Editing videos isn’t always easy, but it doesn’t have to be complex, either. Using intuitive video editing software that doesn’t require a lot of advanced technical knowledge can help you create all kinds of unique, appealing video creations.
Amateurs can make professional-looking videos with the help of software that performs multiple editing functions. But new editing software solutions are being introduced regularly, so it may be challenging to determine which tool is right for you.
AceMovi Video Editor has built a reputation as a reliable video editing resource. It can simplify narration and comes with useful titles, transitions, effects, filters, and other features. You can edit videos quickly and add image, video, and audio elements from the stock library that’s included.
In this AceMovi Video Editor review, I will discuss some of this software’s functions, like screen recording options and video formats. I’ll examine all that this tool has to offer before making a final assessment.
AceMovi Video Editor Review
You’ll have both screen recording and editing functions with the AceMovi Video Editor. Videos can be imported and altered, or recorded right from your screen. A preview window will be on the top of your screen, and a timeline will be close to the bottom of the screen in the primary view.
Most people who have edited videos before should be accustomed to this kind of setup. Clips can be rearranged in the timeline as you see fit. The preview window allows you to see changes. You can add audio elements to tracks, add transitions and make other edits to the timeline.
It shouldn’t take you much time to learn and master this system. Even people who have never edited any videos before can understand the video editor’s functions quickly. A mouse and keyboard are all that’s required. Shortcut keys can help to maximize efficiency.
The correct edition of AceMovi will need to be installed on your Windows or Mac computer. It’s compatible with Mac OS 10.8 and later and Windows XP and on. You don’t need the newest machine with the latest operating system to run the software and start editing videos.
AceMovi is a powerful video editing tool that comes with many features to quickly create and improve any video with a large number of video effects, filters, patterns, etc.:
- Platform support – High-quality videos can be created on Windows and Mac computers.
- Format support – LG TV, PSP, Xbox, Huawei, Galaxy Series, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, OGV, 3GP-2, 3GP, MPG, MKV, MOV, M4V, and MP4 are some of the devices and formats currently supported.
- Basic operations – You can adjust speed, rotate, split, and crop videos. Other functions can also be performed, such as dragging, exporting, sharing videos, adding transitions, music, and other effects, importing media, and recording your screen.
- Advanced operations and recording – Websites, software, PPT, and video calls can be recorded on your Windows or Mac device. You can also complete operations such as adding audio, text, behaviors, animations, transitions, and filters to your creations.
- Stock library – Many templates, music tracks, images, and videos are available from the included stock library. They can be added to your projects as you see fit.
- Real-time preview – Videos can be previewed as you’re making changes to them.
- Social media sharing – Videos can be exported and shared to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and other similar sites or on your local computer.
- Custom resolutions – Screen can be saved with custom resolutions.
- No steep learning curve – You don’t need much editing expertise or experience to use this software.
- Tutorials for video editing – Several helpful video editing tutorials can help to improve your final video.
- Multiple output formats – A high-resolution desktop version or a mobile screen size are the predetermined output formats.
- Text editor – Text presets allow you to implement various animated and text elements to your videos.
- Filters – You can enhance your videos with the different overlays and filters that are available.
- Great transitions – Zoom, whisk, split, merge, push, wipe, slide and fade are the fundamental transitions that can be used. Duration and mode change choices let you alter each transition.
- Keyframing – Different video attributes can be customized through keyframing. Video clips and elements can have their position, scale, orientation, and opacity.
- Split-screen – AceMovi allows you to divide as many as six screens at a time. Each screen will have control choices.
AceMovi’s video editing interface is very similar to many other comparable tools. You can edit any video that you choose using the options that are listed below:
- Import window – When you’re ready to edit videos, this is where you’ll begin. Audio, video, and other graphics can be added to your project from this window. Choose the file that you want and select the Import option. It should only take a few moments for the requested file to be imported.
- Built-in library – The library has plenty of background music, sound effects, motions, effects, and predesigned animations to pick from. You can begin editing once you’ve dragged and dropped your selected content.
- Editing toolbar – You can modify, trim and edit existing content in this section.
- Editing timeline – Here, you can drag and drop animations, graphics, audio and visual elements, and layers into your videos. More than one timeline can be created. These timelines can then be implemented as various video editing layers.
- Edit window – Certain files that you specify can be altered in this window. Just pick the video from the Editing timeline that you want and perform the necessary adjustments.
- Preview window – Your editing can be reviewed side by side in this section. Any changes made in the preview window will be applied temporarily so that you can view them and make further edits as needed.
Selecting the “import” option from the menu bar that appears on the top of your screen will let you upload and edit the media files. You can also record monitor activity by pressing the Record button.
The Media Library on the left-hand side will have anything that’s been recorded and imported. It acts like a palette or clipboard in which you can drag and drop any clip.
A small toolbar can be found between the media library and the timeline. Inside this toolbar are controls for zooming, cropping, and splitting videos. You can trim the end or beginning of different videos and add a timestamp to videos.
Selecting the Settings option will bring up the Edit window that gives you more choices. You can adjust your video’s color balance, volume, and position. Images can be sharpened or softened, and you can add effects and other elements from the editing menu.
When you click the “Audio” icon, you can instantly start searching for sound effects. Filters similar to the ones you’ve probably seen on Instagram can be applied along with text overlays. There are many different background images, stickers, and arrows in the Elements menu.
Transitions and animations can also be applied. Transitions between different clips are improved with transitions. You can implement animations for a few seconds to a portion of a video clip or the whole video. Mosaics and other effects can be managed with Regional controls. The split-screen feature is another useful option. You can preview your completed work before exporting.
AceMovi Conversion & Formats
Creating the final file is the last step in the process. Videos can be output for Xbox and iPad and in OVG, 3GP, 3GP-2, MOV, MPG, MKV, and MP4 formats as needed.
Each video will be optimized for the particular system that it’s intended for. You can also output videos directly to YouTube, Facebook, etc. Videos are optimized for the site that they are sent to.
This makes it simpler to upload because you won’t have to worry about what format to use for the social media site you want your creations to be posted on.
Screen Recording & Other Extras
You can record your screen as well as record presentations and Zoom calls if you want. Your video content can be changed by adding stock audio and videos from the included library.
You can use whatever elements from this collection that you want. The template and content collection continue to expand, and it does complement the software suite very well.
You can buy the AceMovi Video Editor on a monthly or yearly basis. The cost for a one-month license is $19.95. Purchasing the tool for a one-year license will be well worth the expense if you plan on editing videos regularly.
You can opt for the free version as well. You’ll see a watermark that will be applied to the top of any videos edited with the free version. This is the only primary difference between the free and paid version. You can try the free version to see if this is the right video editing tool for your needs.
You have your pick of three paid plans. The paid plans are as follows:
- The one-month plan is available for $19.95 per month.
- You can buy the one-year plan for $39.95 annually.
- There’s also a lifetime plan that can be acquired for $59.95 as a one-time cost.
The same features will be provided, regardless of whether you buy the one-month plan, the one-year plan, or the lifetime plan.
Pros & Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using AceMovi Video Editor.
- The interface is very intuitive.
- All major video and audio formats are supported.
- The options in the stock library are impressive.
- There are Windows and Mac versions of the tool.
- Free version available.
- There isn’t a Linux version at this time.
- Can’t export audio-only content.
AceMovi Video Editor Review Conclusion
The AceMovi Video Editor is a great tool. All major video formats are supported. The software won’t limit you in terms of outputs or sources. There are text overlays, animations, transitions, and many other effects that can be applied.
New audio can be overdubbed, presentations can be created with split-screen, and videos can be spliced together. You’ll have more resources at your disposal, thanks to the built-in stock library, to give your videos a more professional look and feel.
Frequent users are probably better off buying a one-year or lifetime license. The interface is straightforward, and the AceMovi Video Editor is incredibly effective and flexible. It can be used to create all kinds of unique, appealing videos in no time.
If AceMovi is not to your liking, then you can check alternatives such as Clipchamp and Kapwing, Lightricks Boosted, Animoto, Movavi Video, HitPaw Video Editor or FlexClip. For creating eye-catching graphics, great tools are Canva, and PicMonkey.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.