General, Email settings, Enable/disable templates, Reset templates, and Import/export templates. Under General, you can set container width, enable custom CSS, show product image and product SKU, display payment instruction, etc.
Email settings let you set background color and text link color, while under Enable/disable templates, you can turn on or off templates you wish to customize. Reset templates option resets all templates to default, and under Import/export, you can do as the name suggest.
How Much Does It Cost?
There is a free, basic version of YayMail. It can be downloaded from the WordPress repository for free. YayMail Pro offers additional features and functionality. The free version supports only built-in WooCommerce default emails, while the pro version supports many other WooCommerce plugins. You can check the differences between the free and pro versions.
YayMail Pro has a lot of bang for the buck at only $39. The price is your annual usage on a single site. For each additional site, you will need to pay $39.
Currently, there are no additional pricing plan options, so it can become expensive if you want to use it on several sites. It is also nowhere on site mentioned that price is yearly for a single site. This is only clear when you click on the purchase button.
If you don’t like the product, there is money-back guarantee so you can return it within 30 days of your purchase and receive a complete refund.
YayMail Review Conclusion
It is recommended to send WooCommerce follow up emails, notification emails, and other account related alerts. YayMail is a WordPress plugin that can help you customize WooCommerce default emails. It’s compatible with some other WooCommerce plugins, but you might also experience a few issues if you’re trying to pair it with certain other plugins for WooCommerce.
Its features and impressive design can transform routine emails into something extraordinary. You’ll have messages that can improve communication with your clients. Its vast array of useful functions make the plugin an ideal pick for company owners who want to spice things up a bit or have better control over their email messages.
You can take advantage of the live preview function to view your email format before sending it to customers. This can help you add any last-minute design elements, text, or other important content. Blocks can be dragged and dropped anywhere so that you can find their optimal positioning.
Many companies tend to take email customization for granted. Crafting customized emails gives your messages a more personal touch. They create a great first impression and give customers an added incentive for shopping with you regularly.
YayMail is a great choice if you need an amazing email customizer that’s effective and easy to use.
- Free version available
- Affordable price
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Various elements
- Vast amount of setting options
- Live preview option
- Easy to use
- No additional pricing plans so it can become expensive if you need to use on more than one site
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.