SEO Content Machine
- Free trial option
- Multiple sources of content
- integrated with the spinners and article re-writers
- Fast content generating
- User-friendly interface
- Insert your own images and videos into content
- Comes with free spinner
- Scraped images and videos are not of best quality
- Content titles are usually not good
- Created content is far from usable
- It ‘d be nice if trial period is longer
- Translate content feature uses Google or Bing service
Article generator tools are very popular these days, so I decided to test and write SEO Content Machine review.
Let’s be honest. Writing articles is sometimes a boring and time-consuming process. Especially if you manage more than one site and you need to write dozens of unique and engaging posts throughout the week.
Creating content for a website can be a pretty hard task to do. You cannot just generate content in a second. You need to make proper content and keyword research. Add images, videos and put it all in one informative and useful article.
It is no wonder people seek the easier way. In most cases, there are two options if you need extra help. Either hire a professional writer or purchase article spinner who will rewrite the content, so you receive new unique content.
The first option demands a lot of money, and the second one does not guarantee grammatically correct human-readable articles (usually text generated needs a lot of corrections).
Putting aside the moral and other aspects of using article generator tools, I opted for a trial version of SEO Content Machine (SCM) and decided to put it on a test.
Below you will see what options and features SCM provides, the quality of content generated, and which article generator is better. Article Forge or SEO Content Machine.
Table of Contents
SEO Content Machine Review – Article Generator
SEO Content Machine is not a unique idea. There are many similar tools available.
The idea behind article generators is to create spun articles that can produce unique articles with different paragraphs and sentence counts with words replaced with synonyms.
They scrape articles from the Web which are already published based on keywords from search engines, blogs, article directories, Web 2.0 properties, etc. Users can even provide their own scraped articles or PLRs.
These tools combine all articles by mixing sentences and generating paragraphs with synonyms. The process then gives spun articles with spin tax.
Article generator tools can insert images and videos, use different content formatting options, add spun links in various positions of articles, and many other options.
You can then export generated content into a special format to fill the fields automatically for different SEO tools like GSA SER, SenukeXcr, Magic Submitter, Licorne AIO, Ultimate Demon, etc.
SEO Content Machine is one of those products. It can do all those functions and much more. But is the quality of content something you would publish on your website?
What Separates SEO Content Machine From Other Tools?
Here are some of SEO Content Machine features:
I recommend everyone to try before purchasing by utilizing a free 5 day trial with no credit card required. SEO Content Machine is software, and it needs to be downloaded to use.
Once downloaded and opened, you will see the user dashboard. It may look confusing at first, as there is a little bit of a learning curve.
SCM dashboard contains easy access to all the main functions of the program:
- Mass Article Creator – From here, you produce content. Insert your own custom paragraphs, links, images, and videos using this tool. Content can come from online web sources, articles on your hard drive, etc. Generate multiple articles based on an input keyword. You can enter up to 1000 keywords. In the case of a failure, the program will resume processing files.
- Writing Assistant– Enter a keyword, specify a language and URL limitation to generate a single article. The more URLs you allow, the longer it takes to fetch content. You can use it to produce many topic-related sentences for your next article.
- Static Page – Enter URL, and SCM will extract all page content in text format.
- Dynamic Web Page – SCM will allow you to select page parts to fetch the content text.
- 5. Search & News – Only download articles with a set minimum number of words from the top 300 Google search results.
- Archive.org – Use this feature to uncover articles that aren’t available on the internet and then download that articles from Archive.org.
- RSS – Scrape RSS feeds based on your set criteria.
- YouTube Subtitle – Download YouTube videos subtitles.
- Web Crawler
- Images -Using this feature, you can embed images into your content. Perform a search of videos and images relevant to your keyword and download them.
- Videos – Embed videos to your articles.
- AI Paraphraser -As the name says, it’s a tool for paraphrasing. It will convey the original content’s meaning in a new manner. Be noted that paraphrasing is not the same as rewriting.
- Upload WP Post -Publish folder with articles to multiple WordPress blogs simultaneously. You can even randomize the posting schedule.
- Create WP XML – Create an XML file from existing articles on your hard drive.
- Email Post – Send articles to WordPress and Blogger remotely.
- Spin And Translate – Translate content from one language to another. Bing or Google translate can be used, so you know it will not be the best translation.
- Profile Creator – Create a super spun about me paragraph that you can use in article resource boxes.
- Combine Keywords – Combine multiple keywords to make one long-tail keyword.
- CSV Template Merge – Merge CSV file and template file.
- Preview Article – Edit and preview option for generated articles.
- Template Editor – This option enables you to modify or customize the template, which can be reused for future use.
- Settings – Several various settings for SCM.
- API Logins – Here, you can integrate SCM with third-party tools.
- ChangeLog -Here, you will find updates to the software and the dates when updates were made. This is where you’ll find information on anything from bug fixes to tool changes.
- Tutorial Video – Redirect to the SCM YouTube page with many tutorial videos.
- Contact Us – Reach out to the developer via email.
Mass Article Creator
Mass Article Generator feature is divided into several tabs. Those are Article Settings, Content Inserts, Custom Content, URL/Content Filter, and Links.
The first tab is the article settings tab. This is an important area as you tell the program the keywords for finding content, the output, and the location of the final article.
Selecting content-rich keywords means your generated articles are of higher quality. Where possible, input keywords that will return many editorials, articles, and reviews.
The article creator will search for content using each keyword that you place in the keyword box. If you paste in 200 keywords, the article creator will search all 200 keywords one at a time.
Make sure all your keywords are related. Otherwise, the final article will contain content from many different keywords all mashed together.
You can set the number of paragraphs generated, the size of the article, and the number of URLs that SCM will search when generating content.
You can select a spinner to use on scraped content if you wish. Available spinners are Soft Spin, The Best Spinner, SpinnerChief, WordAI (see WordAi review), Spin Rewriter (check Spin Rewriter review), ESpinner, Chimp Rewriter, X-Spinner, SpinnerBr, SistemaSpinnerBr, ArticleSpinnerFr, and some other options.
Soft Spin is a free option that comes with the tool. It supports English and Vietnamese. Custom Thesaurus is another free option.
If you don’t have a paid content spinner, you can use the free spinner that SCM provides, Soft Spin. Spinning content in foreign languages is supported in some spinners such as X-spinner, SpinnerChief, etc.
Add questions and answers, lists, and subheadings to your content in this step. Additionally, you can add videos, images, Instagram posts, and tweets.
Here are some things that you can do:
- Downloaded subheadings will be inserted as often as required with the specified tag list. Subheading tags will be inserted in sequential order using the CSV list.
- You can insert lists into the middle of your article.
- Inserts questions and answers from Google searches into your article.
- Using a keyword or a Twitter username, embed the most recent tweets into the article as Twitter embeds.
- Insert recent posts from Instagram into the article as embed.
- Toggle the insert images section to specify how many images be inserted into your article.
- Toggle the insert video section to insert a YouTube video automatically into your article. You can choose to insert videos using a simple keyword search or even videos from your own channel or username.
You can insert your own images into articles. If you are using WordPress, you can insert images as post thumbnails (featured images).
If you want to scrape your own list of images for better relevance, set the image source to “Custom.” You can right-click anywhere on the custom textbox to open up the image scraper tool.
Under the “Usage images from” option, click on the drop-down box and select “Custom.” This will enable the custom URL text box where you can paste your links to your own images.
You can also add YouTube videos. Or insert your own video code by choosing “Custom” in video settings.
SCM will use your article keywords to find relevant videos from Youtube to insert into the article.
You can customize what videos to insert. Use your own Youtube username, use a Youtube channel ID or insert a list of your own video embeds.
You can insert your own titles, categories, and paragraph content into the article generator in the Custom Content tab. Custom paragraphs allow you to insert your own footers, intros, and heavily spun content into generated articles.
SEO Content Machine will insert any custom content “as is.” It will not try to filter content, insert links, or convert spintax.
SEO Content Machine gives you control over how you insert content and links into content:
- You can insert links or tokens anywhere in an article
- You can customize the exact link code that gets inserted
- You can use spintax anywhere there is text
- Spintax can be used in format strings to reduce the possibility of footprints
- You can insert a link “contextually,” i.e., it will randomly pick some words and turn them into a link
- Filtering content removes or replaces unwanted content. The filter is applied to sentences, titles, and subheadings.
- By filtering URLs, you can select which URLs are used to gather content used for article creation.
Once you click on either option, a new popup will appear with available settings.
Insert links and image links in the content.
This is the last tab. When you are ready, and everything is set, just click on the “Run” button in the top right corner.
Unlike the Mass Article Creator option, Writing Assistant only works on a single article at a time. It generates content based on keywords, copy/pasted text, or your own writing. Additionally, it lets you filter chunks of text by keyword or remove certain keywords entirely.
When you set it all according to your needs, just click the “Run” button, and the tool will start working. You will get a bunch of sentences, questions, and heading, which you can use to generate an article. Content is scraped from Google, so it will not be unique. You will need to either use the Re-write or translate option to get unique content.
This feature can be useful, but not sure if many users are interested in it.
SEO Content Machine also offers various scraper methods which you can use. Let’s check what each of them does.
Static & Dynamic Page Scraper
The article downloader, which is divided into a dynamic and static page scraper, allows you to download complete articles. Enter URLs to target concrete pages or use the URL scraper to find them.
A built-in ReCaptcha breaker enables you to bypass Google captchas and get access to content. It runs on tokens that you can buy for $10 to get 1,250 tokens or $40 for 5,000.
Scrapers will ignore captcha-protected pages or look elsewhere if a bot-check is triggered and you are out of token.
Search & News
Input keywords, and SCM will fetch and download articles from the internet based on your set criteria and keywords.
With the help of the Wayback Machine, this scraper helps fetch content that’s no longer available on search engines. It’s simple to use. You need to enter the domain/s you want to extract content from or enter particular URLs.
Scrape and download feeds.
This is a handy feature for downloading video subtitles. You just enter the video URL.
Web crawler option is used for indexing a site and finding links on it.
Url scraper for scraping links from Google/Bing.
Images & Video Scraper
The SCM comes with two media scrapers. One for images and another for videos. The results are retrieved based on keywords and are very accurate.
Both options are good at avoiding copyrighted and NSFW material.
With content generation tools and scraper options, SCM also has some other features that can be useful for some users.
The paraphrasing tool uses AI technology to make changes to the content and make it plagiarism-free and unique while keeping the actual meaning of the original content.
It works based on credits where 1 credit is equal to 1 character. You can purchase 1 million characters for $10. From my testing, the tool usually doesn’t generate good content. You will still end manually making corrections.
Upload WP Post
The WordPress poster lets you upload content generated by the SEO Content Machine directly to WordPress sites. Save the articles you want to upload and schedule a time.
For more complicated formats, you’re better off exporting the file and uploading it to WordPress manually.
WordPress XML Generator
Use the XML generator tool to import existing articles on your hard drive, which you then use to create an XML file. You can then use that XML file and import it to a WordPress site.
While the Upload Post feature only supports WordPress, this option supports sending articles to WordPress and Blogger remotely.
Spin & Translate
Translate articles from one language to another and run them through the article rewriter software. The SCM works with several translator engines and spinner tools.
For translation, it uses Google, Bing, Yandex, etc. That means translations will be far from good. If you’ve ever used popular online translators, you know what to expect.
Easily generate your bio using this feature by providing some details like first name, last name, favorite movies, hobbies, etc. An interesting feature, but not sure how many users will actually need something like that.
Enter up to 3 keywords and combine them to generate new combinations of keywords.
CSV Template Merge
Use a CSV file and one template file and combine them to create multiple articles for each row in the CSV file.
Here you will find useful settings for features such as backup, search engine settings, scrape settings, article creator settings, post uploader settings, etc.
Integrate SCM with various other tools like WordAi, Chimp Rewriter, X-Spinner, Spin Rewriter, Spinner Chief, and translator tools like Google Translate, Deepl Translate, Bing Translate, Yandex Translate, etc.
Testing SEO Content Machine
Let’s put to the test Mass Article Creator as that is the main selling point of SEO Content Machine. I will test to see how good is the generated article. I will purposely use the same keywords I used in the Article Forge review to compare the text received.
EXAMPLE 1 – keyword “WordPress booking”
Following our example from the Article Forge review, I will use “WordPress Booking” in the primary keyword textbox.
I will choose that it scrapes Google USA (you can set another country or another language). I will leave at default settings and will not use any spinner, content inserts, or any other options because I want to see what content I will get using just SEO Content Machine.
Be noted that text will be generated from available content available online, so it will not be unique. For that, you need to enable one of the spin rewriter available options.
Also, I am using default settings. For better content results, there are many settings for fine-tuning.
Result = Here is the link to the text generated.
As you can see, the text generated doesn’t have any natural flow. It scraped descriptions from several booking plugins with no order. It was just mashed up together like a sour soup.
But that is because I didn’t enter related keywords. Instead, I used a general keyword that can be applied to all booking plugins.
This is not content I would use on any site. I would be better off just scraping content by myself and reordering a little.
EXAMPLE 2 – keyword “best WordPress themes”
This time, I selected “best WordPress themes” as the main keyword. For this example, I also used the same settings as for the first example.
Result = Here is a link to generated content.
This generated content is not bad. It sticks to WordPress themes, but it only mentions 6-7 themes while the title says 42 BEST responsive themes. Content after little arranging would be ok but still doesn’t have a natural flow. Be noted you can see all articles generated by clicking “Next file.” You set how many articles will be generated in the first tab.
EXAMPLE 3 – keyword “beagle training”
Here is one example that is not WordPress related. This time I have input several related keywords about training beagles to see if I will get an article that talks about a specific topic. But to get unique content, I have also enabled a free spin rewriter option called “soft spin.”
Result = Here is a link to see generated text.
Inspecting generated content, I can see that content passes the plagiarism test (I use Grammarly plagiarism checker) because I enabled the “soft spin” option. But because of spin rewriting, the content doesn’t make sense in most cases. Maybe it would be better when using paid third-party spin rewriter option.
Overall, it seems content did resolve about training beagles.
SEO Content Machine Price
The good thing about SCM is that it offers a 5-day trial. With no obligation and no need to enter credit card or any other payment data.
If you decide to pay monthly, the price will be $27. The quarterly plan is $57, the annual plan costs $120, and the perpetual plan is $197. You get all features no matter which plan you choose.
I must admit SEO Content Machine is regularly updated. It is enough to see the changelog, and you know this project is heavily invested in.
You will find guides and tutorials in the form of videos, but there is no documentation in writing format if you prefer that option. You can also contact support for assistance.
Pros & Cons
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of using the SCM article generator.
- Content titles are usually not good
- Created content is in many cases not usable
- Translate content feature is not best considering it uses Google translate and similar services
- Many additional features, but I don’t think most users will be interested in those
- You will be overwhelmed with all the features at first
SEO Content Machine Alternative
Article Forge is an alternative option. It is a web-based tool and direct competition to SEO Content Machine.
Article Forge is web-based, and SEO Content Machine is software which means it needs to be downloaded and installed. Article Forge is simpler as you don’t need to install anything and just log in whenever you want to use it.
While SCM has been on the market for a long time, Article Forge is relatively new. This is why SCM has far more features. Article Forge doesn’t have the most options SEO Content Machine comes with. But Article Forge is because of that simpler to use, and there is no learning curve.
With SCM, you might be overwhelmed with all the features when you first start to use it. Regarding generated content quality, I think they give approximately similar results. However, you have more freedom in SCM to improve the outcome of received content.
SCM is also cheaper than Article Forge. Taking all that into consideration, between those two, I would recommend you to get SEO Content Machine.
SEO Content Machine vs Article Forge Comparison
- ARTICLE GENERATOR
- ARTICLE LENGTH
- TITLES AND HEADINGS
- OPTION TO ADD IMAGE
- OPTION TO ADD VIDEO
- REPLACE KEYWORDS WITH LINKS
- INTEGRATION WITH VARIOUS REWRITING TOOLS
- SET NUMBER OF SENTENCE VARIATIONS
- SET NUMBER OF PARAGRAPH VARIATIONS
- SHUFFLE PARAGRAPHS OPTION
- POST TO WORDPRESS SITES
- POST SCHEDULER OPTION
- EXPORT OPTION
- AVAILABLE API
- TRANSLATE ARTICLES
- INSERT YOUR OWN IMAGES AND VIDEO
- MULTIPLE SOURCES OF CONTENT
- TOOL FOR FINDING LONG TAIL KEYWORDS
- INTEGRATED FREE SPINNER
- OTHER SUPPORTED EXTERNAL TOOLS
- CUSTOMIZABLE TEMPLATES
- CAN SOLVE GOOGLE CAPTCHA
- GOOGLE REGIONS AND LANGUAGES
- CUSTOM THESAURUS
- CONTENT FILTER
- WRITING ASSISTANT FEATURE
- ARCHIVE.ORG DOWNLOADER
- DYNAMIC PAGE SCRAPER
- YOUTUBE SUBTITLE DOWNLOADER
- TRIAL OPTION
- MONEY BACK GURANTEE
- ARTICLE FORGE
- Maximum is 750 words
- Monthly $47 or Annual $297
- SEO CONTENT MACHINE
- It seems no max limit
- Monthly $27, Quarterly $57, Annual $120, Perpetual $197
NOTE: The information stated in the comparison table may be inaccurate because, as time goes by, tools get changes and updates. For the most accurate information, check official sites.
Also, in comparison tables, not all features that each tool offers are mentioned. One or more tools might offer far more options than mentioned in the comparison table. Another great content generator tool is Kontent Machine. For more info about it, you can check the Kontent Machine review.
You can even use Anyword, 10Web Assistant or Jasper AI. Those are copywriting tools that use artificial intelligence to generate content. For more info, you can check 10Web Assistant review, Anyword review and Jasper AI review.
SEO Content Machine Review Summary
Content creator tools create content for you. Typically they allow you to download content, mash content together to make new articles, insert links/images/videos into existing articles, translate content in bulk, upload and post to your blog and spin your content in bulk using spinners.
SEO Content Machine is one of those content creator tools. It has many options and features. So much that at first, you might feel overwhelmed.
New features are continuously added. Adding more features means developers are keeping up with the latest trends and technology to make this software better.
SCM is a multi-language content scraper and generator. It can scrap Google or Bing search results in any region/language and extract content from those listings.
SEO Content Machine comes with a free spinner called “soft spin.” For a free spinner, it works well, and maybe enough for your needs. However, you can get slightly more natural results with something like WordAi. You can also build your own thesaurus.
SCM also allows creating articles uploaded with custom fields and optionally with meta tag information which is often beneficial for WordPress users.
It is one of the few content scrapers that can use Google to find and download content for you. However, automated scraping eventually means you will trip up Google anti-bot systems and trigger a captcha event.
SEO Content Machine can automatically solve simple reCaptcha events. The process is automatic. All it requires is that you have pre-purchased captcha breaking credits.
You have all the control in the process of generating content. You can quickly generate content with fewer options or use advanced settings.
In that case, you will have more control over generated content. Of course, SCM is not perfect. A common problem you might have when trying to scrape content is getting irrelevant and not useful content, images, and videos.
Unfortunately, SEO Content Machine has the same issue as other article generator tools. The article generated doesn’t have a natural flow, and it often skips from topic to topic.
Text is unrelated to the topic, so you often need to edit. A lot. It is best to provide your own list of URLs to the article creator. That way, you can ensure content is relevant. For better text quality, you can use the article creator content filter.
The article creator has a special junk filter box that you can use to ensure that content contains a keyword -or- that content doesn’t include a spam word.
Most people want generated content based on input keywords ASAP without much fiddling with settings. That is the point of content generator tools. To save time. But you might end up overwhelmed with features SCM offers and still not be satisfied with the results.
For me, SCM still needs a lot of work. The software just can’t replace human and create 100% human-readable content. Between content generator tools and spin rewriters, I would rather choose a spin rewriter.
In any case, I suggest you take advantage of the trial option and test SCM. If you have used SEO Content Machine or any other article generator, let me know your opinion in the comments below.
DISCLOSURE: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, I might get a small commission, without any extra cost to you. Read more about it here.