- Unlimited fixed date, recurring, evergreen and multipage campaigns
- Numerous design templates
- Fully mobile compatible and responsive
- Awesome countdown widgets and floating banners
- The lockdown feature
- Start the offer countdown automatically
- Need to s time developing sales funnels
- Overusing widgets and floating banners can slow down your site
Have you ever heard the phrase, “fear of missing out,” often abbreviated as FOMO? It’s something that we all experience at one point or another, and it is what this Thrive Ultimatum review will be about.
Fear of missing out hits us when we don’t want to lose an opportunity, and it affects us on a pretty instinctual level. Thrive Themes has created a plugin that works by generating that fear of missing out in website visitors. The plugin is called Thrive Ultimatum, and it boasts of skyrocketing conversions by using scarcity marketing.
What is scarcity marketing? You’ve seen it at work anytime you’ve read a time-sensitive offer. This tactic creates demand by showing visitors that your offer only lasts for so long.
This generates that feeling of missing out. If they don’t act now, they may never get another chance. Thrive Ultimatum uses several intelligent options to generate scarcity to boost conversions and reduce shopping cart abandonment on your WordPress site.
Thrive Ultimatum Review Features
You can use Thrive Ultimatum in a number of ways, but the most straightforward option generates a limited time offer. Whatever sale or promotion you decide to run will have an end date.
Of course, you can manage this manually, but with Thrive Ultimatum you don’t have to worry about forgetting to make changes on the end date. Instead, you can let the plugin handle any start and end dates for you.
The plugin lets you create a professional campaign quickly and easily, and manages the countdown automatically, with a selection of attractive timer widgets.
Thrive Ultimatum also has more advanced features such as automatically recurring campaigns. You decide how often to run campaigns and how long they should last, then let the plugin do the work of managing them.
An autopilot feature manages all the changes to your website for you, so you never have to deal with missed pages or changing sales links.
Where Thrive Ultimatum truly shines, however, is with the evergreen scarcity feature. I understand that it may sound like a contradiction in terms, but it makes a lot of sense when you start using it.
The evergreen campaign creates a sales funnel with a limited time offer catering to each potential customer who enters. Every prospective buyer has an individual time limit and countdown.
Every prospect’s limited time offer counts down independently from all others, but each buyer experiences it just like a campaign with a specific end date. So even though the offer expires for some prospects, new visitors will have an individual countdown all their own.
This evergreen scarcity campaign pairs with a lockdown feature giving you complete control over what content prospective buyers can access.
If they follow the funnel within the time limit, they’ll see the offer you want them too; everyone else will see either an “offer expired” page or their own countdown.
They can use a different device or browser, or clear their cookies, but they can’t fool Thrive Ultimatum’s countdown timer.
This only scratches the surface of what Thrive Ultimatum can do for you. Very few plugins have as many useful features as this one. It works well with other WordPress plugins such as Thrive Leads to use it as a powerful lead generation tool.
You can integrate Thrive Ultimatum with Thrive Clever Widget to show a specific offer on a specific page on your WordPress blogs. Other offers on separate pages will run intact.
Thrive Clever Widget helps show a specific widget for a particular page, a specific category, a particular post, or even random posts selected.
Thrive Ultimatum helps you to edit pre-running templates and add unique call-to-actions and other elements to make your offers even more converting.
Other noteworthy features include:
– Unlimited campaigns across multiple pages, allowing you to create specific offers catering to different segments.
– Professionally designed templates ready to go from the jump. Just input your information, and you’re ready to go with stylish countdown timers, banners, and widgets.
– You can also fully customize all templates with an easy to use drag and drop editor, and you can translate them into almost any language you might need.
– Place widgets and banners anywhere you want to across your site with floating banners.
– Unlimited campaigns for different offers, depending on where visitors accessed a campaign, what they’ve already expressed interest in or where they’re at in your sales funnel.
Thrive Ultimatum has so many features that you could get lost exploring them all.
Luckily, it comes with an easy to use interface, giving you intuitive control over this plugin, and you can get started with just a little input in Ultimatum’s many templates.
Creating Campaign With Thrive Ultimatum
On the dashboard, you can look at the overview of all the campaigns you are running and their performance. You can also create a new campaign on the dashboard itself.
Thrive Ultimatum also has predefined campaign templates that can help rapidly develop campaigns, so you don’t have to start from scratch. These predefined campaign templates are great for campaigns like seasonal sales or monthly specials.
Depending on which option you choose, you will have more or fewer options for where the banner will be shown. You can select where the widget is placed on your site. It can be a top or bottom banner, or sidebar widget. You can even generate a shortcode to be placed inside the content area.
You can assign a different design to be displayed at a certain time during your campaign period. For example, you start the campaign with a top ribbon and then move the campaign offer to a sidebar widget to be less intrusive after some time has passed.
The timeline feature is where you control this setting. You can set the places where you want to display your campaigns.
You can be very specific in terms of targeting like targeting all posts, pages or certain category posts, only some of the posts or pages or exclude some of the posts or pages. Once you choose the type of ribbon you want to display, there are many templates you can choose from.
Then you can further customize the countdown ribbon, by using the drag and drop editor, that’s the same as that of Thrive Architect.
You can fully customize the countdown timer, button colors, text, etc. You can also set trigger countdowns to automatically show up when a certain amount of time is over for the user.
For example, when the offer is about to expire within the next 3 hours, you can set the widget to orange color and show the text – “Hurry.” You can add as many triggers as possible.
For advanced needs, you can set up a lockdown campaign. The lockdown feature is optional. If you turn it on, the campaign pages will no longer be available once the campaign expires.
There’s also the option to push someone to a second campaign once they’ve converted the first. The second campaign would usually be an upsell. This way, you can move them up your product ladder, depending on their actions.
You can have different conversion goals inside a single Thrive Ultimatum campaign. Based on the conversion your visitor makes, you can, in turn, send them to a highly targeted campaign. This works very well in case of continuity marketing. Thrive Ultimatum specializes in running scarcity campaigns.
And there are three types of campaigns you can choose from: fixed date, recurring and evergreen. A fixed date campaign has a defined period when it starts and ends. You set the start date/ time and the end date/ time.
In a recurring campaign, you can select how frequently the campaign timer gets restarted. You can set it to repeat every few days or week, for example.
The third type of campaign is the evergreen campaign. There is a fixed period of time for the campaign, but it is per user. For example, you have an offer for all new visitors to your site. The offer lasts for six days. But the start and end date are relative to when a new visitor comes to your website.
Thrive Ultimatum Pricing
Thrive Ultimatum can be purchased only as part of the Thrive Suite membership. You pay $19 per month (billed annually). You get access to Thrive Ultimatum and to every single Thrive product:
- Thrive Theme Builder lets you create your own impressive, professional WordPress theme all by yourself. You can make your own headers, footers, 404 page, sidebars, category pages, page layout, and much more. I have compared Thrive Theme Builder vs Thrive Architect so check that to see differences between them.
- Thrive Quiz Builder allows you to create quizzes with branching logic to increase engagement and segment your growing email list based on the results. Check my Thrive Quiz Builder review for more information.
- Thrive Ovation will save you time and hassle in finding the perfect user testimonials for your site. Check Thrive Ovation review to see al features it provides as well as its pros & cons.
- Clever Widgets displays relevant content based on various targeting rules, categories, and more in your widget areas. Check Clever Widgets review for more information.
- Thrive Leads makes possible to design and implement various opt-in forms that can be displayed on your page in many ways. I have compared Thrive Leads vs OptinMonster, Thrive Leads vs Convert Pro, and Thrive Leads vs Sumo so you can see how it compares with other popular lead generation plugins. For more info check Thrive Leads review.
- Thrive Architect is a powerful drag and drop visual editor that lets you create content, forms, and pages and optimize them across resolutions and devices.
- Thrive Landing Pages allows you to build and implement powerful landing pages on your site with any of the hundreds of templates available.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer lets you optimize automatic engagement winner, set-and-forget A/B testing for all headlines.
- Thrive Apprentice – Create pro-looking courses straight from your WordPress dashboard.
- Thrive Comments – Brings the addictive triggers of social media and a conversion focus to your WordPress comments, through several innovative features like upvoting and downvoting, gamified comment incentives and an impressive number of after-comment-actions.
Thrive Suite comes with option to install the tools on up to 25 websites. If you need more, then you will need to buy Agency plan.
Thrive Ultimatum Advantages
Thrive Ultimatum has so many features that I could list off pros all day long.
To narrow the list down a bit, here are some of the pros that I find the most useful:
- Unlimited fixed date, recurring, evergreen, and multipage campaigns give you the flexibility to decide how best to use scarcity to grow your business.
- Different design templates you can put to work right away or customize to fit your brand.
- Awesome countdown widgets and floating banners look great while drawing visitors to your offers.
- All offers, banners, and timers are fully mobile compatible and responsive, so your campaigns will work on any device or platform.
- The lockdown feature creates an authentic feeling of scarcity in your campaigns since users can’t bypass it on another device or browser.
- You can even set things up so that new opt-ins or e-mail links can start the offer countdown automatically.
These features, plus many more, make this plugin an incredibly useful tool for increasing subscriptions or sales.
Thrive Ultimatum Disadvantages
Nothing is perfect, but Thrive Ultimatum comes pretty dang close!
I did find a few aspects of the plugin a little challenging, such as:
- The plugin boasts a lot of advanced features, but to make the most of them, you will need to spend a reasonable amount of time developing sales funnels for your campaigns.
- Take care not to overuse the scarcity model; if you have too many overlapping limited time offers that appear to the same segment of prospective buyers, they can grow accustomed to it.
- Overusing widgets and floating banners can slow down your site’s loading speeds.
- It would be great if the tool integrated better within an email marketing software.
- It would be great if there’s an admin tester feature to test the campaign before it goes live for users properly.
- One countdown timer widget per page is allowed.
You can overcome these cons by spending some extra time and digging into the process while taking care not to overuse certain features.
Thrive Ultimatum Review Final Conclusion
Scarcity does increase sales. We see it every year on Black Friday, so it shouldn’t surprise you to learn that you can use it to boost your opportunities!
Use scarcity marketing to draw more subscribers to your e-mail list using a limited time bonus. Add time limits to discount pricing to generate more affiliate sales.
Increase product sales with holiday promotions, boost new product launches or even incentivize purchases of old product all by using Thrive Ultimatum’s scarcity marketing. Whatever your business, the Thrive Ultimatum WordPress plugin can help you grow.
With extensive campaigns, you can present prospective buyers with the right limited time offer for them, complete with a countdown timer urging them to complete the sale.
With this plugin, you control how your customers perceive supply and demand and use that perception to generate sales. That’s scarcity marketing at its best!
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.