Most users either know about or are actively using Payoneer or PayPal. They are some of the most popular payment services. Both companies have been in existence for more than a decade, and they continue to grow every year. But when comparing Payoneer vs PayPal – which is better choice?
PayPal and Payoneer services are currently available in more than 200 nations around the world. In this Payoneer vs PayPal comparison, I will contrast the services these businesses provide to help you make an informed decision on which one is best for your needs.
Table of Contents
Payoneer vs PayPal
PayPal and Payoneer’s primary differences are their network relationships, security, and transfer fees. The main difference is in fees and the number of features they provide. PayPal also lets you send funds in many international currencies, and they have a bigger network of global partners.
- Price for opening personal account
- Price for opening business account
- Countries where you can open account
- Annual card fee
- Countries where card is available
- Available currencies for convert and hold
- Receive local bank details (having virtual bank account)
- Currencies in which you can get bank details
- Credit card payments fee
- Currency exchange fee
- Withdrawing money from ATM fee
- ATM limits
- 3D Secure payments
- Card limits
- Virtual cards
- Type of card
- Card contactless payments
- Number of physical cards you can have
- Disposable virtual cards
- Integration with accounting software
- Compatible with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Cryptocurrencies trading
- Recurring payments
- Direct debit
- Group bills
- Stock trading feature
- Commodities trading
- Payment gateway options
- It is available for most countries.
- You can hold account balance AUD, CAD, CNH, EUR, GBP, JPY, and USD. But you can perform transactions in over 150 currencies.
- AUD, CAD, CNH, EUR, GBP, JPY, and USD
- Free as long as the payment is in a currency that you currently hold.
- Up to 3.5%
- There's a fixed 1.50 EUR, USD, or GBP fee if withdrawing money in same currency. If differenct currency, exchange rate fee will be applied too.
- 30 ATM withdrawals for a total of $5000.
- The total daily spending limit is $5000, 30 ATM withdrawals for a total of $5000, 30 point of sale transactions for a total of $2500.
- Only Mastercard
- Each specific currency can be associated with only one active card. So 7.
- Not available
- Email, live chat, phone
- You can open account in almost any country.
- Only PayPal Prepaid Mastercard has fee ($4.95 monthly)
- Depends on the type of card (PayPal has severalcards)
- You can use 24 currencies as account currency balances. But you can perform transactions in various worldwide currencies.
- Not available
- Not available
- No cost if paying in same currency.
- PayPal charges 2.5% on top of the rate bank provides them.
- Based on location and depends on card.
- Depends on the type of card.
- Depends on the type of card.
- Yes (it is called PayPal Key)
- Only Mastercard
- I am not sure
- QuickBooks, Xero
- PayPal users in the United States can buy, sell and hold Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Etherium.
- Message, phone
NOTE: I will give my best to update data in comparison table but some info may be outdate as both services often change policies. Always check official site for most accurate info.
Payoneer is a financial services company that was founded in 2005. They provide clients access to working capital and are also used for digital payments and online fund transfers. Payoneer is a worldwide MasterCard Service Provider. Fiverr (check best Fiverr alternatives), Google and Airbnb are just some of the many companies that use their services. You can even receive Amazon affiliate payments using Payoneer.
Payoneer’s primary goal is to help companies pay one another and receive payments. This applies to both domestic and international businesses. Payoneer isn’t a merchant account provider or all-in-one payment service provider.
The company doesn’t provide organizations a payment gateway nor option to accept payments at the point of sale. Payoneer lets you use their platform to send and receive funds. It’s a service that they excel at. Still, there are solutions that can help. You can check useful WooCommerce Payoneer plugins that you can utilize to use Payoneer as payment gateway.
Payoneer supports 150 currencies in more than 200 nations. You can receive and send money domestically and internationally. You can also use a debit card to withdraw funds.
The company has prepaid MasterCards (no Visa card options are available at this time) that can be used to perform transactions. It can be used as a debit card for any type of transaction, including e-commerce. Payments are sent to Payoneer Mastercard rather than going into your online account.
You can get your money fast with Payoneer. You can use your card at any ATM in any country. Just keep in mind that there’s a $2,500 daily withdrawal limit. You’ll also be charged a foreign exchange fee of 1% on average.
Payoneer’s help desk has a collection of resources and a knowledge base if you need to find out more info. Their support staff can be reached by live chat, phone, and email from several offices in different countries.
Money can always be sent from your Payoneer account to your business bank account. You can use the funds from your Payoneer account to buy items online or at physical retail locations, and you can use ATMs to withdraw money from your account.
You can spend and withdraw money from your Payoneer account with the optional prepaid debit MasterCard, which is available for an annual fee of $29.95.
There’s also a Payoneer Android and iOS mobile application. It can’t be used to make payments and to manage funds in the account. For more info, be sure to check is Payoneer legit review where I go into more details regarding Payoneer.
If Payoneer is not what you need, then I suggest you check Payoneer competitors, and you might find perfect solution.
PayPal has gained a reputation for being one of the most trusted payment services for many years. The company has changed how people bank online and revolutionized financial technology.
More than 150 international markets and millions of customers use PayPal. It is known for its ability to work with many of the most popular payment processing systems used today.
PayPal is a payment processing brand that many people have grown to know and use regularly. Many tasks are automated due to their connections with various CRM and accounting platforms. A MasterCard similar to Payoneer is just one of the many services that they provide. PayPal’s Mastercard doesn’t have an annual maintenance fee.
Digital transaction management is what keeps many consumers and companies come back to PayPal. However, it might not be the ideal resource for every organization.
People don’t need to use just their bank account to make online transactions when using PayPal as it provides a simple, stress-free option. If you spend your existing PayPal account balance, you can connect a credit or debit card to your PayPal account.
PayPal’s risk department is something that most users have complaints about. Your PayPal balance can any time suddenly become frozen, and your account access restricted due to PayPal security measures. Although they have loosened their restrictions, it’s still possible that your PayPal account funds could become frozen for different reasons.
Their support team is pretty knowledgeable. Most of your time will probably be spent at the knowledge base or in their community forums. PayPal clearly wants you to figure out most of the problems you have on your own, so they direct you through a considerable amount of documentation that could very well resolve your problems.
PayPal does more than just provide an online payment method. It is a handy tool for online sellers, but they also have additional services, including third-party payment processing.
Online payments are the most commonly known PayPal service. You can accept bank and credit transfers with PayPal in the following three ways: Payments Standard, Payments Pro and the PayPal Checkout (previously known as the Express Checkout).
New services have been added in recent years. They include PayPal’s own payment application, tactics to prevent scammers from accessing customer data, and additional partnerships with well-known credit card companies.
NOTE: Check best WooCommerce PayPal checkout gateway plugins if you need good payment gateway plugin for your store.
In Which Countries Are Available?
Both Payoneer and PayPal are available in many countries.
You can use Payoneer in most countries around the globe. India doesn’t have access to the Payoneer Debit MasterCard at this time. However, the Global Bank Transfer Service can be used to send funds to your local bank via Payoneer.
PayPal supports various currencies and is available in more than 200 countries. You can find out which countries PayPal is available in by checking the PayPal WorldWide Offerings page. You can find out additional information by selecting the appropriate choice from the dropdown menu that appears.
WINNER: Both support a vast number of countries.
How Money Transfer Works?
Simple, fast sending, and receiving payments is essential to success, whether you are a freelancer, a business professional, or a company owner.
Freelancers, merchants, and companies can receive payments locally and internationally with Payoneer’s convenient payment services that extend across borders worldwide. All money is deposited directly into your local bank account. You can receive funds in more than 150 different currencies from over 200 countries quickly, safely, and at rates that won’t break your budget.
Your Payoneer account can receive bank transfers from marketplaces and companies in Canada, Mexico, the United States, Japan, the EU, and the UK. Your Payoneer account operates much like traditional bank accounts.
Customers from various countries can send you money once you provide them with your account information. Money can also be taken out in your local currency when funds are sent from your Payoneer account to your local bank account.
You can even use the Make A Payment service to pay contractors, suppliers, and team members. Funds from your Payoneer account will be distributed directly to those and other professionals that you select. Recipients aren’t required to have their own Payoneer account. Sending funds to people who have Payoneer accounts can be done at no charge. A minimal fee is charged for transfers that are sent to bank accounts.
PayPal’s smartphone application or website can be used to access their online services. All you need to do is add a payment method to your account, add funds and then choose another PayPal account to pay.
Money can be transferred to bank accounts and other PayPal accounts. PayPal’s money transfer service Xoom allows you to send funds to bank accounts. Certain fees can be associated with these transactions.
You can also send money to the transfer pick-up point for a cash pick-up or to a bank account. There are fees assessed for these operations. PayPal is one of the most widely used fund transfer services. The main factors that drive up the price are the exchange rate and transfer fees.
What Card Options Are Offered?
Cards allow you to withdraw money at ATMs. They can also be used to purchase goods at traditional brick and mortar retail stores and online merchants’ websites. How can you know which card to use? We’ll use this section to compare Payoneer and PayPal card offerings.
Your Payoneer account balance can be used in connection with their virtual and physical cards. These cards will work at any place that accepts MasterCard payments, including many stores, sites, and ATM locations.
Eligibility for the card is based on a minimum of $100 in payments received to your Payoneer account in the last 6 months. Skrill, PayPal, and other e-Wallet account payments and in-network payments (such as ones made with Make A Payment) are not factored in.
Be noted Payoneer can’t issue cards to people with a Russian shipping or billing address anymore because of recent regulatory changes. Your Payoneer account menu will show the Order Card option for eligible customers.
You can either request a card from your online account after your application has been completed, or you can make the card request while you’re entering the application information. These options will be based on your location. Only one currency can be linked with one active card.
Payoneer MasterCard can be used anywhere where MasterCard is accepted. This includes many physical and online locations across the globe. It can be used to buy goods and services and withdraw funds at ATMs. Online transactions can be completed at any site that takes MasterCard as a payment method.
The following daily limits apply to Payoneer cards:
- You can make up to 30 ATM withdrawals for a total of $5000.
- You can make up to 30 point of sale transactions for a total of $2500.
- The total daily spending limit of your Payoneer card is $5000.
These daily limits are set in accordance with regulations set by MasterCard and cannot be increased.
When it comes to credit cards, PayPal offers several options. PayPal has the Extras MasterCard and Cashback MasterCard credit cards. Their debit card options are the Prepaid MasterCard and the Cash MasterCard. They also have the digital credit line known as PayPal Credit. This isn’t linked with a credit or debit card.
1. PayPal Extras Mastercard
This credit card from Synchrony Bank is used to create a PayPal credit account that you can borrow funds from. You’ll have to qualify for this card as you’d expect with any other kind of credit card or consumer loan. PayPal will ask for information regarding your credit and income history and review your credit.
You can earn points with the Extras MasterCard as you spend money. Some transactions can garner anywhere from one to three points per transaction. Those points can then be used as cash that goes back to your PayPal account or acquire travel vouchers or gift cards.
There are no annual fees associated with this card. Interest and other fees may be charged if you don’t pay your monthly balances on time.
2. PayPal Cashback Mastercard
You need to apply and be approved for this Synchrony bank MasterCard, just like the Extras MasterCard. In addition, you must also have an account with PayPal to apply for the Cashback card.
Cardholders earn 2% back on every purchase made with this card. Cashback rewards can only be redeemed into your own PayPal account. There are no annual fees, purchase limits, or redemption thresholds with this card.
Customers can either have an Extras MasterCard or a Cashback MasterCard. Unfortunately, PayPal doesn’t allow people to have both cards at the same time.
3. PayPal Prepaid Mastercard
This MasterCard is a prepaid debit card. Money is loaded onto the card before those funds can be used to buy products and services, much like many other traditional debit cards. You can control your spending because you can monitor your purchases to see how much money was loaded and how much was spent.
You can manage your card by using PayPal’s mobile app. The card does not pull funds directly from your PayPal account balance, but you can transfer funds from that account to your prepaid card account.
Some costs are involved with this card. To make as many purchases as you want and keep the account open, you’ll need to pay a $4.95 monthly fee. Charges for using an ATM to check your balance and cash withdrawal fees based on location may also apply.
4. PayPal Cash Mastercard
The PayPal Cash MasterCard operates much like many other debit cards issued by banks. The money in your PayPal Cash Plus account balance can be used to purchase items with this card.
You must have funds from either transfers or payments received into your PayPal Cash Plus to use the card. Transactions will be rejected if there isn’t enough money in that balance to cover them.
There are no minimum balances or monthly fees associated with this card. Fees may be applied to fund transfers or withdrawals. A $2.50 charge will be added to all domestic ATM withdrawals. Using the PayPal app to add funds to your balance will cost $3.95. Other charges may also apply.
WINNER: PayPal, but only if you need all the additional credit card options that it offers.
Which Currencies Are Available?
Individuals and businesses that regularly receive and accept payments in different currencies need a good service to take those kinds of payments. They should also have reasonable conversion rates and fees.
Payoneer accepts AUD, CAD, CNH, EUR, GBP, JPY, and USD currencies to have an account balance in. But you can perform transactions in over 150 currencies.
Using Global Payment Service, you can accept USD from companies in the United States transferred via ACH, EUR from companies in the EU transferred via SEPA, GBP from companies in the UK transferred via BACS and FPS, and JPY from companies in Japan transferred via Zengin.
PayPal allows customers to use these currencies as account currency balances and payments for their accounts: USD, RUB, NZD, HUF, HKD, CNY, EUR, TWD, GBP, THB, CHF, PLN, MYR, DKK, CAD, SEK, PHP, JPY, BRL, SGD, NOK, ILS, CZK, and AUD. But you can perform transactions in various worldwide currencies.
WINNER: PayPal allows to have an account balance in more currencies than Payoneer.
What Exchange Rates Are Offered?
The exchange rate is how a particular nation’s currency is valued compared to the currency of another economic zone or country. Understanding exchange rates can help you save money and prevent losing money when traveling or conducting business.
If the currency used for a specific transaction isn’t the same as what’s in your Payoneer card, a currency conversion fee will be added. Let’s say that you’re paying for something in the UK. If you’re paying with a card issued in the US, you’ll be charged in GBP by the merchant. Your currency will be converted automatically for the transaction.
MasterCard conversion rates are used for purchases made with your Payoneer card. MasterCard’s Currency Conversion Tool can be used to estimate your conversion amount. In addition, Payoneer applies a currency conversion charge of up to 3.5%.
PayPal doesn’t use the mid-market range like Payoneer does during currency exchange. Their rates can vary because they’re based on rates received from the banks. This is less than ideal in terms of currency exchange rates because most bank rates aren’t transparent nor great.
Additionally, PayPal charges 2.5% on top of the rate bank provides them. This makes more money for the bank and PayPal but can be rather expensive for users.
Sales made using PayPal gateway, product, or service will have transaction fees. Clients will be charged a fixed fee according to the currency used and PayPal’s 2.9% transaction fee.
Transactions made outside the United States will have a fixed currency fee and be charged another 4.4% transaction fee by PayPal.
Invoices can be sent to your clients without any fees on them. Unfortunately, they’ll be affected by PayPal’s high exchange rate and any other applicable charges when they send payment.
WINNER: Payoneer has better currency exchange rates than PayPal, but not by much.
Which Costs & Fees Are Charged?
Fees and other charges are an essential consideration when comparing services. It’s a good idea to learn what free services are offered and which ones are paid.
Payoneer’s site has the majority of its fees listed. The following is a summary of their fees. These fees are listed in rates that are charged in the United States.
- It’s free to receive funds from another Payoneer customer.
- It’s free to receive funds in your Payoneer account in AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY, MXN, and USD.
- Direct receipt of funds from your clients will be charged a 1% fee if the money was transferred with an ACH bank debit. A 3% fee will be charged if money was sent by credit card.
- Fees will be based on the company on transactions conducted with Payoneer’s partner networks and marketplaces.
- If receiving funds via marketplaces and networks that pay with Payoneer, fees will vary depending on the company.
- There’s a 1% fee on funds sent by ACH bank debit.
- Funds can be sent by credit card for a 3% fee.
- If sending money via bank transfer, a 1% fee is charged.
- People can send money from one Payoneer account to another at no charge.
- There may be a fee of up to 2% added to transfers made from a Payoneer account to a receipt’s bank account.
- A fixed 1.5 fee in GBP, EUR, or USD will be applied to transactions made in the same currency in certain situations. The fee will be applied to transactions made in the same nation listed on your Payoneer profile or in a country where the payment is the local currency. It will also be added to payments made to another account in the same currency as your balance.
- There’s a fixed 1.50 EUR, USD, or GBP fee applied to withdrawals made when taking money out of a bank account in the same currency.
- The bank account that you’re taking money out of has to be a nation whose official currency matches the currency for that bank account. For instance, you shouldn’t have any issues in withdrawing U.S. dollars from a bank in the United States. However, you can’t do the same for a USD account in Germany.
- Pay attention to your billing address country. Billing addresses registered in the EU or UK can withdraw GBP or EUR in those nations. People who want to withdraw USD to a United States bank account but live in the UK aren’t eligible. They may also have a fee of up to 2% added to their transaction.
- Payoneer will charge a $29.95 fee to any customers who keep their accounts open for 12 months but don’t make any transactions on their card or account during that time.
- A 0,5% fee will be added on transfer amounts for international currency exchanges.
Payoneer Prepaid Card Fees
- There’s an annual card fee of 24.95 GBP, 29.95 USD, or 24.95 EUR.
- You can get a replacement card for 9.95 GBP, 9.95 EUR, or 12.95 USD.
- There are no fees for purchases online or at physical retail locations. International transactions may have a cross-border fee.
- You may be charged a currency conversion fee of up to 3.5% on GPB, EUR, and USD cards.
- ATM withdrawal fees are 1.95 GBP per transaction, 2.50 EUR per transaction, or 3.50 USD per transaction.
- ATM decline fees are 0.65 GBP per transaction, 0.80 EUR per transaction, or 1.00 USD per transaction.
- ATM balance inquiry fees are 0.65 GBP per inquiry, 0.80 EUR per inquiry, or 1.00 USD per inquiry.
International transfer fees will be based on how the transfer is funded and where the money is being sent. There’s no charge to send funds to relatives and friends living in the US or Canada. An additional 5% will be added to the transaction amount if you’re trying to send money to a different nation from a linked bank account or your PayPal account.
There are additional charges for using a debit card, credit card, or PayPal credit to fund your transfer. Fees in those instances can range from 3.4 to 3.9%. Another small fixed fee may be charged on top of that, depending on the currency used.
It’s free to open a PayPal account. No funds are charged for receiving money from people in the US that is sent on the PayPal site using a bank account or PayPal account or a combination of both methods.
You can also use PayPal to buy items in stores or online. A transaction fee may be applied if you receive money from selling goods or services such as selling merchandise on eBay or other similar websites.
Sending or receiving payments from people in other countries will also have fees added to those transactions. PayPal claims that withdrawing funds directly from your bank account is free, but withdrawing money outside the UK or United States will usually have an added fee. Certain banks may add individual charges for PayPal withdrawals.
Payments refunded to clients will also have a reversed payment fee added to them. PayPal will keep the fixed fee (typically about 30 cents in USD for domestic payments), and you’ll get the remainder of your paid fee. The fee section of PayPal’s site has more information about different fees. I recommend visiting that page because there are too many fees to include in this article.
WINNER: Payoneer has slightly lower fees than Paypal but not by far.
Is Business Account Available?
Business accounts are important if you deal with other businesses or have a company.
Payoneer makes international business transactions easy. You can sell in international markets, bill your clients worldwide, pay overseas business expenses, receive payments in different currencies, and more.
Local currency accounts can be opened in MXN, SGD, JPY, AUD, EUR, SGD, CNH, EUR, GBP, and USD and get paid as easily as having a local bank account.
Companies in the following countries can pay you in local currency to your local receiving account:
|United Kingdom||GBP||BACS or FPS|
|Mexico||MXN||SPEI or TEF|
|Singapore||SGD||GIRO/ACH, FAST, or MEPS|
Each payment in USD received by local bank transfer will have a fee of 0-1 %. There are no additional fees for payments that are received in other currencies.
Payoneer will use the applicable market rate automatically for conversions. They will also automatically deduct the 0.5% fee from the amount being transferred. This makes it easy to tell just how much money you’re going to receive from each transaction.
A few clicks of the mouse is all that it takes to request payment from your customers across the globe. For instance, you might be a freelancer working with a client that you’re building a new site for. In that case, you may be asking them for payment for your site development services.
At this time, Request a Payment doesn’t support payments made by individuals who are trying to buy items in your store. This option isn’t intended to be used as an online store’s payment gateway. Payoneer can be used to accept payments from iStock, Airbnb, Upwork, 99Designs, Fiverr, and many of their other business partners.
You can send and receive payments from any PayPal account. PayPal accounts can be personal and business.
Personal accounts are suggested for people who pay bills and shop online. They can be used to receive or send payments for joint expenses or by individuals or casual sellers who want to receive payment for the items that they sell or to buy goods and services online.
Business accounts are recommended for organizations that work under a company or group name. These accounts have more features, such as a customer service email alias that allows for quicker response times and giving limited account access to up to 200 employees. Unfortunately, it is hard to find and mention all business account related fees, so I was not able to include them in this article.
PayPal Business accounts give company owners two payment processing choices. Those are PayPal Standard and PayPal Pro.
PayPal Payments Standard is a basic PayPal business account that’s free from maintenance charges. All payment methods (except payments made by the virtual terminal, fax, or telephone) are accepted. Simple PCI compliance functions, free support via phone, and other standard PayPal business account features are included.
This is a great option for start-up companies and businesses who want to take an easy approach to accept payments on their e-commerce platform or business website. Clients will be redirected to PayPal’s site to make payments. Afterward, they will be returned to the company’s site.
PayPal Payments Pro is an upgrade from Payments Standard. It has all of the basic account features and allows you to take payments by the virtual terminal, phone, and fax.
Payments Pro account owners can also effectively manage their checkout pages. This is very helpful for site owners and managers who want to stand out above the competition. Clients will stay on the site when paying for their purchases instead of redirecting to the PayPal website. A $30 monthly maintenance fee is required for this option.
PayPal business accounts provide more than just payment processing services. PayPal debit card eligibility and invoicing are some of the included features, as well as the functions listed above.
WINNER: It depends on what you need. If you need a local bank account, then the winner is Payoneer. But if you need to accept payments on your site, then PayPal.
Are Other Services Provided?
While Payoneer doesn’t have additional noteworthy service options, PayPal has a plethora of other features (if you have use of them):
- PayPal Checkout – This option integrates Smart Payout Buttons. These buttons will be added to your store so that a single click of the mouse is all that’s required for customers to buy items. There’s no need to fill out long order forms which may ask for sensitive personal information. PayPal will also give you the client’s shipping address and contact details if needed.
- PayPal Business Loans and Working Capital – Companies in need of additional funds to help grow and expand their operations may want to take advantage of this opportunity.
- PayPal Marketing Solutions – This feature suite can tell you how clients interact with your checkout experience, how much customers spend on your site, and how often consumers are shopping on your store. You’ll need to copy and paste a section of code to your site to activate this feature.
- Social Media Selling – If you want to sell products or services through your social media accounts and don’t have a website, you can make an embedded payment link placed on your Twitter, Facebook, and other social media pages. “Checkout on Facebook and Instagram” is a separate function that lets you use Instagram Shopping Tools and your Instagram page to sell items.
- Pay In 4 – PayPal invented this deferred payment installment option to compete with Klarna and other similar companies. Pay in 4 allows customers to pay for purchases in a series of four installments that are interest-free. The first payment is a down payment that is due when the order is made. The remaining three payments will be due in 15-day increments.
- Shipping Discounts – You can use UPS discounts and USP Commercial Base pricing when you use and create online shipping labels in PayPal.
- Cryptocurrency Support – PayPal users in the United States can buy, sell and hold Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Etherium. Customers will, in the future, be able to use crypto to pay for purchases from PayPal merchants.
- QR Code Payments – PayPal merchants can accept In-store payments using QR codes.
- PayPal Here – This is the mobile processing application that PayPal created.
- Point of Sale (POS) System Integrations – You can work with PayPal POS partners to connect their services with your business.
- Payflow Payment Gateway – PayPal’s online processing resources include this convenient payment gateway.
- PayPal.me – This is a payment service similar to Venmo. Payments to and from customers, friends, and family members can be sent using this app.
- PayPal LoanBuilder – This is a new loan service offered by PayPal. You can apply for short-term loans.
- Virtual Terminal – This option can let you take payments over the phone. A browser window will let you enter key card numbers in the virtual terminal for these transactions.
WINNER: PayPal offers various additional features that Payoneer doesn’t have.
Which Is Better? Payoneer or PayPal
So which is better when comparing PayPal vs Payoneer? Payoneer does a better job at offering international money transfer options to businesses. PayPal excels at providing payment gateways for small to medium-sized online companies.
Payoneer’s primary strength is its resources that help foreign online seller platforms connect. They allow international companies to receive net revenue at lower rates than using traditional online seller foreign money transfer processes.
PayPal’s payment gateway can be used by merchant accounts to create an e-commerce platform that they host themselves. PayPal WooCommerce or WordPress plugins are common examples of this situation.
Payoneer’s prices for currency exchanges are less expensive than PayPal. Payoneer was created with companies in mind. It works well for businesses of varying sizes, service and product marketplace transactions, freelancers, and busy professionals. Customers converting money with Payoneer will be charged a flat 2% fee.
PayPal is a good choice for making transactions in the same country. It’s ideal for sending money to friends and family and making domestic purchases. It can be rather costly to conduct international transactions with PayPal. Currency exchanges that typically go with many international transactions will have an expensive transfer fee.
Payoneer concentrates on international transactions, freelancers, online marketplaces, and companies. They let clients receive and send payments from marketplaces and businesses in many countries. They use the status of the beneficiary and the sender’s Payoneer accounts to determine their currency exchange service, unlike other comparable payment service companies.
Commercial transactions are also one of Payoneer’s strengths. Payment solutions and direct currency conversions make it easier for organizations to pay freelancers and employees properly.
PayPal offers a vast array of impressive business services. It can successfully handle payment integrations on site, sending emails and invoices, and a whole lot more.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.